PDA

View Full Version : **Must Read** New Email From RON PAUL!!!!

dante
01-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Here it is:

January 28, 2008

When I started this campaign more than a year ago, I was a somewhat reluctant candidate. I knew our message of freedom, peace, and prosperity was the right one for our country, but frankly, I didn't know how many people today would have ears to hear it.

Well, did I learn a lesson! Millions of Americans understand what ails our country, and what is needed to fix it. So, with you at my side, I am in this effort to win. Not only by building the ideas of liberty, but by getting the nomination. Our opponents would call that nuts -- you know, the advocates of more inflation, more spending, more taxes, more war. But let me explain why they are, as usual, all wet.

For one thing, for the first time since 1952, we are headed towards a brokered convention. Instead of a coronation of one of the establishment candidates, the delegates, influenced by the people, will decide. And I am afraid that this will take place in a time of heightened economic crisis. That means even more Americans will be ready to hear our message. But it also means I am really going to need your help.

One would never know this from the mainstream media, but we've only had a few primaries and caucuses, and even after the extremely important date of February 5th, we will still have more than half to go. And the Republican nominee will not be decided by the popular vote among the "leading candidates" in a few states also handpicked by the media. The nominee will be decided by the delegates. So let me tell you a little about our "under-the-radar" strategy to get those delegates.

On "Super Tuesday," February 5th, there will be 22 primaries and caucuses. I have a hunch that we're going to do very well. But, of course, the media and the rest of the establishment refuse to recognize that. It's the attitude of the small child who covers his eyes to make something scary go away. But we are not going away.

While the media focus on the couple of states they claim are important, we're competing everywhere. And the reason that we're able to do that is because of your grassroots support. You all are an asset that no other campaign has: donors, and activists who want no special deals from the government, just the Constitution.

We're competing very strongly in all the caucus states, and in all other states where delegates are up for grabs. And we're going to keep picking up delegates. Our strategy's already working.

And we're committed to winning states. I have little doubt that if we can double our efforts in this coming week, we're going to grab many delegates from other candidates. Then we'll start getting ready for the biggest moment of all - the convention in September.

The path to the convention is twisty, however. When we were in Iowa, we got 10% of the vote. But no delegates were awarded that night. That's because voters didn't directly choose national convention delegates; they selected the county and state delegates who will make that decision. And if another candidate like Mike Huckabee is no longer in the race at the time of the state convention in June, his delegates are free to support whomever they want. If we work extra hard, we can convert them into delegates for our campaign!

A similar thing happened in Nevada. We won 14% of the straw poll vote that the media reported on, but what they didn't tell you was that we may have gotten up to a third of Nevada's delegates to their county conventions! I always laughed when I heard some people say Nevada didn't matter. Nevada chooses more delegates to the national convention than South Carolina.

So, while the media will focus on the results from Florida, and probably take down the campaign of my friend Rudy in the process, those results are less important to you and me. Let them fight in Florida while we bring our message to Americans in other areas, like the economically hard-hit state of Maine.

We want to win as many delegates to the Republican National Convention as possible, even if other campaigns don't see some areas of the country as "important. But in this work, I need your help. Help me get many, many delegates to this historic convention, by these three methods.

1. Donate. Your generous contributions are essential if we're going to keep going until September. We need, frankly $5 million by February 5 to run more TV and radio ads in the Super Tuesday states. Your help means everything: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

2. Canvass. You can help us identify those who support our message in your precinct. You can help us to convert others, too. After all, your neighbors pay attention to you. I am going to visit as much of the country as I can, but I need you as my partner in your area: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com.

3. ASK others to sign-up on our website. I meet so many people on the campaign trail who don't even receive my letters! I've told my campaign to make communication with you, the engine of all this, much better. But if people don't sign up for my e-mails, that won't happen. If you could just get one extra person to sign-up, that would be great. More would be tremendous.

Help me by forwarding this e-mail to every other Ron Paul supporter you know, and urging them to join our efforts! https://www.ronpaul2008.com/join.

We've come so far, but now the fun is really starting! I have a feeling the mainstream media will move from ignoring us to attacking us. But that will be a sign of our success. Join me as we continue this great movement into year two, and to a hot convention in Minneapolis-Saint Paul. We can do it!

