PDA

View Full Version : Just left a note at an Obama household

Arklatex
01-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm guessing by the black 'n mild cigar I saw sitting on the front porch they are African american, but more importantly they have two Obama yard signs I pass by everyday to work. It's a prime place, many eyes these two signs everyday.

While at work today I wrote up a hand written letter, kept it simple, mentioned Ron Paul and Obama's record on the Patriot Act especially. It was short, I greeted them as "Fellow Patriot" and left a Postscript of:

PS: How funny politicians' voting records are compared to their Marketing.

:D I left my email address for his/her return.

DealzOnWheelz
01-28-2008, 06:11 PM
I love the black n mild reference

jacross
01-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure they are just going to think you are a wanker.

affa
01-28-2008, 06:28 PM
stereotypes suck.

karinita_denise
01-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Let us know if they respond to it. lol

libertythor
01-28-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm guessing by the black 'n mild cigar I saw sitting on the front porch they are African american,

WTF? Was that necessary?

http://www.stephencosgrove.com/images/trolls.jpg

krott5333
01-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I used to smoke Black & Milds, and I'm white.

(but the stereotype is still mostly accurate!)

krott5333
01-28-2008, 06:39 PM
WTF? Was that necessary?

aww cmon, is your need to be so PC necessary? Its an accurate stereotype, and black people dont mind.

I always hear black people making fun of their own stereotypes, watermelon, fried chicken, corn bread.

they love pork rinds too!

libertythor
01-28-2008, 06:39 PM
(but the stereotype is still mostly accurate!)

I agree. That is why I only asked if that reference was necessary. lol

libertythor
01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
aww cmon, is your need to be so PC necessary? Its an accurate stereotype, and black people dont mind.

I always hear black people making fun of their own stereotypes, watermelon, fried chicken, corn bread.

I love all of those things myself. Chitlins aren't that bad either. Here in Tijuana, tacos are made out of that, and they are delicious.

dw1345
01-28-2008, 06:42 PM
how would you like it if a McCain supporter saw your Ron Paul signs and left a note on your door telling you that we should be in Iraq for a hundred more years, bomb Iran, and give amnesty? let them believe what they believe, its not like they are going to change parties because of your letter. Now, If you see a Rudy sign, that's a different story :)

Arklatex
01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
how would you like it if a McCain supporter saw your Ron Paul signs and left a note on your door telling you that we should be in Iraq for a hundred more years, bomb Iran, and give amnesty?

OMG, I'd frame it! I was very respectful in my letter. I'd love it if someone cared enough about their candidate and their ideas to drop me off a letter! It's OK to ask someone why they support someone! If they can't vocalize it they probably shouldn't be campaigning for them!

karinita_denise
01-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Amen!

libertythor
01-28-2008, 07:08 PM
OMG, I'd frame it! I was very respectful in my letter. I'd love it if someone cared enough about their candidate and their ideas to drop me off a letter! It's OK to ask someone why they support someone! If they can't vocalize it they probably shouldn't be campaigning for them!

If it was a note pasted to my door, I would scan it and post it on the internet. LOL

affa
01-28-2008, 07:17 PM

I don't care what you 'always' hear. This thread comes off racist as hell and you people should be ashamed of yourselves for engaging in such dialog. And you know damn well Dr. Ron Paul would not approve - he'd allow it because its free speech, but he'd consider it collectivist nonsense.

This isn't about being or not being PC - this is about your fundamental lack of understanding of what is and what is not racist. Here's a clue - joking about the likes or dislikes of an entire race and hiding behind the fact that 'you know a black guy who' also thinks that is still racism. I suppose you tell racist jokes too, but hey, it's ok because your 'black friend' thinks its funny.

Aballistar
01-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Black and Milds are yummy. Used to smoke them almost exclusively. Went through a Salem kick too. (I'm white)

Ginobili
01-28-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't care what you 'always' hear. This thread comes off racist as hell and you people should be ashamed of yourselves for engaging in such dialog. And you know damn well Dr. Ron Paul would not approve - he'd allow it because its free speech, but he'd consider it collectivist nonsense.

This isn't about being or not being PC - this is about your fundamental lack of understanding of what is and what is not racist. Here's a clue - joking about the likes or dislikes of an entire race and hiding behind the fact that 'you know a black guy who' also thinks that is still racism. I suppose you tell racist jokes too, but hey, it's ok because your 'black friend' thinks its funny.

Chill Pill, bro...

I hate racist, but seriously... a joke is a joke, if some one cant take it, thats their problem. Expecially a joke of this mild of consequence, any one who has a problem with it clearly needs to take a look at them selves, as they must have issues.

libertythor
01-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I am white and enjoy Tacos de Tripa. (Tacos made out of the intestines or the udder lactation ducts of an animal.) Chitlin Tacos Trust me! They taste great.

affa
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Chill Pill, bro...

I hate racist, but seriously... a joke is a joke, if some one cant take it, thats their problem. Expecially a joke of this mild of consequence, any one who has a problem with it clearly needs to take a look at them selves, as they must have issues.

Need I remind you about the smear attack?

