PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul says Donate ASAP

Mani
08-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I received the Ron Paul email today, I enjoyed reading it, but didn't pay too close attention to it.

My co-worker (also an RP Supporter) asked me, "So did you donate today?"

We both have donated money directly to the campaign every quarter, not including the local or other grassroots donations.

I was wondering why he was asking, I was planning on donating again maybe towards the end of the month, and my co-worker said, "Re-read the email, looks like he wants to start spending but really needs some money right now for Iowa, ASAP. I just sent him another donation, he needs it NOW!"

I re-read the email, and even though I'm a little short this month, I still made a contribution of whatever I could. It does seem that maybe last month wasn't as great as previous months. We can't forget to donate to the campaign. I've been donating here and there (the Iowa radio ads, local meetup projects, etc.) for whatever grassroots projects, but we can't forget the campaign!

Donate ASAP! Re-read his email, Ron Paul wants to spend some time and money in Iowa, let's give him the money to spend, so he doesn't have to go through too much of the money he accumulating this past quarter!

We need his bank account to go up even though he's going to start spending much more of it. Remember he really didn't do any spending besides some mailers in previous months, now he's going to start really using that money.

The only way to keep the bank balance rising while he starts advertising is if we are contributing! IT'S UP TO US TO KEEP HIM GOING!

We have to sacrifice or do whatever we can for the next 5 months. Over half of 2007 is OVER! Can you believe how fast it went!?!

Five months will be here in NO TIME AT ALL! We can't get complacent, even though we are much more active than any of the other candidates supporters, we need to keep giving until it hurts and then give some more!

There is no tomorrow, the GOP race will be over in a blink of an eye, we have to do everything in our power NOW!

Are we making a difference?? YES WE ARE, but lets turn it up a notch! We can do more!!

Donate to his campaign now!

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Lord Xar
08-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I agree.. last night someone talked about that.. and we ante'd up last night too.. hopefully others will see your post and donate now..

Gee
08-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Already gave the max :(

Stupid campaign finance "reform".

EvoPro
08-03-2007, 04:37 PM
[EDIT:]We can combine any contributions here with these:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=10243

Bergie Bergeron
08-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Don't forget to sign this pledge is you donated 20$ or more: http://www.pledgebank.com/RPbirthdaybash

stevedasbach
08-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Already gave the max :(

Stupid campaign finance "reform".

Same here. However, I expect my wife will also max out (later this quarter).

ronpaulhawaii
08-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Great post, just sent another fiddy

PaleoConservative
08-03-2007, 05:08 PM
"Same here. However, I expect my wife will also max out (later this quarter)."

Or how about donating for someone else? I have friends who would have no problem with me donating money to Ron Paul in their name.

RP08
08-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Another $50 from me, as well.

stevedasbach
08-03-2007, 05:12 PM
"Or how about donating for someone else? I have friends who would have no problem with me donating money to Ron Paul in their name.

This is ILLEGAL and people ARE prosecuted. I'm not sure, but I think it's a felony.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-03-2007, 05:31 PM
I don't want to even hear public (forum) talk like giving money to someone else to give to the campaign. As much as I want to support Ron Paul, that is the last thing we need. Unconstitutional law, very true, but the SCOTUS upheld that Mcflame law so what do you do?

Just marry 15 wives and each can then give the max. lol

0zzy
08-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't want to even hear public (forum) talk like giving money to someone else to give to the campaign. As much as I want to support Ron Paul, that is the last thing we need. Unconstitutional law, very true, but the SCOTUS upheld that Mcflame law so what do you do?

Just marry 15 wives and each can then give the max. lol

He supports Ron Paul not Mitt Romney... JK! Joke joke.

RP08
08-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Call to arms.

Nearly all of us, with few exceptions cannot afford to donate the full $2300, even if we really, really wanted to. Instead, let's keep our grass-roots momentum going foreward. If we've "maxed out", some other folks pounding the pavement running ads, putting up banners and billboards, tapping shoulders, building web exposure/sites and media content, could use a little bit of that lovin'.

There are plenty of non-tricky ways to make our generosity work toward getting Ron Paul elected in 2008.

I'm typing this message while juggling 4 DVD burners and about $200 worth of blank DVDs out of pocket, to get some extra introductory material out to the public.