Sincerely,

Ron

yongrel
01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.espnstar.com/photo/1135830895803tiger_woods_291205.jpg

dante
01-28-2008, 05:14 PM
^^^^^

LOL great photo!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-28-2008, 05:16 PM
I really don't understand what he's hoping to accomplish at the convention, if in fact it even turns out to be a brokered convention. Romney might run away with it at some point and reach the delegate threshold.

sharpsteve2003
01-28-2008, 05:18 PM
The most important part of the message:

We want to win as many delegates to the Republican National Convention
as possible, even if other campaigns don't see some areas of the
country as "important. But in this work, I need your help. Help me get many,
many delegates to this historic convention, by these three methods.

1. Donate. Your generous contributions are essential if we're going to
keep going until September. We need, frankly $5 million by February 5
to run more TV and radio ads in the Super Tuesday states. Your help
means everything: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

2. Canvass. You can help us identify those who support our message in
your precinct. You can help us to convert others, too. After all, your
neighbors pay attention to you. I am going to visit as much of the
country as I can, but I need you as my partner in your area:
https://voters.ronpaul2008.com.

3. ASK others to sign-up on our website. I meet so many people on the
campaign trail who don't even receive my letters! I've told my campaign
to make communication with you, the engine of all this, much better.
But if people don't sign up for my e-mails, that won't happen. If you
could just get one extra person to sign-up, that would be great. More
would be tremendous.

Help me by forwarding this e-mail to every other Ron Paul supporter you
know, and urging them to join our efforts!
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/join.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-28-2008, 05:19 PM
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1993/paulownsmccainvr6kv9.gif

rollingpig
01-28-2008, 05:19 PM
awesome!

while the media will focus on the results from Florida, and probably take down the campaign of my friend Rudy in the process LOL :D

AlbemarleNC0003
01-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I really don't understand what he's hoping to accomplish at the convention, if in fact it even turns out to be a brokered convention. Romney might run away with it at some point and reach the delegate threshold.

That's why we need to be splitting the delegate vote. At the convention, he gets to speak directly to the delegates. The uncommitted will have a choice, they can go for the other guy(s) or they can vote for Freedom.

AlbemarleNC0003
awesome!

LOL :D

my friend. :D

Sey.Naci
What annoys me is the constant focus on the "moneybomb" rather than regular, steady donations that the campaign can rely on.

There's such a thing as cause and effect. HQ has responded to grassroots concerns, is communicating better, putting out really decent ads now, and so on. How does the grassroots respond? By telling everyone to HOLD back their donations until such-and-such a date.

How can the campaign assess whether its attempts are beginning to meet expectations if it doesn't see a response? Worse, if it in fact sees its donations going DOWN, not up?!

This absurdity has got to stop. Campaigns cannot run on such uncertainty.

And one more thing... What is going to happen when RP comes out on the bottom in Florida? This is expected, since it made no sense to spend money there, a winner-take-all state. So when he ends up fifth, what then? Everybody going to get into a blue funk again? Hmmm? And then not donate as much as they would have?

NOW is the time to donate. STOP WAITING.

stefans
01-28-2008, 05:22 PM

if it continues to be a narrow race he might never reach the threshold and would have to convince delegates of other candidates to vote for him.
also keep in mind that ron paul has been prediciting an economic crisis for a long time - but much much worse that we're experiencing right now. so he might think there's a lot yet to come...

V4Vendetta
01-28-2008, 05:23 PM
I like it when Ron is open with his feelings

lynnf
01-28-2008, 05:26 PM

he's hoping to be in the hunt until the end - might, might, might - Romney might run away with it and the sky might fall tomorrow. the British might have defeated Gen Washington in the Revolutionary War, too, but they didn't and thank God that our ancestors didn't think "the British might win" and all go home, leaving the field to them.

lynn

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
if it continues to be a narrow race he might never reach the threshold and would have to convince delegates of other candidates to vote for him.
also keep in mind that ron paul has been predicting an economic crisis for a long time - but much much worse that we're experiencing right now. so he might think there's a lot yet to come...

Even if so, what does this accomplish for us??

If we have a real shot at the VP slot with Mitt, I'm all for it. But I'm just not clear on what we hope to accomplish at the convention.

Keep in mind, going with this brokered convention strategy would basically rule out an independent run, because the convention is in Sept, so there would be no time.

My guess is that we will know in the next month whether a brokered convention is even possible and then make some decisions at that point.

