PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am a Recovering Republican

V4Vendetta
01-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I must Confess.......

I have been a Recovering Republican now for 3 Years and 3 months now.
I have learned to live with my problem. And try not to let it interfere with my daily life.
However, after spending most of my life around Republicans, Most of my friends are Republicans. I find myself, distressed when they talk about Huckabee, or Romney.

Although none of them support Rudy, which is a cause to be happy, I still have to force my mind to wonder onto another subject when conversing with my Friends, in fear of losing all of them.

They know I support Ron Paul. But the Peer-pressure can be overwhelming at times.

I have told them several times, Why I support Ron Paul, Of which They agree with mostly, Its just they are blood hungry for the most part, like Hannity.

"Hello, My name is V 4 Vendetta. And I am a recovering Republican."

Mystile
01-28-2008, 05:49 PM
tell them it's perfectly fine to be pro-war if they want to enlist and serve their country.

mokkan88
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Tell them if they feel good about the deaths of 150,000 Iraqi civilians.

You could get creative, and replace the term "civilians" with "men, women and children".

Ask them if they think that 3,000 innocent American deaths (9/11) necessitated the killing of 50 times that many innocent Iraqis.

And if one of them has the stones to say "yes", show them THIS (http://www.awitness.org/journal/real_iraq_war.html) (read below before clicking).

(Warning: link is very graphic. It shows pictures from war. Real war. Not "good vs. evil" war, but "holy shit there are real innocent casualties" war. I can tell you from experience that it will mess with your head and make you an ardent opponent of the war.)

mosquitobite
01-28-2008, 06:01 PM
I feel the best argument with my Republican friends is to make them close their eyes and imagine a Chinese base "right there"...

Now, how would we Americans react?

Usually you get the look that shows they get the picture you're painting. That's when I say "now don't tell me that they should just accept and be happy we're over there."

I feel like the whole Republican strategy is about looking down on other nations. They truly believe (thanks to brainwashing) that we are "responsible" for the whole damn world. :(

Crickett
01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Good point. But why? Why have we become a warrlike country? Who is Bush, Alexander the Great?? Why are we trying to conquer the world??

aperetti
01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
I was just trying to explain this to my mother. So disheartening sometimes.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Hello Recovering Republican!

dawnbt
01-28-2008, 10:33 PM
I feel ya. My husband is an apathetic sheep, who doesn't vote, thinks Iraq is a good idea, and spends more time watching CNN then current events. Let's just say, homelife hasn't been pretty.

Ara825
01-28-2008, 10:33 PM
You'll be okay V, look at me I used to be a Democrat, but I found a Dr who cured me.

Alabama Supporter
01-28-2008, 10:39 PM
dawn, I feel your pain.

My wife is hannitized, and so is my church congregation. I'm struggling right now.

xd9fan
01-29-2008, 01:01 AM
I have been recovering since Katrina (August 2005)
so lets see for me thats......2 years, 5 months

Dieseler
01-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Invite your friends out for a drive.
Carry them to the local Army recruiters office and tell them to put their money where their mouth is.
I hear they are an equal opportunity employer.
Thats the only thing I can think to say.
Good luck though, I'm facing the same crap from friends and family to.

athlon64bit
01-29-2008, 02:06 AM
Ron Paul has received more military donations than any other candidate.

http://www.ronpaularmy.com/2007/11/military-supports-ron-paul/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HFZIu5xrpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyxhD20IRjs

The above links may be worthwhile showing to them.

nebulous
01-29-2008, 03:00 AM
I must Confess.......

I have been a Recovering Republican now for 3 Years and 3 months now.
I have learned to live with my problem. And try not to let it interfere with my daily life.
However, after spending most of my life around Republicans, Most of my friends are Republicans. I find myself, distressed when they talk about Huckabee, or Romney.

Although none of them support Rudy, which is a cause to be happy, I still have to force my mind to wonder onto another subject when conversing with my Friends, in fear of losing all of them.

They know I support Ron Paul. But the Peer-pressure can be overwhelming at times.

I have told them several times, Why I support Ron Paul, Of which They agree with mostly, Its just they are blood hungry for the most part, like Hannity.

"Hello, My name is V 4 Vendetta. And I am a recovering Republican."
I didn't have any problem leaving the Republican Party some years ago I was currently "prefer not to say" until recently I rejoined the Republican Party so I can vote for Paul in the primary!

My parents and friends are Republicans and for the most part do like when I talk about RP. They are so brainwashed by the media that they believe RP will go Independent and take votes away like Ross Perot. Before they even suggest the afore mentioned I try to stay one step ahead explaining that Hilary, Obama, Romney, and McCain are all quite the same. Either we have a conversation about Paul or we discuss how all the others are the same! The best weapon is our Constitution and, other than Paul, the others have no credibility!