PDA

View Full Version : Tax Refund Donations to RP Campaign: Keep Bumped

libertythor
01-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Post your tax refund donations to this thread. This is an idea for a Money RainStorm, a steady stream of dough that will hit RP's campaign coffers from now until the end of the primaries, depending on when people file their taxes. If you think you are entitled a refund, file your taxes as soon as possible!

I am all for the money bombs still, but this is an idea that the anti money bomb people can get behind!

I am holding back some for the 51st Anniversary Money Bomb and also have some issues that need to get taken care of with a major part of my refund, but here is what I donated from the refund that just got deposited.

Mr. XXXX Thor XX, (Parts of name Xed out for privacy.)

Thank you very much for your donation of $30.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T396271-112775102

libertythor
01-28-2008, 03:13 PM
OK Here is an additional 50. Hopefully this gets stickied! Let the money rain storm begin!

Mr. XXXX Thor XX,

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T396345-112807576

Phantom
01-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Tax Stimulus Rebates To Be Withheld From Those Who Need It Most (http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_william__080127_tax_stimulus_rebates.htm) :mad:

ClayTrainor
01-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Wooo!

I didn't realize you guys were getting your rebates so soon. (canadian)

libertythor
01-28-2008, 03:20 PM
It depends on how early you receive your W-2 and or compile your income and expenses and submit your forms. Those who wait until the last minute on April 16th may not receive theirs until May.

Wooo!

I didn't realize you guys were getting your rebates so soon. (canadian)

libertythor
01-28-2008, 03:35 PM
I am a little bit miffed that donations from citizens abroad aren't flashed on the official website anymore!

Triton
01-29-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm going all out on this one.

libertythor
01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Thank you mods for stickying this thread! It is perfect for the crowd that is tired of the money bombs and asks, "Why don't people donate it when they've got it?" But I do like the moneybombs because they motivate many new donors. I am donating for Ron and Carol's Anniversary!

haaaylee
01-29-2008, 10:57 PM
donate any stimulus rebates as well!

libertythor
01-30-2008, 02:44 PM

Those may not come until this summer, but those can be donated to pro-liberty candidates in the congressional primaries, most of which are held August-October.

Staynsane
01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
bump:)

techxplosion
01-30-2008, 05:48 PM
bump

imaginegirl
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Seriously. I've been robbed. I was hoping to give part of my refund to the campaign. But turns out I owe the feds almost $1500. I've NEVER owed on taxes EVER. This has made me extreemely upset (I screamed as loud as I could "I hate you government!!!")... :mad:

This is what we get for trying to do things right & live debt free.. Here's the government's *real* plan...

Step 1. Encourage people to buy outrageous homes for the "tax break" so they can't even afford a savings account
Step 2. Flood the housing market, thus causing foreclosures, repos, short sales, etc
Step 3. Get now homeless "poor" people to rely on government hand-outs to make ends meet (welfare, medicare, etc)
Step 4. People become endlessly dependent on government as a result.
Step 5. Government has thus gained more power to take control of more parts of our lives, because we're utterly dependent on them.

Anyway, looks like I'm "out of the race" as far as money goes. I'll still spread the word with fliers, brochures, slim jims & straight-up talking. Ron Paul literally IS my last hope. I could make $100,000 a year (which I don't) but I probably would still have the same amount of take-home pay after taxes I do now. So what's the point of a higher paying job?? Maybe I should just denounce my citizenship now & take advantage of all those great hand-outs I've been paying illegals to take all this time...

So much for a free country. Thanks for listening. :(

jasonuher
01-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Seriously. I've been robbed. I was hoping to give part of my refund to the campaign. But turns out I owe the feds

+1, I was absolutely shocked to find my wife and I owed for 2007, we both withheld what we thought was more than enough, and now we owe /alot/ go figure...

Staynsane
02-03-2008, 01:50 PM
bump

derdy
02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Well guys, I thought I'd have $918 to kick to the campaign after my refund going based upon my refund from '06.

However, in '06 I started my job 3 months into the year. In '07 I had a full year's salary under my belt and that kicked me up another tax bracket! :mad:

I'm getting back $14 after paying $7,355 in federal taxes! :mad:

That's 5 bi-weekly paychecks for me!! :mad:

That's highway robbery folks!

TruthAtLast
02-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I'd love to donate a refund!

Actually I'd love to GET a refund!

I paid 56k in Federal Income taxes this year and now they say I need to pay 4k MORE.

I'm not married, have no kids, and don't have a house (which turns out was a smart move), but I get F**KED because I get virtually no deductions and the AMT screws me even more.

I didn't graduate from college because I couldn't afford it (yet I'll pay for someone else to go). I've worked almost 16 hours per day for nearly 10 years to try to make something of myself. I've sacrificed time with my family, vacations, luxuries, and even my own health and now that I'm even remotely successful, I get PENALIZED for my ambition and drive.

And when I die, after I've worked my whole life... they'll tax me again.

I subsidize a Government that can't balance a friggin checkbook and spends MY money on things I don't agree with.

This pisses me off to no end.

Oh, I'd love to donate a refund.... but unless Ron Paul becomes president, I'll never get one.

libertythor
02-13-2008, 05:37 AM
bump

faisal
02-14-2008, 09:20 PM

josephadel_3
02-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Well guys, I thought I'd have $918 to kick to the campaign after my refund going based upon my refund from '06.

However, in '06 I started my job 3 months into the year. In '07 I had a full year's salary under my belt and that kicked me up another tax bracket! :mad:

I'm getting back $14 after paying $7,355 in federal taxes! :mad:

That's 5 bi-weekly paychecks for me!! :mad:

That's highway robbery folks!

I owed 36 dollars after paying 1500 or so. Got 30 back from my state

kigol
03-02-2008, 07:38 PM

:)