PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Presidency - thoughts about the future

kotetu
01-28-2008, 11:32 AM
One of the things I will always remember and always attribute to Dr. Paul is that he and his campaign this last year, including all of you guys, has led me to become more interested in politics than ever before in my life. I've never once thought about whether or not I could, or should, run for any office. This last year has changed that in me. President Paul or no, to really get things done we will need people in the house and senate working towards our goals. People who are not bought and paid for. People with enthusiasm for the Constitution and the energy to stand up against corruption.

So I started thinking, over the past few weeks, that perhaps I should run for office. I know now that I can - the requirements appear to only be, (1) be at least 25 years of age, (2) be a citizen of the US for at least the last 7 years, and (3) be a resident of the state you are running for. These requirements are quite simple, and rightly so, because the house is there to represent the people, unlike the senate, which represents the state governments.

We have over 70,000 members in over 1,000 meetups around the country. Is it possible that we have 435 people in our group who are bright enough, charismatic enough, and speak well enough, to start taking seats in the House? Can you imagine that? That the entire House of Representatives, all 435 members, really BELIEVE in the Constitution? I think that we should seriously consider this. We have a very enthusiastic group of people here, and if we put our minds to it, I believe we can really make a difference. I believe we can get enough of us elected over the next few years that we can take back our country.

One man standing alone cannot do it. All of us standing together can.

Thoughts?

kotetu
01-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Anyone who has looked into this, who may have insight on what it takes to win a seat, and what it takes to do the job right, please post here.

X_805
01-28-2008, 03:32 PM
I plan to do some political stuff after 10-20 or so years on my chosen career path.

Nadia
01-29-2008, 10:12 PM
We have a site going to unite Kucinich and Ron Paul supporters to take back Congress
www.peacecandidates.com with the requirements, deadlines etc.

kotetu
02-01-2008, 02:45 PM
the website is a great idea!

kotetu
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
keep thinking about this!