PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul not the only thing getting Black Balled by the media

extrmmxer
01-28-2008, 01:49 PM
We all know how bad the media is toward Ron Paul. I think these two things go hand and hand at which Paul could use to his advantage. How about the total lack of coverage of Gold and Silver. They are nearing record highs. Gold is closing in on $1000 an ounce and Silver is closing in on $20 an ounce. This is a huge story and the media hasn't reported anything about it. I understand Gold and Silver is anti-establishment and actually gives power back to the people, but this should be plastered all over the news.

Ron Paul can use this to his advantage and so can we, while we're out canvessing. Simply point out Paul's position on Gold and Silver and show them a 1 year chart.

http://www.kitco.com/charts/popup/au0365nyb.html

http://www.kitco.com/charts/popup/ag0365nyb.html

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2008, 02:11 PM
We all know how bad the media is toward Ron Paul. I think these two things go hand and hand at which Paul could use to his advantage. How about the total lack of coverage of Gold and Silver. They are nearing record highs. Gold is closing in on $1000 an ounce and Silver is closing in on $20 an ounce. This is a huge story and the media hasn't reported anything about it. I understand Gold and Silver is anti-establishment and actually gives power back to the people, but this should be plastered all over the news.

Yeah, they do give little press to metals prices.

Multiple reasons:

- Central Banks don't want gold going up, as it hurts their fiat currencies.
- Some economists don't feel it's a productive investment since it just "sits there", and doesn't stimulate the economy.
- Not much to do stories on, other than it's price.
- Since bullion just sits there, there are no mergers, no IPO's, and no trading in and out, which means no money for Wall St.

(Granted, mining stocks could become the next big thing, but it hasn't happened yet. And when/if it does take off, it will be like the Internet bubble. There will be lots of essentially worthless companies created and hyped. Wall Street will love that part of it.)

StonewallJacksonJenkins
01-28-2008, 02:17 PM
The prices are gonna explode pretty soon. Gold isn't going up, fiat is going down.

"Paul, Peace, and Prosperity"- in that order.

greendiseaser
01-28-2008, 02:21 PM
CNBC covers it continuously.
They have analysts on every day now saying "You want to have at least SOME exposure to Gold, the ONLY consistently performing asset over the last year."

AND

The US TREASURY IS ADVERTISING GOLD BULLION FROM THE US MINT ... really funny shit!
The Federal Government is hot to cash out their gold for FRNs !??!

:D :D :D