PDA

View Full Version : Draft Rand for Congress

Matt Collins
01-28-2008, 12:16 PM
After hanging out with Dr. Rand Paul in Nashville yesterday afternoon, I think that we should draft him to run for Congress ASAP.

Thoughts?

Arklatex
01-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I'd support that.

Bluedevil
01-28-2008, 12:20 PM
He might have a shot at Senate.

Physics
I'm down, let the r3VOLution live on!

JoshLowry
randpaulforums.com ;)

ThomasJ
01-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I have seen several videos with Dr. Rand Paul I am pretty sure the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Having said that I fully support this thread and all the things it implies.

nate895
01-28-2008, 12:26 PM
He might have a shot at Senate.

+1, He could hold the floor forever when an unconstitutional bill comes up.

roversaurus
01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
I assume he speaks Much like his father and
supports the same limited government platform and has similar
integrity. With those reservations, I would say, absolutely.

Shink
01-28-2008, 12:29 PM
+1, He could hold the floor forever when an unconstitutional bill comes up.

Do you think he really has a shot at Senate? If that's the case--WE NEED HIM THERE! I wish Ron was in Senate instead of the House. I'd watch him on CSPAN like a nerd.

laurak
01-28-2008, 12:29 PM
+1

pinkmandy
01-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Great idea!

Soon neocons might be changing their last name to Paul to get votes, lol.

Matt Collins
01-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Do you think he really has a shot at Senate? If that's the case--WE NEED HIM THERE! I wish Ron was in Senate instead of the House. I'd watch him on CSPAN like a nerd.

If we only had 1 liberty minded candidate the Senate is where we need them.

However, if we had a GROUP of liberty minded candidates the House would be the best place because that's where all the spending originates from. The House holds the purse.

Computer
01-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Never let the Ron Paul Revoution be hijacked by the likes of Bill Kristol. Rand could raise significant money for a political run by starting it now.

Bluedevil
01-28-2008, 12:42 PM

Which state is he a resident of? Would have to see who he would be up against. I think he would definitely have a chance given the name recognition his father now has. We could probably raise a large sum of money for him too.

jarofclay
01-28-2008, 12:44 PM
He might do it. He is the most political son of Ron. Here is an interview with him from Billings, MT taken on Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_LIRjzoDAU

tsetsefly
01-28-2008, 12:49 PM
After hanging out with Dr. Rand Paul in Nashville yesterday afternoon, I think that we should draft him to run for Congress ASAP.

Thoughts?

lmao, I was going to make a post that he should run for congress.

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Which state is he a resident of? Would have to see who he would be up against. I think he would definitely have a chance given the name recognition his father now has. We could probably raise a large sum of money for him too.

Kentucky.

ScotTX
01-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Rand lives in Bowling Green, KY. I would support him or any Paul who runs for office.

Revlett
01-28-2008, 01:04 PM
I'd love if Rand would run for Senate. The best we've got to offer as of now here in Kentucky is Mitch McConnell and Jim Bunning... :(

Bluedevil
01-28-2008, 01:09 PM
I'd love if Rand would run for Senate. The best we've got to offer as of now here in Kentucky is Mitch McConnell and Jim Bunning... :(

They would be tough to beat though. I think McConnell is up for election next, he is the Senate minority leader. Dont know much about Bunning except that he is a former hall of fame major leage pitcher and so is probably pretty popular.

itshappening
01-28-2008, 01:10 PM
senate!!!

imagine if we have a few senators, we could really own!

Carl H
01-28-2008, 01:12 PM
To bad tommorow is the last day to get him on Ky ballot, I've heard him talk and he sounds like his dad. Ditching Mitch would be great but hard to beat with 7 mil in the bank.

tsetsefly
01-28-2008, 01:22 PM
To bad tommorow is the last day to get him on Ky ballot, I've heard him talk and he sounds like his dad. Ditching Mitch would be great but hard to beat with 7 mil in the bank.

really? that sucks hope he files!

Revlett
01-28-2008, 01:22 PM
They would be tough to beat though. I think McConnell is up for election next, he is the Senate minority leader. Dont know much about Bunning except that he is a former hall of fame major leage pitcher and so is probably pretty popular.

