PDA

View Full Version : Paul campaign to unleash the dogs of war in the form of TV buys.

Ex Post Facto
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
http://adage.com/campaigntrail/article?article_id=123394

Paul may have just guessed this race correctly. Paul, who has raised a reported war chest exceeding $20 million, has spent, by our analysis, only around $2.5 million on TV ads thus far. The Paul campaign as of yesterday has begun buying in states such as Texas, which hold primaries after Super Tuesday. Paul could outspend his rivals on TV down the stretch of the GOP races, and the way this campaign has gone, who would really be surprised?

DirtMcGirt
01-28-2008, 05:58 PM
In Ron We Trust!!!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Finally. I've been waiting for this.

Ex Post Facto
01-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Imagine he's only spent 2.5 million thus far on ads. All the other monies were placed on future ad spots.

Janet0116
01-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I saw my first Ron Paul tv ad today -- I'm in Arkansas :)

billyjoeallen
01-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Texas ads would help spread name recognition for any future Senate or House runs if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. It's a can't lose proposition.

WRellim
01-28-2008, 06:04 PM

Paul may have just guessed this race correctly. Paul, who has raised a reported war chest exceeding $20 million, has spent, by our analysis, only around $2.5 million on TV ads thus far. The Paul campaign as of yesterday has begun buying in states such as Texas, which hold primaries after Super Tuesday. Paul could outspend his rivals on TV down the stretch of the GOP races, and the way this campaign has gone, who would really be surprised?

So, we're short of money to do the proper advertising in the Feb 5th states... we have two recent ads in the can (which fanboys seem to love, but which do nothing really as far as spreading the message on Paul)...

...and now we're buying ad time in Texas? (where the primary, BTW is **MARCH ** 4th.

So, the $20M question is: Is this about running for President ... or using PCC funds to get re-elected to Congress?

(NOW I undertstand... now the new "The Only One" advertisement finally makes sense... it comes off as if he is running for Congress... which he is... in Texas.)

LibertyForAll
01-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Great article!

Midnight77
01-28-2008, 06:06 PM

Ron only has around $8 Million left. This was acknowledged by Ron himself in a recent interview. Probably around $10 Million after the last money bomb where he got around $2 Million. But the question is whether or not he spent the bulk of his money for Super Tuesday buys or whether all that money was spent in New Hampshire and Iowa.

me3
01-28-2008, 06:10 PM
The money could have been placed as deposits for future ad time. By buying in later states early, they may have had more options.

I hope people really don't overlook the tremendous number of campaign offices set up. We're easily the leader in that field.

Pete
01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
It appears that he spent some serious jack on ads for the Tuesday states. He apparently spent $17 million in the fourth quarter (5+20-8) and I doubt that he exceeded $3 million for IA and NH combined.

Those with money, please contribute. I personally am dried up until late February.

ShowMeLiberty
01-28-2008, 06:16 PM
From the article in the OP:

"In my 20-20 hindsight of the ad buys, it is clear the candidates put too much of their hopes and media budgets into the early states, embracing the conventional wisdom that Super Tuesday would be little more than a victory lap for each party's nominee. Following this strategy caused over-spending in Iowa and New Hampshire (close to $80 million) and now leaves the remaining campaigns scrambling for cash and buying TV time day to day, the equivalent of living paycheck to paycheck. "

That sounds like the "secret strategy" we kept hearing about, and that YouTube video of the lion (?) racing headlong into a tree with the caption 'the rules have changed'.

I keep imagining Dr. Paul laying back in the weeds grinning as his whole plan unfolds exactly as expected.

*Happy, happy, joy, joy*

Digg Link: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Primary_Tally_So_Far_160_000_TV_Spots_and_141M_in_ Spending_2

Sey.Naci
01-28-2008, 06:18 PM
The money could have been placed as deposits for future ad time. By buying in later states early, they may have had more options.

I hope people really don't overlook the tremendous number of campaign offices set up. We're easily the leader in that field.Yup.

bucfish
01-28-2008, 06:19 PM
He is slowly gonna turn the tide and trump the Horse Race scenario. The tortoise will beat the hare.

Lisa S
01-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm in middle Ga. and the only political ad I've seen is for O'bama. This is bible belt and Huckabee will probably take it unless his name gets out here.

enjerth
01-28-2008, 06:43 PM
It's funny, cause Giuliani was counting on this basic scenario for his own victory. No clear leader going in to Florida. The difference is that Ron Paul has been in the race the whole time, while Giuliani was just waiting to show up.

