PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Article in School Magazine

karinita_denise
01-28-2008, 06:26 PM
I just wanted to share with you guys a short article that my school's Honors College published in their magazine last semester.

"RON PAUL

If given the option to put any current presidential candidate into office today, my choice would rest solely on Texas Republican Ron Paul. He has made consistent decisions throughout his twenty years in office, and he has made those decisions based on our Constitution. He voted against the Patriot Act in 2001 and against the War on Iraq in 2003, stating his belief that the war seemed to be based on shaky pretenses. He believes the U.S. Government has overstepped its bounds with respect to the War on Drugs, Federal Income Tax, Patriot Act, and the proposed national ID card. His foreign and domestic policies are derived from the concept of non-intervention and belief in the free market, reinforced by sound decision making at the state and local level. The Federal Government's only job is to protect you, not infantilize you. For those who wish for Government to participate in humanitarian niceties, he recommends donating money to charities and NPO's, as opposed to spending other people's money for one's own purposes. Though it took time to accept this notion, I believe that this kind of limit on federal power maximizes the liberty and freedom of every single American."

I was very excited when I read this article because I don't hear much about Ron Paul here in central Arkansas.

Just wanted to share this.

Arklatex
01-28-2008, 06:47 PM
GRACIAS PARA QUE KARINA!

We can count on having the college vote(18-29), but only if they find out who RON PAUL is. Many have never heard of him and are very apathetic towards politics. Are there many Ron Paul signs on your campus?

DALE TU AMIGOS DE RON PAUL! :D

karinita_denise
01-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Nope, not on campus. I've seen a couple around town though. I try my best to talk to my classmates about Ron Paul, even through facebook. I've also got a big sign on a window in my car...it has attracted quite a few people. :)