Catatonic
01-28-2008, 05:28 PM
What annoys me is the constant focus on the "moneybomb" rather than regular, steady donations that the campaign can rely on.

There's such a thing as cause and effect. HQ has responded to grassroots concerns, is communicating better, putting out really decent ads now, and so on. How does the grassroots respond? By telling everyone to HOLD back their donations until such-and-such a date.

How can the campaign assess whether its attempts are beginning to meet expectations if it doesn't see a response? Worse, if it in fact sees its donations going DOWN, not up?!

This absurdity has got to stop. Campaigns cannot run on such uncertainly.

And one more thing... What is going to happen when RP comes out on the bottom in Flordia? This is expected, since it made no sense to spend money there, a winner-take-all state. So when he ends up fifth, what then? Everybody going to get into a blue funk again? Hmmm? And then not donate as much as they would have?

Moneybombs were a way to try to get media attention before the primaries. They served their purpose, and we need to move on in my opinion. It makes things harder on the campaign at this point.

billyjoeallen
01-28-2008, 05:31 PM
HQ knows what they are doing.

Revolution9
01-28-2008, 05:32 PM

Oh..changed tact have you and decided to throw cold water on his nomination to The Republican Prty instead of blithering endlessly about a third party run which destroys all power we have given him and shuts him out of the political process after they shut the box on his POTUS independent run. We are playing chess..not tiddlywinks.

HTH
Randy

JimInNY
01-28-2008, 05:34 PM

I hear that and second it!

thegr8drronpaul
01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Everyone donate now! It doesn't have to be a giant amount, just do what you can instead of eating out at lunch one day this week. Everyone just do it!

kimo
01-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Dear Ron Paul,
I knew exactly that the mainstream media cannīt ignore You and grassroots anylonger and threir choosen different tactic just show that Your`s issues and ideas split all over the world. You are HERO and people all over the world admire and supports You, itīs a fact! Personally I will support You as long as it take and nessesary..and I`am not American....

JimInNY
01-28-2008, 05:36 PM
I read it here on RPF somewhere... something about Ron being a chess player and the others are playing checkers. Looks like he thought this out pretty thoroughly. I like the plan.

wxflyguy
01-28-2008, 05:39 PM
I, for one, thought his message was perfect for the moment....anyone else readying the bayonets (or planks) for another battle?? http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:8laMRvB1VovZ7M:http://bp2.blogger.com/_nIY-e4BmNl4/RvFfXtwZdpI/AAAAAAAAAhk/eo1EQcfcRRw/s320/braveheart.jpg

pacelli
01-28-2008, 05:40 PM

And one more thing... What is going to happen when RP comes out on the bottom in Florida? This is expected, since it made no sense to spend money there, a winner-take-all state. So when he ends up fifth, what then? Everybody going to get into a blue funk again? Hmmm? And then not donate as much as they would have?

Just donate now! We've already had 135 new donors today, out of a total of 196. Even if you can't afford $100, donate $25 ! Donate $10. If you can spare some change before Feb 1, just donate *something* tonight to let Ron know you heard the message and still support him. I'd donate if I could, but I've already hit the $2300 limit. If that limit was not there, I would donate more right now.

JimInNY
01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
sent another $50. Someone match it, please.

airtronx
01-28-2008, 05:51 PM

matched

dfalken
By September we will be in a global depression which will eventually turn out to be worse than the 1930s....lot's of things are going to happen this year, and I think waking up the stupid sheeple once they can't put food on their table might be one of them. Get ready to hand out slim jims at the soup lines.

Airborn

aight I'm convinced now that you are either a clinton or obama troll. You urge him to run 3rd party and them when he sends a email saying it's not over he's stayin in, you post this negivate crap..

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
The moneybombs aren't the problem. It's the necessity for new donors. A lot of us are maxed out or at the end of our financial limits.

The moneybombs are fun and develop a sense of community/common cause which is important to us primarily independent libertarians. We do need to feed off of each other at times.
If most of the donations are coming only from 30,000 hardcores, we're screwed no matter what.

Maltheus
01-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Wow, this was very disappointing to me. While we might have a slim chance of turning things around in a brokered convention, I think it's all but impossible. What's he hoping for anyway? VP? I just donated more money after the last debate because it seemed that Paul was on the third party track after all. This message from Ron really does rule that out I guess.