Yeah, they'd be really tough to beat, but neither are very popular anymore due to them being lap dogs for the Bush Administration.

JGalt
01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
we need to get Rand to file to run against Mitch. Nobody here really likes him.

homah
01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
He might do it. He is the most political son of Ron. Here is an interview with him from Billings, MT taken on Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_LIRjzoDAU

Wow, sounds just like his old man, except his speaking is a little more polished (fewer "ums" and such).

Bergie Bergeron
01-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Has anyone actually asked him if he's going to run for Congress or Senate soon?

AlexMerced
01-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Rand Paul need to make Ron Paul commercials with him talking about how awesome his dad is, so he can build awareness and promote Ron Paul at the same time.

Double the value of ad dollars.

itshappening
01-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Rand Rocks!

PhilA
01-28-2008, 01:52 PM
It would be great to see all the contributions he would get from people that don't even live in the state he would be representing.

wgadget
01-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Rand Paul 2012!

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 02:01 PM
It would be great to see all the contributions he would get from people that don't even live in the state he would be representing.

I think this Freedom movement will help fund candidates all over the country in the future. That's how we'll eventually win our country back. Even when Ron Paul is president, we need to clean up the rest of DC, as well as our states and localities. Somehow, I don't think people are just going to go back to sleep.

XelR8r
01-28-2008, 02:08 PM
do it, do it.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-28-2008, 02:13 PM
When I first saw the title of this thread, I was thinking Ayn Rand, not Rand Paul. I was going to post and say "You know she's dead, right?"

Benaiah
01-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Watch the video from New Hampshire, the rally right after the results came in. Ron starts talking about the future, and then sort of gestures to Rand while there is crowd applause.

FSP-Rebel
01-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Rand will be helping Ron between now and the general election. He'll probably be ready to run in '10.

Santana28
01-28-2008, 02:32 PM
reluctant heroes are just what we need! the mere fact alone that he isn't already a career politician is enough for me :)

BarryDonegan
01-28-2008, 02:45 PM
he lives in KY, which is a typically republican type of core audience who just went to the democrats over the war.

Matt Collins
01-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Has anyone actually asked him if he's going to run for Congress or Senate soon?I asked him about it yesterday and basically he said "don't quote me" :p

Matt Collins
01-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Rand lives in Bowling Green, KY. I would support him or any Paul who runs for office.Me to - assuming that their policy and platform is based around the Constitution.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-28-2008, 09:13 PM
I asked him about it yesterday and basically he said "don't quote me" :p

don't quote me on what??

ConstitutionGal
01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
From speaking with Rand's wife, Kelley, on Sunday, I think they're planning to try and finish raising their own kids before Rand jumps into politics full-time. Just campaigning for Dr. Ron Paul has been VERY hard on their family and they are all getting worn out. I admire the fact that they have their priorities in order but I fully expect Rand to get into politics at some not-too-distant point in the future. Until that time, I will continue to pray fo the safety and well being of the entire family.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-28-2008, 09:31 PM
From speaking with Rand's wife, Kelley, on Sunday, I think they're planning to try and finish raising their own kids before Rand jumps into politics full-time. Just campaigning for Dr. Ron Paul has been VERY hard on their family and they are all getting worn out. I admire the fact that they have their priorities in order but I fully expect Rand to get into politics at some not-too-distant point in the future. Until that time, I will continue to pray fo the safety and well being of the entire family.

Gal, I am jealous you know them! I hope Rand is in an area where he can run for a house seat or senate seat and have our national backing help him.

freedom1787
01-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Don't say Rand Paul 2012, because that is implying that you don't want 8 years of Ron. How about Rand Paul for 2016? :)

Rede
01-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Rand Paul 2012?

itshappening
01-28-2008, 09:39 PM
he should definitely target a winnable Senate seat sometime in the future

FreeTraveler
01-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Last I heard, the 13th Amendment outlawed the DRAFT, although the Supremes have denied it. Now I see "freedom-fighters" advocating their own draft!

Do you all think the Paul family are just your puppets?

First there's thread after thread about how Dr. Paul is too stupid to run his own campaign, so he better do this or that or something else or he's got no chance.