Now it seems that Ron Paul is set up to do the most damage.

Blitzkrieg.

Tina
01-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I saw my first Ron Paul tv ad today -- I'm in Arkansas :)

Which channel?

Johncjackson
01-28-2008, 06:53 PM
So, the $20M question is: Is this about running for President ... or using PCC funds to get re-elected to Congress?

Do you know anything about Ron Paul?

He does not need that money to be re-elected to Congress. None of his challengers have any money at all. EVERY election he raises money for Congressional re-election from his NATIONWIDE base of donors.

I sure many of the same people who kick started his POTUS campaign have given to his House races in the past and probably have contributed to both this go-around.

People act like he just learned how to fundraise, when he has aways been known for the nationwide network of supporters, a large % outside of his district, who donate lots of money every 2 years.

If he just wanted to run for his House seat, he wouldve had no problem retaining it, as he always does. If anything his POTUS run may HURT his re-election efforts. He is taking a risk by doing this.

newyearsrevolution08
01-28-2008, 06:55 PM
What I still find funny is people still thinking that Ron Paul doesn't have a long term strategy for all of this.

With or without wins we WILL be in the general election, we are going LONG TERM and no SINGLE STATE or SINGLE DATE is going to collapse this campaign.

We need to focus on the big picture and realize that WE WILL BE IN THE GENERAL ELECTION so lets get him the money, supporters and as much effort that we can give him.

Too many people came into this OVERLY excited and now can only go down from there. Stop getting overly excited and stick to the plan. This is a long term battle and I always laugh when I see people giving up so quickly due to a single state or a few states giving rp low results.

WAKE UP PEOPLE - research the delegates and why we will still get the white house under control in the end whether we win the super tuesday states or not.

The best thing to do is to not get overly excited or overly depressed over the day to day poll results and bad publicity or good publicity. Just continue doing the footwork that ron paul has told us needs to get done.

9ui1ian1 will be dropping out
huckster will be dropping out

It will be one of these two scenarios below

Ron Paul vs. Clinton = President Ron Paul

or

Ron Paul vs. Mittens Romney vs. Clinton = President Ron Paul

the other candidates are feeding into the msm and thinking that they really are telling the nation which states matter, which votes matter and I think many Americans are starting to wake up and realize that their vote does count.

keep up a stead fight, dont get disappointed with day to day issues and think LONG TERM.

Janet0116
01-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Which channel?

KATV, Channel 7 -- it played during the local news/weather break of Good Morning America

RobS
01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
The campaign is smarter than what most thought... I know they wanted to do better in Iowa and New Hampshire, but those were battles. I think in the overall "war" we are still as well positioned as possible considering how things are stacked against us.

DONATE!

I'll be donating on the 1st, because I'll actually have money then and it is the money bomb day :)

Ex Post Facto
01-28-2008, 07:08 PM
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080128006442&newsLang=en

Ron Paul ‘The Only One’ TV Ad Runs in Tennessee and Arkansas
30-Second Spot Shows That Other Candidates Cannot Match Congressman Paul’s Record as a Fiscal Conservative

ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul has unveiled a new television ad – titled “The Only One” – that is running in Tennessee and Arkansas.

“There are now five Republican candidates battling for the nomination, but only Congressman Paul can truly be called ‘the taxpayer’s best friend.’ His record as a fiscal conservative is unmatched,” said Ron Paul 2008 campaign chairman Kent Snyder. “Only Dr. Paul has never supported a tax increase, never supported an unbalanced budget, and never supported wasteful spending.”

The ad can be viewed here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWL7F4nK_Yw

The following is a transcript of the 30 second advertisement:

[Images of Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, John McCain and Mike Huckabee]

Narrator: “Who among these men has never supported a tax increase? Never supported an unbalanced budget? Never supported wasteful government spending?

[All but Congressman Ron Paul fade away]

Narrator: “Congressman Ron Paul… the taxpayer’s best friend.

“We need to keep him fighting for our country. [Ronald Reagan quote]”

Congressman Paul: “I’m Ron Paul and I approve this message.”

Naraku
01-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure about this. The only way this works is if Rudy or maybe Romney wins Florida. If McCain wins there it's all over.