So after Feb. 5th, I guess I'm done because there'll be no room for the grassroots if we're going the brokered convention route. I was planning on redoubling my efforts and shifting up strategies once he made a 3rd party announcement. Now, I guess I'll finally get that break I was looking for (outside of the division meetings and county conventions).

Still, I feel like Ron Paul just announced his withdrawal from the race. At least a third party run would have taught the party that they ignore the actual conservatives at their peril. Not to mention that we seem to get more support from non-Republicans than we do from registered Republicans. It's gonna take me time to come to terms with this I guess. I never imagined that we would go out like this.

DirtMcGirt
01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Love the tone of this letter!!!

RP08

Jodi
01-28-2008, 06:01 PM

Yea we all know you want to see RP run 3rd party. Why do you want to do this if we don't have to??????????????????????? I think RP knows a little more about this process than you.

Finn
01-28-2008, 06:02 PM

Moneybombs ARE important, someone explained it quite well here the other night.. It all comes down to herd mentality which means that most people wont jump in unless they are sure others will too. People need to feel being part of something big and explosive, to see the results with others. We need these bombs, they're so, SO important for their psychological reason! Face it, without them we would be doomed. The money would never pour in fast enough.

And yeah, the "my friend Rudy" made me LOL so bad. :D

Jodi
01-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh..changed tact have you and decided to throw cold water on his nomination to The Republican Prty instead of blithering endlessly about a third party run which destroys all power we have given him and shuts him out of the political process after they shut the box on his POTUS independent run. We are playing chess..not tiddlywinks.

HTH
Randy

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-28-2008, 06:05 PM

I agree with this assessment. There are times when strategies need to change, and this is definitely one of them.

The campaign has a goal for us to reach. We don't need money bomb days to do it.

Just Donate, and donate now. DO NOT HOLD BACK. Just donate.

pacelli
01-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Moneybombs ARE important, someone explained it quite well here the other night.. It all comes down to herd mentality which means that most people wont jump in unless they are sure others will too. People need to feel being part of something big and explosive, to see the results with others. We need these bombs, they're so, SO important for their psychological reason! Face it, without them we would be doomed. The money would never pour in fast enough.

And yeah, the "my friend Rudy" made me LOL so bad. :D

If herd mentality is conveyed via a post on the forums, then a donation matching thread on ANY day would provoke the same response.

Maltheus
01-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Yea we all know you want to see RP run 3rd party. Why do you want to do this if we don't have to?

Do you honestly think they're gonna give the nom to Paul just because they can't decide between Romney and McCain? I'm really not sure what Paul's hoping for here in a brokered convention. There are no crumbs off their table worth having here. Uncommitted delegates, who were prepared to vote for an establishment candidate will likely do so again.

HazardPerry
01-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Wow, this was very disappointing to me. While we might have a slim chance of turning things around in a brokered convention, I think it's all but impossible. What's he hoping for anyway? VP? I just donated more money after the last debate because it seemed that Paul was on the third party track after all. This message from Ron really does rule that out I guess.

So after Feb. 5th, I guess I'm done because there'll be no room for the grassroots if we're going the brokered convention route. I was planning on redoubling my efforts and shifting up strategies once he made a 3rd party announcement. Now, I guess I'll finally get that break I was looking for (outside of the division meetings and county conventions).

Still, I feel like Ron Paul just announced his withdrawal from the race. At least a third party run would have taught the party that they ignore the actual conservatives at their peril. Not to mention that we seem to get more support from non-Republicans than we do from registered Republicans. It's gonna take me time to come to terms with this I guess. I never imagined that we would go out like this.

I am consistently amazed by posts around here that seem to reflect the opinion that running 3rd party would somehow be more constructive than staying in until the convention. Are you so convinced of defeat? One frontrunner is down, another is about to be KO'ed tomorrow. If Huckabee goes our Iowa people might be able to persuade his delegates.

We cashed in on Nevada, we did well in Louisiana. Both of the other candidates' are running on a platform that is nothing less than a ticking time bomb. If the economy decides to tank sooner rather than later we will be in a very good position. The economy is already becoming the central issue and our man can own that.

Our media buys are just beginning and we can fund down the stretch. What on God's green Earth is so discouraging about this e-mail? You don't actually buy into the media frenzy over Florida do you? What if we carried the majority of delegates in California? Would that restore your confidence? Texas? Maine? Alaska? Montana? Georgia?