NOW you're going to tell his son what to do with his career?

GET A F*CKING LIFE, PEOPLE! Go hand out slimjims or sign up as a precinct captain or something useful. Telling Rand Paul what his career should be isn't it!

FireofLiberty
01-28-2008, 09:53 PM
When I met him in SC I talked to him for about 10 minutes and the first thing I asked him was "when are we going to get you to run for office?" and he laughed and replied "10 years." He then basically said that his family came first ("it's up to my wife") and then he turned and asked his two sons what they thought about the idea and they were all for it.

Yom
01-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Last I heard, the 13th Amendment outlawed the DRAFT, although the Supremes have denied it. Now I see "freedom-fighters" advocating their own draft!

First there's thread after thread about how Dr. Paul is too stupid to run his own campaign, so he better do this or that or something else or he's got no chance.

GET A F*CKING LIFE, PEOPLE! Go hand out slimjims or sign up as a precinct captain or something useful. Telling Rand Paul what his career should be isn't it!

Chill out. That's not what "drafting" means in this context. It means petitioning him, asking him to run and trying to convince him through showing the already extant support.

ConstitutionGal
01-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Gal, I am jealous you know them! I hope Rand is in an area where he can run for a house seat or senate seat and have our national backing help him.

Don't be jealous. I've met them a few times but I would hardly say that I 'know' them. I've simply been lucky enough to be in some of the same locations that they have and have had the opportunity to actually talk to them both for a while. I actually spoke at the Nashville rally this past Sunday two speakers before Rand so we got to chat before everything really got started. I got to talk to Kelley for quite a while after the proceedings were over. Their middle son signed a Ron Paul campaign sign for my youngest son (they're about the same age) and Kelley and I were kidding that maybe the two boys would serve in Congress together some day. She's a VERY nice lady and fits in quite well with the rest of the Paul family that I've met.

Matt Collins
01-28-2008, 10:02 PM

It's just a figure of speech. Unlike the military, no one can FORCE anyone to serve in Congress at gunpoint.

May I recommend a Valium or maybe a beer? Or perhaps both! You obviously have issues :rolleyes:

TheTyke
01-29-2008, 04:19 AM
I met Rand briefly too. He was just a regular guy; easy to talk to. I'm not sure what expected, but that wasn't it. :D

I'd totally support him if he ran here in KY! We really need some good people... our officials rarely do better than 60% on the Conservative Index (which rates on adherence to the Constitution) of the New American (as compared to Ron Paul who is consistently at 100%). From what little I've heard, Rand believes exactly as his father does.

Matt Collins
02-02-2008, 12:34 AM
I'd totally support him if he ran here in KY!Well lets get on it! :D

Matt Collins
02-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Bump

Scribbles
02-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Rand Paul Talks at the Montana GOP Kickoff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx-3X8gGASw

Check that video out.

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Rand Paul Talks at the Montana GOP Kickoff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx-3X8gGASw

Check that video out.
I think I have seen that before

polexi
02-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Is there anyway to contact him or get a petition started to show him that we will give him the full support that we're giving his father?

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Is there anyway to contact him or get a petition started to show him that we will give him the full support that we're giving his father?I think he already knows that. It's just that he wants his boys to grow up a bit first before he jumps into the political meat grinder.

bew2005
02-03-2008, 11:40 PM
If he goes for a Senate seat, it would probably be best to wait until 2010 because that is when Jim Bunning's seat is up. Despite approval ratings below 50%, Mitch McConnell has raised millions for his campaign this year and would be very difficult to unseat. Jim Bunning, on the other hand, is probably the worst Congressman in Washington. Seriously.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Bunning looks like a chump. Rand will hand him his ass. We could probably pump a couple million bucks into Rand's campaign. :)

dblee
02-04-2008, 07:23 AM
+1

Matt Collins
02-04-2008, 08:20 AM
I think he is waiting on his kids to grow up but we sure could use him in Congress NOW!

polexi
02-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Bunning looks like a chump. Rand will hand him his ass. We could probably pump a couple million bucks into Rand's campaign. :)

You better believe it! When this election is over and we have time to revive our funds, we'll give him more than enough if he decides to run for congress. ;)