Lord Xar
01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
right I am confused. I heard 8million left. SO, what happend to ALL THAT MONEY!!! If they are NOW buying ads - then he will have MUCH LESS THAN 8 million... where did over 15million go? And we aren't even talking about carry over from the previous quarters. I don't know. That sounds like alot of wasted money.

Ex Post Facto
01-28-2008, 07:46 PM
right I am confused. I heard 8million left. SO, what happend to ALL THAT MONEY!!! If they are NOW buying ads - then he will have MUCH LESS THAN 8 million... where did over 15million go? And we aren't even talking about carry over from the previous quarters. I don't know. That sounds like alot of wasted money.

They idea is that Paul pre purchased tv slots in other states, while everyone blew their wads on a couple states.

RobHino
01-28-2008, 07:54 PM
I live in San Antonio, and I've already heard Dr. Paul's Immigration Ad twice today. Yesterday evening on my way back home from Austin was the first time I heard it. The ad I heard in Austin was during a show on 590AM (http://www.590klbj.com/) where the host was interviewing Andy Gause (http://www.andygause.com/) about the Federal Reserve. The Ads I heard in San Antonio were on 550AM KTSA (http://ktsa.com/).

:D

Lou337
01-28-2008, 08:00 PM
I hope this comparison makes sense.

Remember that George Washington never won a single battle during his first year of command of the continental army. Their army was famous for retreating. In our campaign terms, let me clear this up.

Ron Paul has not won a mainstream media battle against the top commentators or networks. FOX news are the brits. Let's call msnbc, abc, and cnn the hessians. :)

We have been forced to retreat from the media spotlight by forces beyond our control but we still find a safe place to regroup & recruit (rallies at every other candidate's arrival, canvassing, phone canvassing, talking to people).

We must now make our crossing at the Delaware River (Super Tuesday) or suffer the british devils! :D

........I like history too much.

literatim
01-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Ron only has around $8 Million left. This was acknowledged by Ron himself in a recent interview. Probably around $10 Million after the last money bomb where he got around $2 Million. But the question is whether or not he spent the bulk of his money for Super Tuesday buys or whether all that money was spent in New Hampshire and Iowa.

He only spent around $2.6 million in Iowa and less than that in New Hampshire.

RonPaulFTW08
01-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Ummm California? What about KA-LEEE-FOURRRR-NEEYAAAAA????

specsaregood
01-28-2008, 08:36 PM

It may be wishful thinking, but I think he could claim honestly that there is only 8 million left that hadn't already been BUDGETED. :) ie: the rest had already been set aside for future buys. This would be a nice little deceptive tactic against the other campaigns (look weaker than we are) and still be honest.

jblosser
01-28-2008, 08:45 PM
So, we're short of money to do the proper advertising in the Feb 5th states... we have two recent ads in the can (which fanboys seem to love, but which do nothing really as far as spreading the message on Paul)...

...and now we're buying ad time in Texas? (where the primary, BTW is **MARCH ** 4th.

(NOW I undertstand... now the new "The Only One" advertisement finally makes sense... it comes off as if he is running for Congress... which he is... in Texas.)

Our primary is later than some but we have more delegates than all other states but CA and our delegate process is fairly open. It's not an unbound caucus but it's not a predefined slate either.

We also have people here very concerned about life, the border, the TTC, etc. Once we navigate the neocon fearmongering around the war, TX becomes a lock for Paul.

Bilgefisher
01-28-2008, 08:48 PM
It may be wishful thinking, but I think he could claim honestly that there is only 8 million left that hadn't already been BUDGETED. :) ie: the rest had already been set aside for future buys. This would be a nice little deceptive tactic against the other campaigns (look weaker than we are) and still be honest.

Either way, if we expect to compete with the Romney self funded warchest, we need to continue donating. Better yet, recruit others to donate.

newyearsrevolution08
01-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Mittens romney only has his money backing him, his voters and the % are dropping daily for him. Pretty soon his money will not buy anything except debt for his family.

That is the difference between Ron Paul and the other candidates, Ron Paul actually has supporters who support him unlike mittens who supports himself alone.

We are in for the long haul which we all can agree on, the real question is "how much money is mittens willing to lose?" He is not going to become president which we all know and is only a buzz word because he has money and nothing else.

If you put his views on someone extremely broke like the huckster for instance he would odds are be polling at under 1% nationally.... He has no real stance that is electable and is only inflating his numbers SOLEY with money that is getting used for a wasteful campaign that will not do a damn thing in the long run.

