PDA

View Full Version : Steal this letter, or point out why you wouldn't so others won't.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-28-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm no letter writing pro, but here's what I recently sent out. It was written before the LA results were in.

I mail merged preceinct leader data with MS Word, using a good hand written font that I found for the outsides of the envelopes. All went out first class mail.

In the first paragraph, I'm trying to establish enough credibility as a real person, that someone will read on. In the last paragraph, I offer a phone number to bolster that, as well as making sure they know when to vote.

This all fit onto one page, with an 11 point easy to read font.

These went to Florida. If I had it to do over again, I would have made it two pages. I originally fit what I could onto one page because I was planning on sending Slim Jims too. I couldn't source them fast enough, as I was down to the wire as far as getting these things delivered on time. I think I particularly dropped the ball on not mentioning Paul's economic knowledge, his private medical practice, or the fact that he's delievered over 4,000 babies.

Anyway, take it, modify, it, whatever. I would also do the entire second paragraph differently if I were doing it over again. I was mostly trying to attack the electability issue up front, but I think I needed some more intro on why they should keep reading.

Dear Neighbor,

My name is MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2. On March 23rd of last year, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. I'm writing you because I'm concerned about her future and the future of America in general. I'll tell you right now, that this is about a Presidential candidate, and I've never done this before. I've taken it upon myself, at my own expense, to get others to take a critical look at Ron Paul before voting.

Did you know that Ron Paul took 2nd place in the Nevada Caucuses on January 19th?

You may have also heard that Ron Paul has:

- Beaten Rudy Giuliani 4 times.
- Beaten Fred Thompson 3 times.
- Beaten McCain and Huckabee in early primaries as well.

According to the LA Times on 1/16/08:
"Ron Paul thumped two reputed Republican heavyweights in the Michigan primary -- former Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Who'd have predicted that a couple of months ago?”

According to The Nation on 1/20/08:
"Paul has his second from Nevada -- or, as Romney would put it, "the silver" -- and a better finish in South Carolina than Giuliani. He's also got more money in the bank than most of the other candidates, a muscular fund-raising operation, enthusiastic young volunteers and a message that distinguishes him from the field. He's in the race for a good long time, and now he's actually winning delegates."

Ron Paul's popularity continues to surge. He most likely raised more money in the last quarter than any other republican candidate, including an all-time record breaking fund raising day where he beat the record previously held by John Kerrey. Paul's campaign is funded by people like me, not corporate lobbyists and others who wish to influence federal spending for their own benefit. While most candidates have seen a decline in donations, Ron Paul continues to see an increase in donations as more and more people discover his amazing record.

In 10 Congressional terms, This is Ron Paul's stellar record:

- He has never voted to raise taxes.
- He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
- He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
- He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
- He has never taken a government-paid junket.

- He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
- He voted against the Patriot Act.
- He voted against regulating the Internet.
- He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

With a record like that, spanning 30 years, it's no wonder that people like me are supporting Ron Paul. To learn more, just look him up on the internet or visit his official website at RonPaul2008.com.

You can call me personally at 555-5555 if you have any questions. If you spend some time looking at Paul and his record, I think you'll agree that he's definitely worth voting for on Tuesday, January 29th.

Sincerly,
Hand Signed Signature