The pessimism is astounding...

Finn
01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Just Donate, and donate now. DO NOT HOLD BACK. Just donate.
Its true people should do this but we need to be realistic. People just wont donate as eagerly unless we have one date in mind. It just doesnt happen.

But sure, donate now all you want. I just haven't seen this mantra been effective even once.

PledgeForPaul
01-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Bloggers get it, the campaign gets it, it isn't hard... There are going to be a LOT of open candidates at the convention. From RedTelegram.com, here is a way Paul would be viable at the convention:

http://www.redtelegram.com/how%20paul%20could%20win.JPG

pacelli
01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Bloggers get it, the campaign gets it, it isn't hard... There are going to be a LOT of open candidates at the convention. From RedTelegram.com, here is a way Paul would be viable at the convention:

http://www.redtelegram.com/how%20paul%20could%20win.JPG

Ahh EVIDENCE. Hard evidence. Thank you!

HazardPerry
01-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Do you honestly think they're gonna give the nom to Paul just because they can't decide between Romney and McCain? I'm really not sure what Paul's hoping for here in a brokered convention. There are no crumbs off their table worth having here. Uncommitted delegates, who were prepared to vote for an establishment candidate will likely do so again.

You have to stop seeing this in terms of Establishment vs. Anti-Establishment. By the convention, if we are still in this, things may be very different. Sometimes we forget but we really are the voice of reason here. Delegates are people too, and we'll have our fair share at that convention. We can turn the tide of opinion if we continue to disseminate our message. The environment is ripe for this message; this is our chance, we have to give it everything and see how it comes out. If it comes down to party trickery then that is one thing, but delegates aren't drones. There are hearts and minds that need to be won. And the party itself knows we are here. They know we are the future. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place and who knows how much sway we might have. We are clearly what the GOP needs and it has to be killing them to slam the door on us. It will kill them if they continue to do it.

Come on you guys what the hell has got you all so down? Ron sent us this letter to rally us, to give us hope, direction, and a clear path forward. Why is everybody turning their nose up? HQ is finally hitting their stride here.

CopperheadNC
01-28-2008, 06:16 PM

I see your $50 and raise you another $50.

Let's play Ron Paul poker!

Maltheus
01-28-2008, 06:18 PM
I am consistently amazed by posts around here that seem to reflect the opinion that running 3rd party would somehow be more constructive than staying in until the convention. Are you so convinced of defeat? One frontrunner is down, another is about to be KO'ed tomorrow. If Huckabee goes our Iowa people might be able to persuade his delegates.

We cashed in on Nevada, we did well in Louisiana. Both of the other candidates' are running on a platform that is nothing less than a ticking time bomb. If the economy decides to tank sooner rather than later we will be in a very good position. The economy is already becoming the central issue and our man can own that.

Our media buys are just beginning and we can fund down the stretch. What on God's green Earth is so discouraging about this e-mail? You don't actually buy into the media frenzy over Florida do you? What if we carried the majority of delegates in California? Would that restore your confidence? Texas? Maine? Alaska? Montana? Georgia?

The pessimism is astounding...

I don't think he'd have a good chance in a third party, but I do think it's his only chance at this point. Louisiana aside, he doesn't have a single win yet. We only barely got second in Nevada (which was suppose to be our best state). Romney is not going anywhere and he has more than 11 times the delegates that Paul has. The party faithful don't particularly like him. Only a small percentage of our meetup group consists of people who were Republicans before Paul. Why would they give him the nom in a brokered convention? There's simply no justification for it by the time September roles around (too late to worry about him bolting for third party). We're essentially depending on the good graces of the GOP to win this for us and that's absurd. At least, with a third party, we'd have a shot since we'd finally be able to benefit from all those non-Republicans that we're seeing in droves. Assuming he doesn't win a single state on Feb. 5th, what makes you think this is the best strategy? It's not pessimism (or I wouldn't have lasted this long), it's realism. But hell, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Its true people should do this but we need to be realistic. People just wont donate as eagerly unless we have one date in mind. It just doesnt happen.

But sure, donate now all you want. I just haven't seen this mantra been effective even once.

So your saying we are all a bunch of sheep? We must donate with the herd?