The great thing though is, once he realizes that his money alone cant buy the presidency his bought supporters will want to go somewhere and with all the bad campaigning done from the romney campaign and even against it they will behappy to come over to the ron paul group because ron paul does not talk down on the other candidates and has led a 100% honest campaign. Try and find another candidate who is actually campaigning respectfully?

Kotin
01-28-2008, 08:55 PM

Remember that George Washington never won a single battle during his first year of command of the continental army. Their army was famous for retreating. In our campaign terms, let me clear this up.

Ron Paul has not won a mainstream media battle against the top commentators or networks. FOX news are the brits. Let's call msnbc, abc, and cnn the hessians. :)

We have been forced to retreat from the media spotlight by forces beyond our control but we still find a safe place to regroup & recruit (rallies at every other candidate's arrival, canvassing, phone canvassing, talking to people).

We must now make our crossing at the Delaware River (Super Tuesday) or suffer the british devils! :D

Sweet!!

me too.

satchelmcqueen
01-28-2008, 09:14 PM
What I still find funny is people still thinking that Ron Paul doesn't have a long term strategy for all of this.

With or without wins we WILL be in the general election, we are going LONG TERM and no SINGLE STATE or SINGLE DATE is going to collapse this campaign.

We need to focus on the big picture and realize that WE WILL BE IN THE GENERAL ELECTION so lets get him the money, supporters and as much effort that we can give him.

Too many people came into this OVERLY excited and now can only go down from there. Stop getting overly excited and stick to the plan. This is a long term battle and I always laugh when I see people giving up so quickly due to a single state or a few states giving rp low results.

WAKE UP PEOPLE - research the delegates and why we will still get the white house under control in the end whether we win the super tuesday states or not.

The best thing to do is to not get overly excited or overly depressed over the day to day poll results and bad publicity or good publicity. Just continue doing the footwork that ron paul has told us needs to get done.

or

the other candidates are feeding into the msm and thinking that they really are telling the nation which states matter, which votes matter and I think many Americans are starting to wake up and realize that their vote does count.

keep up a stead fight, dont get disappointed with day to day issues and think LONG TERM.

this is true!

HenryKnoxFineBooks
01-28-2008, 10:17 PM

LOL, what i like about this anology is FOX as the British. Remember at Boston Commons, the Boston Massacre, was started when Boston Citizens started throwing snow and Ice at the British at the Customs House....sound familiar?

elahewu
01-28-2008, 10:21 PM
If he's now buying time for primaries a month from now, I'm sure he purchased the current ads a month ago. I remember posts and news articles awhile back about buying massive tv ad time.

TV ads are not the most important goal. His strategy is go get delegates. Most state's delegates are only bound to the primary election results for the first or second round of voting. We have to get RP delegates elected, even if they are bound to vote for someone else due to primary results. After the first or second round, they can vote their conscience.

Here is a video explaining this strategy - Delegate Recruitment (http://www.vimeo.com/383751)

RonPaulFTW08
01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I love this article..

"On the Republican side, the race it is now less about paid media and more about momentum and endurance. Strategically, Rudy Giuliani's campaign has pinned all its hopes and cash on winning Florida, while the John McCain camp continues to use his recent primary wins to fund his next primary campaigns. Both campaigns would love to go back in time and put their squandered campaign funds in an Al Gore lock-box to use at this point in the race."

"There is no telling what cards the GOP contenders will have left to play post-Florida, and thus far no one is spending beyond the state except for one candidate. As it turns out, a consultant on the Republican side could take a lesson from none other than Rep. Ron Paul. Paul may have just guessed this race correctly. Paul, who has raised a reported war chest exceeding $20 million, has spent, by our analysis, only around $2.5 million on TV ads thus far. The Paul campaign as of yesterday has begun buying in states such as Texas, which hold primaries after Super Tuesday. Paul could outspend his rivals on TV down the stretch of the GOP races, and the way this campaign has gone, who would really be surprised?"

Ummm I heard someone somewhere say something like.. "RON PAUL FOR THE LONG HAUL! ...and I agree! ;-)

HarryBrowneLives
01-28-2008, 11:23 PM
... And you can bet that those ads are just the start of it if this anaysis is true. I would bet $100.00 to the campaign that they bought the bulk of the ads backward from Feb. 5th.

