PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any updates on the Romney whisper?

leipo
01-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Did this really blow over already? I thought this was gonna go viral (besides youtube) like Howard Dean's scream.

constitutional
01-28-2008, 02:06 PM
It was the moderator clarifying the question.

Do me a favor and listen to the question the moderator asked him.

The question sounded like it was testing the knowledge of the candidate: What exactly did Ronald R. do with social security?

But the moderator wanted to asked: Would you raise taxes like Ronald R. did on SS?

The moderator next to the guy that asked the question tried to clarify by saying "raise taxes."

Pete
01-28-2008, 02:33 PM
It's got 200,000 views on YouTube, but don't hold your breath for it to appear on Nightly News.

MSNBC says it was someone in the audience with an open mic. You know, like all that other audience chatter we heard. There was also a second whisper, where Mitt said we don't need new legislation, you hear the whispered word "support", then Mitt says he doesn't support new legislation re: assault weapons bans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK408oqEyOU

leipo
01-28-2008, 02:37 PM
It was the moderator clarifying the question.

Do me a favor and listen to the question the moderator asked him.

But the moderator wanted to asked: Would you raise taxes like Ronald R. did on SS?

The moderator next to the guy that asked the question tried to clarify by saying "raise taxes."

First of all, MSNBC already stated that the voice didn't come from any of the moderators OR any of the other candidates. So unless you believe they are conspiring against Romney, this can't be true.

The question sounded like it was testing the knowledge of the candidate: What exactly did Ronald R. do with social security?

Exactly. A trick question. So why clarify the question if it was supposed to trick him. Did you notice he clarified the question AFTER Romney said "i'm not gonna raise taxes"?
But the whispering voice said "He raised taxes. I'm not...." and how would that help Tim Russert who's next sentence was "Well, Ronald Reagan riased the payroll tax and he also raised the retirement age......".
Sorry but that just doesn't make sense.

constitutional
01-28-2008, 02:47 PM
First of all, MSNBC already stated that the voice didn't come from any of the moderators OR any of the other candidates. So unless you believe they are conspiring against Romney, this can't be true.

Exactly. A trick question. So why clarify the question if it was supposed to trick him. Did you notice he clarified the question AFTER Romney said "i'm not gonna raise taxes"?
But the whispering voice said "He raised taxes. I'm not...." and how would that help Tim Russert who's next sentence was "Well, Ronald Reagan riased the payroll tax and he also raised the retirement age......".
Sorry but that just doesn't make sense.

Obviously, you don't accept MSNBC's explanation or mine.

Good day sir. :)

leipo
01-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Obviously, you don't accept MSNBC's explanation or mine.

Good day sir. :)

Umm, ok.

nebulous
01-28-2008, 03:36 PM
It's got 200,000 views on YouTube, but don't hold your breath for it to appear on Nightly News.

ABC says it was someone in the audience with an open mic. You know, like all that other audience chatter we heard. There was also a second whisper, where Mitt said we don't need new legislation, you hear the whispered word "support", then Mitt says he doesn't support new legislation re: assault weapons bans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK408oqEyOU
I missed the debate and probably watched most of it on Youtube. Romney is a pathological flip-flopper so I would not be surprised if he wanted a mike in his ear, like Bush, and then changed his mind and had a correspondent behind the scene. He does appear to flinch after the whisper.

leipo
01-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Bump!
Isn't there some way we could get this incident to be officially investigated?