The Ron Paul campaign has set up a goal. $5MILLION by super Tuesday. That's all we need to get the troops motivated.

The sooner the campaign gets the money the better.

Sey.Naci
01-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't think he'd have a good chance in a third party, but I do think it's his only chance at this point. Louisiana aside, he doesn't have a single win yet. We only barely got second in Nevada (which was suppose to be our best state). Romney is not going anywhere and he has more than 11 times the delegates that Paul has. The party faithful don't particularly like him. Only a small percentage of our meetup group consists of people who were Republicans before Paul. Why would they give him the nom in a brokered convention? There's simply no justification for it by the time September roles around (too late to worry about him bolting for third party). We're essentially depending on the good graces of the GOP to win this for us and that's absurd. At least, with a third party, we'd have a shot since we'd finally be able to benefit from all those non-Republicans that we're seeing in droves. Assuming he doesn't win a single state on Feb. 5th, what makes you think this is the best strategy? It's not pessimism (or I wouldn't have lasted this long), it's realism. But hell, I'd love to be proven wrong.Would you please take your third party discussion to another thread? This thread is about the good doctor's email. You're derailing (deliberately?) this topic.

HazardPerry
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't think he'd have a good chance in a third party, but I do think it's his only chance at this point. Louisiana aside, he doesn't have a single win yet. We only barely got second in Nevada (which was suppose to be our best state). Romney is not going anywhere and he has more than 11 times the delegates that Paul has. The party faithful don't particularly like him. Only a small percentage of our meetup group consists of people who were Republicans before Paul. Why would they give him the nom in a brokered convention? There's simply no justification for it by the time September roles around (too late to worry about him bolting for third party). We're essentially depending on the good graces of the GOP to win this for us and that's absurd. At least, with a third party, we'd have a shot since we'd finally be able to benefit from all those non-Republicans that we're seeing in droves. Assuming he doesn't win a single state on Feb. 5th, what makes you think this is the best strategy? It's not pessimism (or I wouldn't have lasted this long), it's realism. But hell, I'd love to be proven wrong.

The party does not decide arbitrarily in a brokered convention. They don't "give" the nomination to anybody. September is a long, long way away. We will likely be in the midst of an economic crisis. Imagine how much we have done in a year. If we keep working, think how many more people our message will have reached by then. Romney may have won the vote in Nevada but, like Dr. Paul said, we came away with many delegates. The same is true in Louisiana. There have only been a handful of state contests so far, Mittens having 11 times more delegates is meaningless at this point. If we go third party it will effectively mean that we have lost. The MSM, the Establishment, the Party, whatever you want to call it, shut the door on us and made it clear that dissenting opinions are not welcome. Many of us are Republicans. Some have been Republican for a long time. Some of us are just waking up to the fact that we are Republican. The point is, labels don't matter. But a national party does. If the evangelicals and the war hawks can hijack a party, why in the name of liberty can't we? It's not even hijacking - we're kicking OUT the hijackers.

Our best shot is to continue until the convention. We will pick up some states on Super Tuesday, and there are many many more even afterwards. Delegates count. Our delegates will be the most committed, persuasive, and valuable in the convention. And we are the only campaign nimble enough (as a result of our decentralization) to capitalize on the different rules state-by-state.

Maltheus
01-28-2008, 06:26 PM
You have to stop seeing this in terms of Establishment vs. Anti-Establishment. By the convention, if we are still in this, things may be very different. Sometimes we forget but we really are the voice of reason here. Delegates are people too, and we'll have our fair share at that convention. We can turn the tide of opinion if we continue to disseminate our message. The environment is ripe for this message; this is our chance, we have to give it everything and see how it comes out. If it comes down to party trickery then that is one thing, but delegates aren't drones. There are hearts and minds that need to be won. And the party itself knows we are here. They know we are the future. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place and who knows how much sway we might have. We are clearly what the GOP needs and it has to be killing them to slam the door on us. It will kill them if they continue to do it.

We are clearly what the GOP needs, I'm just not sure they'll see it in time. I'm no expert on brokered conventions, but if we don't get enough delegate to be there in the first place, no horse trading will work in our favor. As we move up each level in the convention process, we'll be up against more of the long-time party faithful. It'll make it that much harder for us. We may be able to turn around some delegates, but enough to overtake Romney?? If there is brokering to go on, it'll be between Romney and McCain. Do you actually envision that the majority will switch to Paul by then?

