PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

BillyDkid
01-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Does anyone else suspect that the media has been down playing violence in Iraq and Afganistan or just not reporting on it as well as promoting the supposed "success" of the surge in order take away one of Dr. Paul's great strengths - opposing war and promoting peace? Never mind all the people who have died already and all the hundreds of billions dollars that have sunk into it - if the media isn't talking about it, it doesn't matter. I almost barfed during the last debate at the responses of all the other candidates when asked if the war was worth it. Does anybody seriously think the removal of Saddam and the subsequent quagmire was worth the life of even one American, let alone thousands killed and maimed?

yongrel
01-28-2008, 10:36 AM
I think the media has stopped reporting the violence in Iraq because people were getting desensitized to it. "Death and Mayhem at 10!!!!" doesn't have near the impact it normally would when it's been on the news for months continuously. With ongoing stories, the media coverage fluctuates like a sine wave, in order to get the most sensational news with the best viewer reaction.

Cinderella
01-28-2008, 10:38 AM
absolutely not! i feel so bad for the iraqi people....and whats worse is that we are hated when we the people dont even support this war....we were tricked...first it started that we were going to find the "terrorists" who were responsible for the attack (we didnt need to look any farther than our own Gov)...then it went to iraq and oil and kill saddam?? what the hell?? when did that happen??

i dont kno if anyone heard about this...but over 130 iraqi women were killed within the past couple weeks....they were thought to be prostitues etc,,,well come to find out they were all doctors nurses teachers and lawyers!!! what is going on here!!!

pinkmandy
01-28-2008, 10:39 AM
I think it's being downplayed right now. Not sure if it's because of Dr. Paul...it might be more to make the war less of an issue for someone like Hillary.

NoMoreApathy
01-28-2008, 10:39 AM
All I'm going to say is that the reported "success" of the surge certainly has been convenient for neo-cons.