PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Just Lost This Voter in Kansas

Copperhed51
01-28-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm very sorry to say that I will not be voting for Ron Paul in the KS GOP Caucus. I have been supporting Dr. Paul for months now and have donated hundreds of dollars to his campaign. I've made youtube videos and hung signs on highway overpasses. At social events, I have been sure to bring up Ron Paul and his positions to people that otherwise might not have known or cared.

But, now I will not be voting for Dr. Paul in Kansas. I will not even be attending the GOP Caucus that is less than a mile from my house. I have instead decided to accept a job with an airline in St. Louis and my training starts February 4th. The Caucus is Feb 9th. There's no way I'll be able to vote and I'm really pissed. I have never voted for anything in my life and was really looking forward to the whole process. Anyway, I'm sorry I can't vote and hope everybody else picks up the slack for me. Make me proud Kansas!

Dave Pedersen
01-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Maybe someone you know could act on your behalf as a personal favor? Who knows they may decide to support the good Doctor.

JoshLowry
Pick up your own slack...

Pass out slimjims at the airport. ;)

PaultheSaint
I'm very sorry to say that I will not be voting for Ron Paul in the KS GOP Caucus. I have been supporting Dr. Paul for months now and have donated hundreds of dollars to his campaign. I've made youtube videos and hung signs on highway overpasses. At social events, I have been sure to bring up Ron Paul and his positions to people that otherwise might not have known or cared.

But, now I will not be voting for Dr. Paul in Kansas. I will not even be attending the GOP Caucus that is less than a mile from my house. I have instead decided to accept a job with an airline in St. Louis and my training starts February 4th. The Caucus is Feb 9th. There's no way I'll be able to vote and I'm really pissed. I have never voted for anything in my life and was really looking forward to the whole process. Anyway, I'm sorry I can't vote and hope everybody else picks up the slack for me. Make me proud Kansas!

Absentee ballot?

Shinerxx
01-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Does St. Louis not need precinct leaders? Turn your one vote in Kansas to 100's in Illinois.

JMann
The caucus system needs to be eliminated.

yongrel
absentee ballot and slim jims at the airport.

hueylong
01-28-2008, 05:25 PM
The Caucus states are the ones we do best in. Don't be foolish/

RonPaulFTFW
01-28-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't think Ron Paul lost you.

I think you just lost your chance to vote.

Poorly worded.

also you can change your start date.... it isn't a big deal.

DealzOnWheelz
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Wow Way to prioritize

The FATE OF THE FREE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT = A JOB WHERE YOU CONTINUE TO GET TAXED UNCONSTITUTIONALLY BY THE GOVT THAT IS DESTROYING THE FREE WORLD

Your telling me there is no way you can tell your employer "The only condition I have to working is that I can have the time off to Caucus for my country"

JMann
The Caucus states are the ones we do best in. Don't be foolish/

Just because 'we' do well in them doesn't make it right.

JoBurke
how can ron paul lose? he has already won - he is our hero.

newyearsrevolution08
find others to vote in your place. not sure as to why taking the time to post about NOT VOTING when you can use that effort to talk to your neighbors before you go. Maybe parents, any family or friends you can try and get to vote?

one last push for votes?

every single vote helps and man would it be hard to not be able to vote for ron paul BUT the best way to start smiling again is to find 10 to replace your vote.

InLoveWithRon

Stop whining and get an absentee ballot.. That's what they are there for

roversaurus
Just ask your new employer.

Really, most folks are reasonable.

How much extra time would you really need?
Kansas is not far from St Louis.

surf
01-28-2008, 05:28 PM
seriously, thanks for all you've done, but do all you can and call in all the favors you have to make sure that your vote is made - perhaps by someone that would otherwise not have attended the caucus.

good luck.

JMann
01-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Stop whining and get an absentee ballot.. That's what they are there for

Did you not see it is a caucus state? No such thing as an absentee ballot.

FSP-Rebel
01-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Whether this post was the work of a troll or not, it shouldn't be kept alive. Bump everything over this. Defeatists of any stripe should keep their thoughts to themselves and surely shouldn't be egged on by further discussion. Mods--bounce this plz

Copperhed51
01-28-2008, 05:33 PM
For all those saying I should get an absentee ballot, you can't do that with a caucus...only a primary. And there is absolutely no way I can get out of a day of training. I'll end up missing the day where they teach us how to react to an engine fire and complete electrical failure and I'll end up crashing in the simulator and failing out of training. It's not like learning how to use excel. If I screw up an excel spreadsheet, I don't kill 50 people. Jeeeez, some people here are awfully quick to jump on supporters for making decisions like this.

mad212
01-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Absentee ballot?