Rebel Resource
01-28-2008, 06:26 PM
The Ron Paul campaign has set up a goal. $5MILLION by super Tuesday. That's all we need to get the troops motivated.
The sooner the campaign gets the money the better.

Relax man, you've got to take into account that money bombs are essential for people that dont follow the forums etc like we do, and for people that donate more than they would otherwise, because its a special day.

You're not wrong, just understand the way it is.

Finn
01-28-2008, 06:28 PM
I am being realistic that is all, don't put words in my mouth. People often have a herd mentality, and especially if it comes down to their hard earned money. Many are almost broke here after donating time and a time again to this campaign, therefore they need to know for sure that others are in it aswell.

To be honest, without any kind of herd mentality this grassroots movement wouldn't have been near as big. It's just human nature. You can bet your ass the 4 million day and then the 6 million day after that brought in more and more of us, people seeing there are others who are ready to fight. We need each other, give hope to each other and there's nothing wrong with that.

But as I said, go on and donate right now if you want. I just hope as many as possible will hear about the feb 1. money bomb. We really need it.

Sey.Naci
01-28-2008, 06:32 PM
People who are arguing the "herd mentality" to support their moneybombs may have their logic backwards - rather akin to the problem with "we have to go over there because otherwise they'll come over here."

Has it occurred to no one that you may be creating herd behavior by insisting that donations be made only on moneybomb days?

Oh, and here's some incentive to DONATE NOW.

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.png

HazardPerry
01-28-2008, 06:33 PM
We are clearly what the GOP needs, I'm just not sure they'll see it in time. I'm no expert on brokered conventions, but if we don't get enough delegate to be there in the first place, no horse trading will work in our favor. As we move up each level in the convention process, we'll be up against more of the long-time party faithful. It'll make it that much harder for us. We may be able to turn around some delegates, but enough to overtake Romney?? If there is brokering to go on, it'll be between Romney and McCain. Do you actually envision that the majority will switch to Paul by then?

I agree that it isn't something that is "in the bag," but we may have more delegates that you're imagining, and like I said, come September, the state of the world may be very different. It is certainly headed in the direction Paul has been warning against, every day makes his message more pertinent.

I don't think you're a troll, it's actually refreshing to just debate intelligently. This was always going to be an uphill battle, and I firmly believe that enough Republicans can be brought to understand just what Dr. Paul is offering that we can win the day. The long-time party faithful know this. Deep in their heart of hearts they know we're right. The hardest-core Republicans are the ones we really speak to.

If we go third party, we drop off the face of the Earth. The MSM and everybody else have been daring us to do it from day one. We will be squandering resources. I have great respect for third parties and the need for independent candidates and the Libertarian and Constitution parties are great but really it is a wasteland of dissenting opinion that nobody pays attention to. The American voter is far too cynical to ever consider it, even IF it came down to Hilary vs. McCain.

The fact is the majority would not even form an opinion on considering it, because the media would completely remove the option by blacking out Paul even more (if that is possible). We are in the right, and the longer we stay on message, the more powerful it becomes. This country is headed for a bad way and they can't slash rates forever. Ron will have to be heard.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Has it occurred to no one that you may be creating herd behavior by insisting that donations be made only on moneybomb days?

Exactly.

Money bombs had a purpose early in the campaign, but they are not needed anymore. Strategies must change and holding back donations for a certain day is a strategy that needs to change. The campaign needs the money now, and a sure $5million by super Tuesday.

stevedasbach

Paul can still decide to go the third party route after the primaries are over. Right now, he's running in the Republican primary and you can't do that and also flirt with a 3rd party run. Let's see how he does on Super Tuesday.

Maltheus
Mittens having 11 times more delegates is meaningless at this point. If we go third party it will effectively mean that we have lost. The MSM, the Establishment, the Party, whatever you want to call it, shut the door on us and made it clear that dissenting opinions are not welcome.

At this point, I agree, the delegates don't matter too much. If we're looking at the same ratio after Super Tuesday, then they do. I think the MSM has already shut the door on us. It can't get much worse. In fact, I think they'd report on us more since they'll have to explain why the Republican candidate is polling 10% under what most people might expect. They'd call us Perot, but that would be fine by me in this environment. I guess that ship has sailed though. I was planning on running as a delegate even when I was convinced he'd run 3rd party so I'll still do that and hope for the best. But the GOP is very herd like, even to the point of running off a cliff. It'll be extremely tough to pull this off.

