PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul vs. Ron Popeil

Signzit
01-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Ron Paul vs. Ron Popeil

Ever hear of RONCO?

Why can't we afford info-mercials, you know paid programming!

What old people sleep all night? do any of us sleep well?

Please chime in if you know of a product better than Ron Paul?

Think about all the products that come out late night Paid Programming?

We could put on 1/2 hour spot "the best of Ron Paul" Youtube on.

and just hammer them Nation wide. Cable rates, Comcast, TimeWarner, Aldefia(sp?)? It's better than newspapers!

Has this been offered up as a suggestion before?

Ad Pros Please chime in with detail!
I am stupid?
is this cost prohibitive?

I mean come on they sell Oxy Orange and those Soap Balls for the washing machines!

We need to emote folks off the couch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6SODAhbJdE&NR=1

4:00 would cost a fortune for a regular commercial spot but with paid programming... it would be much cheaper!

RonRules
01-28-2008, 01:55 PM
OK, now THAT's funny.

drpiotrowski
01-28-2008, 02:25 PM
"DO YOU want to make hundreds of thousands of dollars, just sitting in your own home? Vote for Ron Paul. Toll free."

Signzit
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
yeah, you think it's funny?

If paid programming didn't work they could sell it and they do. Billions of units have sold through this industry.

Cable companies nationwide, like Comcast and TimeWarner have highly targeted cost effective Ad programs.

As you know it not all late night and it's not get rich quick.

Detonator
02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I like the idea, find out the cost... We have plenty of video to use.

Cowlesy
02-04-2008, 03:02 PM
But wait, there's more!

bj72
02-05-2008, 06:27 PM
I was just saying the same thing to my dh the other night. When I was describing the pitch, he laughed and said you want an info-mercial on a history and civics lesson? Exactly! How many people actually know about the Constitution really? Could sell DVD's or offer to download educational materials for the super low cost of shipping and small handling charge (or paypal fees if downloading). DVDs are inexpensive. My grandparents constantly watch info-mercials...my mom does too. I know college students tune in on occasion too. It is a target rich environment since there is virtually nothing on at that hour.

I used to be in advertising, and later worked as a writer for training materials (wrote F-18 training materials, as well as materials management systems) and tech manuals before staying at home to raise our children. Info-mercials work.

I have an idea for an ad campaign, website, etc. that might have to be PAC run. It is actually fairly simple, but I think based off other ads, it would be successful. I know nothing about PACs, but am guessing the idea could not be through the campaign. The web address would be $10,000-$13,000 and I also believe it would tie in nicely to the infomercial idea as well. Now mind you, I doubt I can talk my husband into that kind of dough from our savings...so I'd need sponsors. Also would need a web designer, someone knowledgeable to run with the PAC, etc. I'm more in the writing/advertising/big picture category.

Where do I post it (I hesitate to just stick it out in the open, as I don't want to loose the web address if they like it). Also don't know if anyone else has thought of it, but if so, no one has acted on it since the website remains...

Perhaps a Senior Member could help me out to see what they think? Or maybe I'll contact the owner of Freeople....

pathis
02-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Call now and we'll play TWO Youtube videos... thats right

bj72
02-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Wow, ya'll are so short-sighted on the YouTube thing. A lot of people don't watch them. However, those same people will watch a DVD, or read downloaded documents that are printed out...they will even pay for those materials. Many (especially over a certain age) are still stuck on hard copies, and other than hard copies, they watch tv. We are missing that audience currently.

jcbraithwaite7
02-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Act now and it is 17.76 act later and it is 19.84! Order today and we will include the bonus of properity, freedom and peace. Limited time offer....hurry and act now!

FireofLiberty
02-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Set it and forget it!