+1 get one send it in asap!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-28-2008, 05:38 PM
For all those saying I should get an absentee ballot, you can't do that with a caucus...only a primary. And there is absolutely no way I can get out of a day of training. I'll end up missing the day where they teach us how to react to an engine fire and complete electrical failure and I'll end up crashing in the simulator and failing out of training. It's not like learning how to use excel. If I screw up an excel spreadsheet, I don't kill 50 people. Jeeeez, some people here are awfully quick to jump on supporters for making decisions like this.

Take the job and make no apologies. Keep supporting Paul any way you can.

freelance
01-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Wow Way to prioritize

The FATE OF THE FREE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT = A JOB WHERE YOU CONTINUE TO GET TAXED UNCONSTITUTIONALLY BY THE GOVT THAT IS DESTROYING THE FREE WORLD

Your telling me there is no way you can tell your employer "The only condition I have to working is that I can have the time off to Caucus for my country"

Apparently, you have no idea how airlines operate. Talk about servitude. Ain't no such thing as a life when you fly.

ziggrl
01-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, pass out slim jims at the airport. That's what I did in Detroit and Tennessee.

Copperhed51
01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Ain't no such thing as a life when you fly.

Yeah, it's gonna suck for a while. Should get decent FO seniority after a year and have lots of time off. Then I'll upgrade to captain and have to sit on reserve for a couple months again. Oh well, well worth it for all the school and training i've gone through. For all those that are supportive, thanks. For all those acting like I'm a traitor for starting my career, settle down. I like the slim jim idea...i'll pass them out.

trispear
01-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I thought Ron Paul lost you because of something about him. Please don't use such a misleading phrase.

chinaCat
01-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I think you should definitely keep the job, but at least ask the employer. Many are reasonable. Worst case scenario, they say no.

Evazan
01-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I learned about Ron Paul after my states ridiculous date to change parties, October 12th. I was so down on the fact that I couldn't vote for Dr. Paul that I became even more motivated to be active in the campaign. Since that realization I have donated to the campaign, become a precinct leader, helped start a meetup, and gotten about 10 other people signed up as precinct leaders. I think that all my work has done more then my one vote could have done and hopefully you'll be motivated to make a difference too.

constitutional
01-28-2008, 05:54 PM
that was lame.

Made me read all that under the impression that you were voting for another candidate other than GOP and at the end you then clarified your obvious position.

mconder
01-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Don't they have some way for absentees to participate?

Mani
01-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Yeah, it's gonna suck for a while. Should get decent FO seniority after a year and have lots of time off. Then I'll upgrade to captain and have to sit on reserve for a couple months again. Oh well, well worth it for all the school and training i've gone through. For all those that are supportive, thanks. For all those acting like I'm a traitor for starting my career, settle down. I like the slim jim idea...i'll pass them out.

At the airport have RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT BUMPER STICKERS on your luggage and carry on bags.

#1) It got some attention as people stared at my bags.
#2) It's so easy to find your bag, there's no question if that bag which is the same color as 20 other bags, is yours or not.

DealzOnWheelz
01-28-2008, 06:03 PM
so are you moving to st louis? and if you are then you should get a drivers license there and register to vote there

JMann
01-28-2008, 06:09 PM

We all know that it is an unlikely event that there will be engine fire or complete electrical failure and if there is you will all be dead anyway. Has anyone every used their seat cushion as a floating device? Anyone? When all your body parts have been ripped away at impact with the water there is little chance you will pulling out the seat cushion.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-28-2008, 06:14 PM

Don't freak me out like that!

Well I'm glad your still a supporter of the cause. :)

Vote absentee, or as Josh said, pass out slim jims at the airport. You can also still canvass in your precinct!

JMO
01-28-2008, 06:17 PM
You made the right decision. It is unfortunate, but every one of these people who are complaining will not be there to support you and your family when its over.

Here is what I suggest, make it a goal to convert 1 person to Ron Paul in St Louis, that way you can justify your lack of being able to vote for Ron Paul. After you convert that 1 person everyone else is a bonus.

Crickett
01-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm glad, too..and if there is ANY way you can get ONE new person to vote for RP in your place, you will have nothing to even feel sorry for..best of luck!!

crazyfingers
01-28-2008, 06:21 PM
what's with the misleading title? come on, there's no way you didn't see the impression it would leave with people

anyway get a friend or relative who otherwise would not to caucus in your place. better yet get five people. RP needs every supporter he has (or at least a surrogate) to show up for him

Copperhed51
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
We all know that it is an unlikely event that there will be engine fire or complete electrical failure and if there is you will all be dead anyway. Has anyone every used their seat cushion as a floating device? Anyone? When all your body parts have been ripped away at impact with the water there is little chance you will pulling out the seat cushion.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2762/mvc017scr8.jpg

Doesn't happen often, but it's probably nice to have pilots that know what they're doing. There are procedures in place to deal with failures like this. Planes like this have to prove that they can climb out on one engine, just in case one engine ingests a bird or just fails on its own. As for electrical system failure, my plane will have ISIS (Integrated Standby Instrument System) that works for 40 minutes off battery power (45 if you turn off pitot 3 sensor heating system). The engines will keep working. That's all I know about that system so far though so I'll need lots more training on it. The idea is that you never have to ditch the airplane or land anywhere but a runway. That's why we train. Ditching/off-field landings are most definitely a last resort.

