PDA

View Full Version : Phone Banking Experience

gpickett00
01-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I have been itching to do more for Ron Paul. I don't have a car, so driving to meetup events in the area is hard. Today me and one friend made about 150 calls to mainly old people living in Naples, Florida. It was a tough crowd but it is so rewarding to convert someone or to get someone to research Ron Paul more. For any college students like me, just get a friend and make some calls.

First: to get registered republican's phone numbers go to www.johnmccain.com

You have to register on Mccain's site to get the phone numbers, then you're home free.

It makes it a lot easier if you have somebody with you. We started out critiquing each other's calls and giving tips on how to do a better job. We eventually made a general script.

Ex: Hello my name is George and I am calling on behalf of Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul. Are you planning on voting in tomorrow's election? (if no, say k thanks bye). Do you have a specific candidate in mind or are you still undecided? What issues are most important to you this election?

It is really easy, just be familiar with all of Ron Paul's main talking points. Most importantly, Don't be discouraged to people being assholes, just go on to the next caller Don't be offended by anything that anyone says just be polite and move fast.

If you feel like you haven't done enough to help out Ron, take an hour of your day, it is so easy and rewarding!

Bradley in DC
01-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Excellent, well done. (Not sure I publicly condone the possibly fraudulent use of McCain's list though.)

uncle saddam
01-28-2008, 04:11 PM
^ Oh, those grassroots supporters...:D

tonyr1988
01-28-2008, 04:12 PM
You can also sign up at ronpaul2008.com to become a precinct leader, and get your own phone banking lists.

hvac ak47
01-28-2008, 04:14 PM
How do we prevent calling the same people over and over?

FreeTraveler
01-28-2008, 04:21 PM

Ogren
01-28-2008, 04:22 PM
You can also get another list at mike huckabee's website

register here: http://my.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Register.Home

I never really used it, but i find it much more satisfying to use the enemies resources against them than to use our own

Ronin

That's what precinct leaders are for. I keep a working spreadsheet. When you sign up you can download the lists in spreadsheet format. Just distribute the numbers and mark them off when completed.

hvac ak47

I understand that, but what about the OPs list from McCain?

Ronin
01-28-2008, 04:23 PM

I never really used it, but i find it much more satisfying to use the enemies resources against them than to use our own

It's probably the same information. They get the lists from the same place.

DealzOnWheelz
01-28-2008, 04:28 PM
guys be careful using other candidates lists when u sign up to be a precinct leader you have to click I agree to terms of use and you can be charged with using the info for other purposes other than for ron paul

WilliamC
01-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Excellent, well done. (Not sure I publicly condone the possibly fraudulent use of McCain's list though.)

That's ok Bradley, I'll condone it for you ;)

Edu
01-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Bump - for putting up with a-holes on the phone

davidhperry
01-28-2008, 05:50 PM

Actually, it helps the campaign if we use our own tools instead of the stuff on other sites. The reason is because the campaign can run a report to see where we have support and where we need to work on. They can't do that if we use phone bank list from other places.

hvac ak47
01-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Actually, it helps the campaign if we use our own tools instead of the stuff on other sites. The reason is because the campaign can run a report to see where we have support and where we need to work on. They can't do that if we use phone bank list from other places.

+1

we also can keep track of who has been called allready

gpickett00
01-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I got a lot of satisfaction from using Mccains list. I am a precinct leader but with my new semester haven't had much time to do much for it. I have mainly been involved on campus with getting the word out. We are having a group of us go to someones apartment and have a phone banking "party" Saturday and I was wondering if I could get the phone lists for other states. What state specifically should we target? Should I just "become" a precinct leader for a different state to get the phone lists? Are there precincts around the country with need of desperate help of some phone operators? Thanks in advance!