PDA

View Full Version : TV Ads running in Texas?

limequat
01-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Anybody in Texas to confirm? Someone on another forum claims that he saw 4 RP ads in the span of a couple hours.

hillertexas
01-28-2008, 02:47 PM
The only ad I have seen in Houston was for Obama but I watch VERY LITTLE tv.

DeadtoSin
01-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I haven't seen or heard a thing here in the DFW area. Very few signs either..

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes, the ran this past Friday on the local 5:00 o'clock news on NBC KXAN.
It was the one that was created by grassroots and was use during the Youtube debates for campaign videos. It was in high quality and gave us the chills when we saw it. The video is very powerful with images of the grassroots and Ron Paul talking about the rEVOLution.

angrydragon
01-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I saw two hilary ads here in LA, California.

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I haven't seen or heard a thing here in the DFW area. Very few signs either..

If we can reach this goal fast enough, we will start a fund drive for a digital billboard in Dallas we have located off one of the busy highways.

DeadtoSin
01-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Thank you so much, I was actually going to ask you about that...but I didn't want to be pushy. I know 6000 dollars is a lot of money to just throw together, much less adding more for another sign after that..

Lord Xar
01-28-2008, 03:02 PM
So this was NOT an official ad, it was one by grassroots?

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 03:08 PM
So this was NOT an official ad, it was one by grassroots?

Yeah it was the grassroots produced video selected by the RP campaign and listed on their site a few months back. He used it during the Youtube debate for his campaign video. It looked very digital and crisp, much better than during the debate and of course on Youtube.

jacmicwag
01-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Heard one on KTRH Houston talk radio yesterday during the re-broadcast of the Hannity show. Sweet.

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
01-28-2008, 03:54 PM
I have only seen Obama and Huck Commercials in Central Texas

Thumper
01-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I haven't seen anything here. I don't expect to, though. The only candidates that show up or spend money here are the ones that want to expand welfare, food stamps, etc. etc....

That said, I am surprised Hillary hasn't been here yet...

braeden0613
01-28-2008, 04:02 PM
I haven't seen anything here. I don't expect to, though. The only candidates that show up or spend money here are the ones that want to expand welfare, food stamps, etc. etc....

That said, I am surprised Hillary hasn't been here yet...
No kidding. Huck might run some here. :D

AdamT
01-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Something Big is running in Austin.

broadnote
01-28-2008, 04:19 PM
I can confirm, here in Austin,TX, I saw 3 TV adds last week between 4:00 pm
and 5:30 pm. on our channel 4 station. They were grassroots adds...very nice.
I was in shock when I first heard it, I wasn't watching the TV, only listening,and
ran out to see it. It was played again later,:) twice.

Maverick
01-28-2008, 04:30 PM
I haven't seen any official campaign ads yet on the San Antonio outlets. I saw a PAC ad a couple of times that ran a few months ago, but nothing since then.

blakjak
01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
I've seen Obama and Giuliani in Dallas... no Paul.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Maybe they're commercials for his congressional reelection? What Texas district was this in?

DXDoug
01-28-2008, 04:55 PM
No Tv ads south of forth worth .

P.S for those with nothing going on around em Get too it!!

Early Voting starts!! Feb 19th

Thumper
01-28-2008, 04:58 PM
No kidding. Huck might run some here. :D

Sorry, this is going to be OT...

Hehe...you're 250 miles north of me. I live in the Rio Grande Valley, the home of governmnt handouts and welfare. We have local candidates that go to our poorest neighborhoods (colonias) and give away turkeys at Thannksgiving and Christmas for support at election time.

If you want to know what the economy looks like here, google Hidalgo, Cameron, Willacy and Starr counties and look for information on welfare, unemployment rates, etc etc. You'll see what I'm talking about.

That being said, there are a lot of great, hard-working folks here. But we are way above the national averages on poverty, welfare, unemployment and the like. If not for federal money this area wouldn't be so appealing to the worst elements that live here.