Anyway, I'm actually driving to St. Louis and have bumper stickers all over my car so I'll be visible crossing Missouri for 4 hours. Also, while I was interviewing, I saw a Ron Paul billboard right by the airport which really made me feel good about St. Louis. I'm sure there's a good meetup there I can join.

Chernitsky
01-28-2008, 06:28 PM
thanks for the misleading title

Copperhed51
01-28-2008, 06:28 PM
thanks for the misleading title

Well, it's technically true.

Xenophage
01-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Damn =(

At least you're out there as a Paul supporter, spreading the ideology. I think you contributed your share of votes by donating time and money, so don't feel bad.

kotetu
01-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Absentee ballot or request a late starting date. Tell them you want to vote.

Chernitsky
01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, it's technically true.

it gives the impression he has been turned away from Dr. Paul

pavilion33
01-28-2008, 10:06 PM

Good luck bud thanks for your support!

Brian Bailey
01-28-2008, 10:12 PM
That's the screwiest title for this post.

ivote4paul
01-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Any other voters in Shawnee county Kansas?

dreicher
01-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Did I miss something?! Your are going to work for an AIRLINE! Tell your new employer that you will need them to fly you home for a day and fly you back the next. Do you think they won't respond favorably to a new employee who is civicly minded and participates enthusiastically in the election process?

Seriously, they are an AIRLINE! It can't hurt to ask.

nodope0695
01-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Can't you vote absentee????

matthylland
01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Absentee ballot?

X1776

MikeStanart
01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm fairly certain there are laws requiring buisnesses to let you vote.

Mental Dribble
01-28-2008, 11:01 PM

your title totally sucks. You make it sound like PAul did something wrong. Attention Getter.

ATTENTION GETTER!

DrCap
01-28-2008, 11:06 PM
I thought Ron Paul lost you because of something about him. Please don't use such a misleading phrase.

Yes I thought this would go contrary to my belief: 'the more one is educated about RP the more one likes him' Anyone who really knows RPnd the current issues we face can't vote for someone else. Happy to see you are still part of the revolution, just changing locales.

mavtek
01-28-2008, 11:10 PM

No, it helps for lesser known candidates with passionate supporters.

CzargwaR
01-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Promise that as a pilot you will tell your passengers to vote Ron Paul in general election, ehhe...

FSP-Rebel
01-28-2008, 11:21 PM
your title totally sucks. You make it sound like PAul did something wrong. Attention Getter.

ATTENTION GETTER!
I was thinking the same thing... I wish the man well in all that he does, but plz don't waste space on page 1 any longer for this. W/o sounding like a copper/authoritarian, I respectfully ask everyone to let this pass on. There's other things to worry about besides an unfortunate loss of 1 vote. We lose votes everyday to people who like us but aren't registered.

Joe3113
01-28-2008, 11:24 PM

ummmm.....what's wrong with an absentee ballot? Can't you do those for caucuses?

free.alive
01-28-2008, 11:35 PM

The caucus system is what gives outsider campaigns like ours a fighting chance!

free.alive
01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
WA allows you to still run as a delegate if you can't but present as long as you're not the PCO.

Is this the same for Kansas?

madRazor
01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
This is the reason that I'm not actively seeking employment at this time. :rolleyes: I can't risk not voting on the 5th. He's catchin on! So I'm just volunteering at the local brewery until after Super Tues.

To OP, can you call in a personal favor and have someone (or somefourteen) who was not going to caucus go in your place? Good luck in the new gig.

alien
01-29-2008, 12:01 AM

Some people act like you have to sell your soul to be a supporter. Nobody knows your financial situation but you so do what you have to and screw all the people that piss on you for trying to survive. You wouldn't be much of a help to the campaign living under a bridge passing out flyers. Then they would think we are all crazy.

westmich4paul
01-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Does St. Louis not need precinct leaders? Turn your one vote in Kansas to 100's in Illinois.
St Louis is in Missouri, just an fyi

hopeforamerica
01-29-2008, 12:22 AM

Just a question. Isn't it a law that your employer has to allow you time to vote? I could be wrong, but look into it.

I've been a flight attendant and know that you cannot just simply change your date of hire, but maybe speak with the human resources department. maybe you can get residency where you are training and vote there? I don't know, but look into all your options! I would be heart broken in your shoes.