Ron Paul has become my hobby. Hobbies can become very time consuming and expensive.

hard@work
08-03-2007, 05:59 PM
I saw this today. I've been using my donation money just as he said, I assumed he didn't need it if I used it locally. So, I'm waking up and pooling together a few hundred bucks to donate. I'll do that 1st then worry about what I have left to buy bumper stickers with!

If only 50,000 of us would all do it at the same time.

RP08
08-03-2007, 07:31 PM
1.5 hour bump...

slantedview
08-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Another donation just sent from me... I like to give in chunks :)

Shellshock1918
08-03-2007, 08:19 PM
If anyone wins the lottery they need to buy RP like twenty 30 second tv ads. I'm serious.

AdamT
08-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Just gave $250.

jj111
08-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Just gave.

Original_Intent
08-03-2007, 08:53 PM
"Same here. However, I expect my wife will also max out (later this quarter)."

Or how about donating for someone else? I have friends who would have no problem with me donating money to Ron Paul in their name.

not legal...so don't get caught.

Sematary
08-03-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry guys but I'm having financial difficulties right now and just trying to keep up on the mortgage. I'll be getting another job (to go along with my current job) next month though so I'll start donating more regularly then.

Mani
08-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm sorry guys but I'm having financial difficulties right now and just trying to keep up on the mortgage. I'll be getting another job (to go along with my current job) next month though so I'll start donating more regularly then.

Sematary,
That's where your labor is invaluable in helping to create signs or put them up or help organize various grassroots projects.

To anyone that's maxed out, MANY of the meetups have projects that are not related to the Ron Paul campaign, and you are able to donate to those projects.

I normally shell out $100 but I'm tight this month:

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T14307-85201840

My donations need to go up not down! I'm going to do whatever I can surpass my previous $200 ASAP. I'm getting paid on the 15th and I will be sending another donation at that time.

Even if you are not ready or you think it's not enough, give whatever you can, we need to keep a strong cash flow into the campaign!

We can do this!!!

Who's ready to donate today, AND pledge a donation from their next paycheck!

rodent
08-03-2007, 09:38 PM
+$25 to RP, because of this post.

RCA
08-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paulís candidacy.

:D

monotony
08-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Donated $50 more because of this thread.

Electrostatic
08-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Thank you for your generous donation of $50.00!

Contribution received!
Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number...

Big meetup in Seattle this Monday.. I'll make sure to bring it up there too.

tron paul
08-03-2007, 10:20 PM
This is ILLEGAL and people ARE prosecuted. I'm not sure, but I think it's a felony.

Any law contradicting the 1st Amendment is an illegal law.

We should test illegal laws in the courts and with Juries, not just obey them "because it's the Law." Otherwise these illegal laws stay on the books and set bad precedents.

Larofeticus
08-03-2007, 11:50 PM
I was gonna save it until the last week of Q3 but this thread convinced me.

$400 thrown away on a longshot ;)

BuddyRey
08-03-2007, 11:53 PM
If you donated 20 bucks or more, don't forget to sign this pledge page so your donation goes even further!

http://www.pledgebank.com/RPbirthdaybash

slantedview
08-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Excellent thread! Be sure to get your friends/family/everyone you know donating since we can't do it alone!

Will
08-04-2007, 04:25 AM
Gave $100 yesterday...

Lesgov
08-04-2007, 04:31 AM
300 goes out today. 800 more and I'll be maxed.

Mani
08-04-2007, 09:54 AM
FANTASTIC JOB EVERYONE! Let's get Ron Paul the money he needs this week for Iowa!!! Keep it going!

qednick
08-04-2007, 10:20 AM
$200 yesterday.

tnvoter
08-04-2007, 12:14 PM
I was going to wait until later towards the end of the quarter. But I realized if Ron Paul's asking, that means he needs it now. I gave what I could last night :)

angelatc
08-04-2007, 01:09 PM
I iwsh they would set up a monthly or weekly automatic donation.

Man from La Mancha
08-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your confirmation number:
T14574-85252717

Jennifer Reynolds
08-04-2007, 03:45 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-04-2007, 03:48 PM
///

stevedasbach
08-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Did you really? Have you seen the sticky about what the Max really is? 9200, I think. look for the bottom sticky and the idea for how to donate more.

He is also running for the house and that money can be moved over.

Only money contributed PRIOR to the Presidential campaign can be moved.

The Only Woj
08-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I donated $100. Matching my 2nd quarter donation total. I plan to at least triple my donations this quarter.