PDA

View Full Version : Who saw Ron Paul in Maine this today?

american2
01-28-2008, 11:49 AM
I missed it. Can someone tell me what happened? Did many people show up in Augusta?

Thanks!

bullterrier0
01-28-2008, 12:14 PM
I just got back from the State House. I'm guessing there were 200 in attendance, give or take a little (although admittedly, I wasn't counting, and am trying to be conservative ;) ). He stumped for about half an hour, then took pictures with all who wanted them.

I think a weekend event, with a little more notice, would have attracted more people. Nonetheless it was good to see the Doc in Maine! :D

Rangeley
01-28-2008, 12:30 PM
I went to the event at the University of Southern Maine in Portland, and if I had to estimate there were probably 200-300 people in the lecture hall to see him. Afterwards he stayed back in the lobby and I got his autograph, shook his hand, and took a ton of pictures. Also outside of the hall there were tons of political signs, all for Ron Paul of course.

MrCobaltBlue
01-28-2008, 12:36 PM
I was at the Rally in the campaign office. I got to shake his hand and he signed a copy of The Constitution of the United States of America for me :)

bkreigh
01-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I wish I would have been able to make to the state house. Like somebody else said above a bit more notice would have help. I could have taken leave for that day. Ohh well. Ill be at the caucus and that is what matters.

Rangeley
01-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Heres what WGME had on it: http://www.wgme.com/News/story_video/playFlashVideo.shtml?wgme/flipfactory/WGME_newsc

thompsonisland
01-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I also got my Constitution signed! Couldn't get in for a photo, though. This was the Portland event. I thought it went well, and I thought he handled the global warming heckling pretty well. What did he say to that woman with the sign? Anyone know? He definitely seemed irritated, I suspect he has seen that routine before.

Looking forward to the caucus, although I wish it weren't going to eat up my whole Saturday morning! Why is it so long? My husband and I are going to be delegates; I am curious as to what is going to happen.

RufusTDoofus
01-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I was at the event in the State House with my wife today. We were thankful to get a chance to meet Dr. Paul and get a picture with him: http://www.rufusthedoofus.com/articles/107/we-met-ron-paul-today