Ex Post Facto
01-28-2008, 11:47 PM
... And you can bet that those ads are just the start of it if this anaysis is true. I would bet $100.00 to the campaign that they bought the bulk of the ads backward from Feb. 5th.

lol that would be genious.

goldismoney
01-29-2008, 12:11 AM

Also, keep in mind that the campaign also spent money in Nevada (I heard lots of radio ads on at least 3 different stations in Las Vegas) and RP got a lot of delegates based my observations.

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm surprised at Xar, you're slippin dude... Have some faith in Dr. P brother

WRellim
01-29-2008, 12:38 AM
Our primary is later than some but we have more delegates than all other states but CA and our delegate process is fairly open. It's not an unbound caucus but it's not a predefined slate either.

We also have people here very concerned about life, the border, the TTC, etc. Once we navigate the neocon fearmongering around the war, TX becomes a lock for Paul.

I am not saying that TEXAS is unimportant... I am in an after-SDT state myself (But MID February just 2 weeks after SDT -- and we're a pretty good sized delegate state too I might add -- we have 40 -- more than Nevada OR Louisiana BTW -- but we get NOTHING from the campaign other than demands for donations -- we don't even get an office or a state "coordinator" here!)

And my point is a simple one:

A man who tells me he doesn't have enough money to pay for his breakfast...
Has NO BUSINESS putting a down-payment on his after-dinner dessert.

The statement DIRECTLY FROM today's campaign email letter (over Ron's name) said:

" We need, frankly $5 million by February 5 to run more TV and radio ads in the Super Tuesday states. "

Which in my metaphor is "breakfast" -- so if the campaign needs more money for ADS on Super Tuesday -- ONE week from now -- then why are they buying ADS for a state that has a primary that is still 6 weeks away???

(Could it coincidentally have anything to do with the fact that it is a state he is also running for Congress in? Or one where his Congressional Campaign Committee Chairperson is the same as the person who runs his Texas State PRes. Campaign office? And who was recently given a new title of "National Media Director" for the Presidential Campaign? Something smells in Denmark, and it ain't the fish.)

Sorry I just call them as I see them... I am vigilant, and hate duplicity ANYWHERE I find it.
I'm not easily hoodwinked -- and I don't even let my best friend blow smoke up my backside.

MOTTOS:
1) Trust but Verify! -- Ronald Reagan
2) Whack 'em upside the head when they LIE! -- WLM Underhill

therealjjj77
01-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Imagine he's only spent 2.5 million thus far on ads. All the other monies were placed on future ad spots.

There was also a lot spent on radio ads and mail outs and setting up offices in a lot of these states. These expenses do add up. We need to continue to contribute.

HarryBrowneLives
01-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Yep, the grassroots support in terms of the offices cost money as well. But my guess is that it appears that a decent chunk of that 10-Mil or so was "spent" in ad buys in several of the Super Tues. states and beyond.

The media was/is focused on the primary of the day, the horserace, but didn't think to follow the money.

Could turn out to be brilliant. Very, very shrewd.

Plus, there is another factor in this as well. I would guess that Romney aside, most all the others have been spending their money in do or die fashion from primary to primary.

That leaves RP with the potential of getting premium ad spots and crowding out others. Plus, we BECOME the media while they fight for precious, free, air time.

We earn our air time based on the buy ins possibly. Icing on the cake. Coupled with the grassroots support, it could be a powerful combo.

CrownThyGood
01-29-2008, 01:38 AM
just caught a television ad here in washington st. :)

HarryBrowneLives
01-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Update to that post above:

It is comming accross the Biz wires tonight ...

They are running ads in Minnesota, Tennessee, Texas, and Arkansas that we know of to this point.

A lot of caucus states seem to be targeted pretty hard as well ... Maine, Minnesota, Colorado, etc. I know RP has campaingned in Maine, but i don't know about ad buys though.

It is standard practice ... campaign 101 ... that one buys ad time stacked up in reverse from election day. There is sill 9-10 days from Feb 5.

That's a lot of pennies!

WRellim
01-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Plus, we BECOME the media while they fight for precious, free, air time.

We earn our air time based on the buy ins possibly.

Its a nice theory... and one that would have a much better chance of being true IF the campaign hires an EXPERT PUBLIC/MEDIA RELATIONS person. (Which should have been done MONTHS AGO... It would be better to spend $1M on a solid PR firm than $5M on more ads.)