This isn't a couple friends having a conversation, this is a popular internet forum open to the world.

r0bren0
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
He is a candidate running for president in 2008 so other opponents will try to topple him off his platform.

constitutional
01-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I am not a troll, but I had a heated discussion with a Obama supporter last night. The soul reason they did not support Ron Paul, was because he is against giving visas to terrorists nations and the like. Frankly, this is the only point that I might not agree completely with Ron Paul on seeing as how some potential students might just be looking for the same opportunity and freedoms as our founding fathers did when they came to this land. Yes, it is more complicating than that. I did however mention Obamas stance on asssult weapons, the patriot act, wishy washy answer for the war, and how his increase in minimum wage would further unemployment (my friend is an economics major so he understood this point on S&D). Quite honestly Obama would worsen our economic situation.

Ron Paul is the better choice... don't mean to offen anyone here about my stance on the visas. My best friend is a student from Honderas with a visa and he is worried that even though his country isn't considered a terrorist nation he might still be deported. I am a die hard Ron Paul supporter that did his part for Nov 5th, December 16th, and January 15th and I voted/sign waved for Ron Paul in the Michigan primaries.

To limit the issuance of student and diversity immigrant visas to aliens who are nationals of Saudi Arabia, countries that support terrorism, or countries not cooperating fully with United States antiterrorism efforts.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Terror Immigration Elimination Act of 2003'.

SEC. 2. LIMITATION ON ISSUANCE OF STUDENT AND DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISAS TO ALIENS WHO ARE NATIONALS OF SAUDI ARABIA OR COUNTRIES THAT SUPPORT TERRORISM OR ARE NOT COOPERATING FULLY WITH UNITED STATES ANTITERRORISM EFFORTS.

(a) LIMITATION ON ISSUANCE OF STUDENT VISAS- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, an alien may not be granted a visa for study in the United States under subparagraphs (F), (J), or (M) of section 101(a)(15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act without review by the President if the alien is a national of Saudi Arabia, a country designated under section 620A of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (22 U.S.C. 2371) as a country that has repeatedly provided support for acts of international terrorism, section 6(j) of the Export Administration Act (50 U.S.C. app. 2405(j)) as a country that supports acts of international terrorism, or section 40A of the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2781) as a country not cooperating fully with United States antiterrorism efforts.

(d) LIMITATION ON ISSUANCE OF DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISAS- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, an alien may not be granted an immigrant visa under section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(c)) relating to diversity immigrants without review by the President if the alien is a national of Saudi Arabia, a country designated under section 620A of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (22 U.S.C. 2371) as a country that has repeatedly provided support for acts of international terrorism, section 6(j) of the Export Administration Act (50 U.S.C. app. 2405(j)) as a country that supports acts of international terrorism, or section 40A of the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2781) as a country not fully cooperating with United States antiterrorism efforts.
END

Sounds about right, we can put embargoes on nations then we can deny visas.

karinita_denise
01-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey, I'm from Honduras and I also have a student visa. I can't vote, but I like Ron Paul. The only thing is that I don't quite understand Ron Paul's view on immigration. Can somebody explain please.

Arklatex
01-28-2008, 07:51 PM
I lived in Honduras for 4 wonderful months. Especially around the Bay Islands of Utila! That country is the closet to anarchy you can get! Not that's it's evil, there's not much of a central government infrastructure. It's liberty at its finest hah!

Ron Paul stance on is immigration is the best! He love its, investors love it, it's what a free society and freedom is all about. However when it comes to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION he has one of the strongest stances: IT'S ILLEGAL and a slap in the face to the law abiding immigrants coming into the country.

Most importantly Ron Paul understands how the events of September 11th caused a paradigm shift, we shouldn't be waring with nations, we face the greatest threat from insane individuals who could infiltrate our borders with relative ease. Our own borders are where we should be focusing, not the border between Iraq and Syria.

GodOfThunder
01-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Was there a watermelon rind and an empty can of grape soda on their porch, too? You have to be sure about these things...

yongrel
01-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Everyone's a little bit racist...

Arklatex
01-31-2008, 09:27 PM
UPDATE: They removed their yards signs! Can you believe that?! I noticed a Ron PAUL bumper across the street so they probably think the message came from there.

libertythor
01-31-2008, 09:29 PM
UPDATE: They removed their yards signs! Can you believe that?! I noticed a Ron PAUL bumper across the street so they probably think the message came from there.

Good! :)

Arklatex
01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Good! :)

Ready for the Midnight Revolution libertythor?!

Jae0
01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Everyone's a little bit racist...

Theres a difference between laughing at some things (I think racial jokes and slurrs are hilarious, I dont care if we're talking about black, white, indian, spanish ect)

But I would never treat someone differently just because of their race. Everyones equal.

libertythor
01-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Ready for the Midnight Revolution libertythor?!

You betchya! BTW The photo of the two trolls dancing in the moonlight was meant as comedy and not a jab. I just knew that there would be controversy though.

Arklatex
01-31-2008, 09:36 PM
But I would never treat someone differently just because of their race. Everyones equal.

I agree. All life, even animals i say, and all consciousnesses including plants. I'm down with that.

Jae0
01-31-2008, 09:36 PM
I try not to step on flowers.

Arklatex
01-31-2008, 09:38 PM

What are you kidding me, I love that pic. Complement taken.

libertythor
01-31-2008, 09:39 PM
What are you kidding me, I love that pic. Complement taken.

Check the edit I made to my signature. LOL Too bad images aren't allowed in signatures.