PDA

View Full Version : I submitted my own question for the debate, currently #100 most popular. Vote! Thanks

thegr8drronpaul
01-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi there,

My question is kinda girly (but I'm a girl, so what do you expect). Anyways, the question is pretty open-ended, but I wanted to see who could really defend their public/political track record and who would really prove himself trustworthy (we all know there's only one who can do that). Also I thought it would be nice to see the others squirm trying to blatantly lie.

I was surprised to see it at number 100 on the most popular list, so I thought it would be worth a shot to post it here if you like it. Thanks for your consideration!

Here's the question, aimed at all candidates. Hopefully the link below takes you there, but otherwise it's currently #100 on most popular:

"There are a lot of Americans who feel that honest politicians are very hard to come by. Many Americans feel like they have been lied to, and they are convinced that too much corruption exists within government these days. In regards to your public and political record, please tell me if and why I should trust you?"

http://dyn.politico.com/debate/republicans/VoteForQuestion.cfm#

thegr8drronpaul
01-28-2008, 03:42 PM
self pity bump ;)

then I'll let it die. It's at 99 now.

Fields of Hope
01-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Great question! Voted.

Mystile
01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
do the most popular ones get asked in the debate?

Airborn
01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
voted, I don't find it girly. It's a good question I would like to see asked. Paul would be the only one to nail that question.

Hopeatron
01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
sorry, can't find you. whats the topic?

1town
01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Very good question. I voted for it -.-

1town
01-28-2008, 03:50 PM
sorry, can't find you

Most popular -> Page 4

frasu
01-28-2008, 03:50 PM
where is it now? ... in any case vote all the good questions

Mystile
01-28-2008, 03:51 PM
voted, I don't find it girly. It's a good question I would like to see asked. Paul would be the only one to nail that question.

Id love to see Giuliani or Romney squirm when asked that question! :p McCain and Huck will somehow choke out some crap about "honor" or "God", but the Ghoul and Willard got nothing.

thegr8drronpaul
01-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback. RP appealed to me because of his honest, humble, trustworthy feel. THEN I looked into the issues and saw that he appealed to me there too. I just thought this would give him the opportunity to shine. He could go on and on and on and on and on ....

Energy
01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
It's a good question if it's a real debate with back-and-forth rebuttals, proving themselves worthy.

But if it's just a question to each candidate going down the line, each answering with a 90-second monologue, then this a candidate's dream question (just focus on the positives). The average American will fall for the fakes who spit out rehearsed rhetoric with magical words like "honor."

ionlyknowy
01-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Just saw this question at number 3

3. Question on: Environment
As an environmentalist and recreational drug user, I could care less about healthcare, the economy, financial markets, stimulus packages, fed rate cuts, and the poor. However, I have dedicated most of my life in trying to answer one simple question. So, to all of you, yes or no, Do fish dream?

Bern
01-28-2008, 04:27 PM
lol... which one of you submitted this gem?
78. Question on: Taxes
As you may know, the US Dollar is a fiat currency, meaning that it is backed by nothing at all and the US government has the ability to print as many of them as it desires at any time. Would you please explain why it is even necessary for the IRS to exist, causing all of the hassle, pain and expense of collecting tax money from the American citizens, if the US government can just print money at will?

A Ron Paul Rebel
01-28-2008, 04:38 PM
OP, where is your question?

I can't find it anywhere!

sharpsteve2003
01-28-2008, 04:39 PM
it's currently #100 on most popular:

"There are a lot of Americans who feel that honest politicians are very hard to come by. Many Americans feel like they have been lied to, and they are convinced that too much corruption exists within government these days. In regards to your public and political record, please tell me if and why I should trust you?"

http://dyn.politico.com/debate/republicans/VoteForQuestion.cfm#

now at 95

It's alot better than many of the other ?'s on there. I noticed some other good ones for Ron Paul to hit a home run with and voted for them also after I voted for yours

A Ron Paul Rebel
01-28-2008, 04:46 PM
voted

86 now

Cleaner44
01-28-2008, 04:55 PM

Jobarra
01-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Anybody want to also vote for my question? It's directed at Dr. Paul on Foreign Policy(Not Iraq):

Dr. Paul, on November 1st, 2004, CNN.com reported that Al-Jazeera aired a new Osama bin Laden tape and released a transcript of it. In the transcript, bin Laden stated his group's goal is to force America into bankrupcy. bin Laden is quoted in the transcript as saying "We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy." Considering your opponents' continued support for the War on Terror at any and all costs, do you believe they are taking their marching orders from Al-Qaeda or that they are just uninformed of the enemy that we face due to an intrusive foreign policy? Also, if Congress was actually interested in capturing/killing Osama bin Laden and supported your efforts, how would you go about this task without further bankrupting America to the tune of Trillions of dollars?

Currently #3 on Most Recent page, although I'm sure that will change fast :(

voytechs
01-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Done. I was going to ask exactly which one is it, but it was pretty obvious it was from a RP supporter (#100), LOL!!!

mokkan88
01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
I just submitted a question:

"Do you respect the Constitution? Does your record show that you respect the Constitution? Why not?"

Vote please. ;)

pacelli
01-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Voted for it. Here's the problem with these questions-- even if it is geared toward Ron, there's no guarantee that he'll even get a chance to answer it. It is still worth submitting and voting for them-- I can't wait until the debate on Wednesday!

bcreps85
01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't think its girly, I think it is a great question. Ron Paul is the only honest one, the rest of them will have to lie, and will likely be caught off guard by it.

mikeInAZ
01-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Good question. They'll probably ask it to everyone and skip Dr. Paul.