PDA

View Full Version : I would love to see Ron Paul debate Christopher Hitchens on the war...

bp2519
01-28-2008, 04:07 PM
As a side note, I think this would be an amazing debate. Hitchens is notoriously pro-war and a master debator. He is probably the only pro-war person out there who can keep toe to toe with Ron Paul's arguments, although I do believe he would lose. He also used to be a communist but I believe now is more right-leaning. I think he takes the pro-war position more to validate his thesis that religion is the primary motivator for war.

afg.yazoo
01-28-2008, 04:14 PM
hitchens got the smackdown from George Galloway last time around in a debate about the war http://youtube.com/watch?v=INy2ysHhgYM

would be fun to watch it though :)

IHaveaDream
01-28-2008, 04:33 PM
What our nation really needs is a raw debate between the most prominent, influential, "pro-war" voice in the political world against the most prominent, influential, "anti-war" voice in the political world. That would be Rush Limbaugh versus George Galloway. I wish every Ron Paul supporter would email George Galloway and ask him to publicly challenge Rush Limbaugh to debate the foreign policy of interventionism. I can assure you that Limbaugh would never have the guts to accept. If Limbaugh did accept, Galloway would surely humiliate him. If Limbaugh rejected the offer, his own cowardice would hinder his efforts to advance the neocon position here in America.

If anyone is interested in proposing this suggestion, you can email George Galloway at:

georgegallowaydotcom@gmail.com

afg.yazoo
01-28-2008, 04:49 PM
you know in the debate versus galloway, hitchens was ranting about how the war was for the kurds. I'd like to see him talk now that the kurds are the enemies now heheh