Molly1
01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
God Bless you, Dr. Paul!

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

HazardPerry
01-28-2008, 06:47 PM
It'll be extremely tough to pull this off.

That's for sure.

FreeTraveler
01-28-2008, 06:50 PM
That's why we need to be splitting the delegate vote. At the convention, he gets to speak directly to the delegates. The uncommitted will have a choice, they can go for the other guy(s) or they can vote for Freedom.

I hope he's ALREADY working on the speech to the delegates at the convention!!!! :)

RonRules
01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
He sure does a hell of a better job at motivating than Kent Snyder, the campaign chairman!

Zeeder
01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
This was easily his best email. I'm once again inspired.

I think each ron paul supporter should read it over and over until it finally sinks in that the states the main stream media pay attention too are no more important than the other states. Nevada was more important than South Carolina. It has more delegates.
His strategy is the only strategy that can work, with the deck stacked against us.

RonRules
01-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Moneybombs were a way to try to get media attention before the primaries. They served their purpose, and we need to move on in my opinion. It makes things harder on the campaign at this point.

It's not just media attention. Moneybombs encourage people to donate more. It's just a fun game and people encourage each other. Provided the bombs are spread out adequately and are set on a meaningful date, I sincerely believe that you can raise MORE money that way rather than a slow steady trickle every day. Nothing is preventing anybody from donating in-between days and many people do. Well publicized money bombs are a good thing. Eventually the novelty will wear off, but for now, they are still working.

Whatever you do, please donate well in time to purchase advertisement before Super Tuesday. That means like now! Feb 1 at the absolute latest.

Let's make OVER 1 MILLION between 00:00 and 01:00 EST on Feb 1. That's the least we can do.

GoDrNo
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
bump

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 07:35 PM
The party does not decide arbitrarily in a brokered convention. They don't "give" the nomination to anybody. September is a long, long way away. We will likely be in the midst of an economic crisis. Imagine how much we have done in a year. If we keep working, think how many more people our message will have reached by then. Romney may have won the vote in Nevada but, like Dr. Paul said, we came away with many delegates. The same is true in Louisiana. There have only been a handful of state contests so far, Mittens having 11 times more delegates is meaningless at this point. If we go third party it will effectively mean that we have lost. The MSM, the Establishment, the Party, whatever you want to call it, shut the door on us and made it clear that dissenting opinions are not welcome. Many of us are Republicans. Some have been Republican for a long time. Some of us are just waking up to the fact that we are Republican. The point is, labels don't matter. But a national party does. If the evangelicals and the war hawks can hijack a party, why in the name of liberty can't we? It's not even hijacking - we're kicking OUT the hijackers.

Our best shot is to continue until the convention. We will pick up some states on Super Tuesday, and there are many many more even afterwards. Delegates count. Our delegates will be the most committed, persuasive, and valuable in the convention. And we are the only campaign nimble enough (as a result of our decentralization) to capitalize on the different rules state-by-state.

All that and TIME IS ON OUR SIDE! :cool:

dante
01-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Keep up the donations everyone!

Gadsdenfly
01-29-2008, 12:07 AM
I agree with those saying stop with the money bomb. It was a great idea that garnered a ton of publicity but it has run it's course. Just dontate now. Donate often until the end!

heme2kids
01-29-2008, 05:50 AM
Wow, this was very disappointing to me. While we might have a slim chance of turning things around in a brokered convention, I think it's all but impossible.

I really dont see it this bleak. Lets imagine a brokered scene, then the delegates are not bound to the original person.
They to have ears and eyes and will also have seen 8 months of the deeper steady decline into the abyss called resession.

"all but closed the door" is NOT TOTALLY closing the door.

Think about it, if a undecided repblican voter thogut he would leave the party to go independant, they would think well i will still have a chance to vote for him in nov, so might as well now vote for "whoever"
I think it is wise to first see the end out, then make decisions based on fact and hindsight rather than limiting RP from the outset agains Rep voters that would nto even think of him as a Liberal or Independant.

Rahl
01-29-2008, 06:04 AM
Bump

qwerty
01-29-2008, 06:05 AM
This is MUST read too!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104208

:)