And now that the number of candidates is dropping significantly, the "fight" over that free airtime will be much lower -- indeed, the press will begin to allocate it more "fairly" (but only to those candidates who have PR people "schmoozing" them!!! The problem with the MSM is not "simply" a media blackout -- that is a "victim mentality" that we AND THE CAMPAIGN need to get rid of ASAP -- the problem is that unless we RESPECT the media, they will not respect our candidate... Tit For Tat!)

Because you CANNOT overpower "free" airtime with advertising. And these days with all of the talk-shows, newsie-type shows, etc... the "free" airtime is hardly scarce enough to be "precious" in terms of limitations -- it is "precious" indeed in that it is worth MILLIONS...

Consider the way that TV works. 10 minutes of Advertising pays for the full hour of programming.

So even if YOU buy 1/2 of the ads on a channel, and your opponent gets interviewed for 1/2 hour on the same channel... you just paid thousands of dollars for 5 minutes of ads, and your opponent got 25 minutes -- FIVE times the airtime -- for FREE.

A campaign must never, EVER underestimate the power of good "free" press attention -- and THAT MEANS PAYING ATTENTION *TO* the press themselves... making them feel WELCOME as part of your campaign (and NOT whining and complaining about them all the time!)

HarryBrowneLives
01-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Sure, but if you can earn the attention of the free air time at the right time even better.

Think about it, the other's bore everyone to tears back and forth with the he said she said crap, then RP captures the attention right before Super Tuesday, plus you saturate it with constant ads and grassroots boots on the ground.

Plus, I think the way they seem to be going about it makes sense.

We could never rise above in terms of media attention with all these guys who are well known spending a gazillion dollars fighting each other in places like South Carolina and Florida. Rp is goind after a lot of the delegate-rich caucus states that have had a lower overall turnout. Minnesota, Washington, Maine, Colorado.

We've already got second in Navada and maybe first in LA if they could take thier shoes off to count to 21.

Now, some of these guys are running on fumes.

dave68
01-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Just heard my 1st radio ad for Ron last night in Buffalo, NY. Also our campaign coordinator got a lot of signs, slim jims, etc. The Buffalo area is covered with Ron Paul signs, and has been for a while. Funny considering Rudy, and Hillary are from NY.
I work at a UAW shop, and a lot of guys like Ron. They do not like HILLARY AT ALL!! Not much more support for Barack either.

OReich
01-29-2008, 11:24 AM
the campaign needs more money for ADS on Super Tuesday -- ONE week from now -- then why are they buying ADS for a state that has a primary that is still 6 weeks away???

(Could it coincidentally have anything to do with the fact that it is a state he is also running for Congress in? Or one where his Congressional Campaign Committee Chairperson is the same as the person who runs his Texas State PRes. Campaign office? And who was recently given a new title of "National Media Director" for the Presidential Campaign? Something smells in Denmark, and it ain't the fish.)

This is about winning in later states when 1. There won't be a clear front-runner and 2. Huckabee/Giuliani might drop out. This leaves Romney, McCain, and Paul. Now look at that: two Northerners, one Southerner. We've known from the beginning Huckabee takes a lot of our potential support, and we even see a bunch of former Thompson supporters, which tells me something that absolutely baffled me: the war wasn't Thompson supporters' biggest issue, taxes and American values were, and they thought Thompson was better than Paul on these issues (no offense to former Thompson supporters, I just strongly disagree on this; and it doesn't help that Fred was so condescending when Paul was giving the only intelligent statements on the economy). If this domestic focus-first philosophy also holds true for Huckabee, we should see a ton of their supporters in our camp; lol if only Paul would remember to say he'd abolish the IRS.

So you've got Paul as the only Southern candidate out of three total, no front-runner, and the majority of states still to go after Super Tuesday. Oh yeah, and the recession. When I first heard this logic on the forums I slapped myself and wished Paul spent more money on these states. Just spend enough to be alive in the race in a week Paul, just one more week.

Disclaimer: I've been optimistic before.

RonRules
01-29-2008, 12:59 PM

or

I'm not too worried, but I'd like to see more than 5-6% in Florida.

McCain can easily be beat, just look on the "Dirt on McCain threads". He's also broke.

Romney will be tougher, but I doubt the majority of Republicans will vote for a Mormon vs a true Christian.

And of course Rudy is dead.