PDA

View Full Version : The media is definetely doing its job in smearing Ron Paul....

ZzzImAsleep
01-28-2008, 08:32 AM
I went over to my in-laws house last night and when they heard me and my wife are voting for Ron Paul, like a parrot her entire family started spewing forth the same crap you hear about Ron Paul.....

"Ron Paul?......isn't he that drag queen?"

"Ron Paul?......I saw him at the debate. He is crazy!"

"Ron Paul? Lol.......I want to vote for someone who is a viable candidate."

Not to mention that they think Ron Paul is for a "fair tax" and that he is "pro-choice".

:mad:

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Well I certainly hope you set them straight

NoPants
01-28-2008, 08:34 AM
but you set them straight, right?

pinkmandy
01-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Well I hope they got educated and were asked where they heard all of the misinformation.

ashura
01-28-2008, 08:35 AM
I was surprised that my coworker, who is a liberal but grad school educated and fairly up to date with the news, thought Paul is an isolationist who is against free trade and for the fair tax. He had the details right about every other candidate though.

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 08:36 AM
I went over to my in-laws house last night and when they heard me and my wife are voting for Ron Paul, like a parrot her entire family started spewing forth the same crap you hear about Ron Paul.....

Not to mention that they think Ron Paul is for a "fair tax" and that he is "pro-choice".

I hear you. I'm so sick of this garbage, I could scream. Thank Heaven for fellow meetup members with whom I can gripe instead of having a stroke.

mrchubbs
01-28-2008, 08:37 AM
The media got the memo:
http://www.libertymaven.com/2007/12/19/the-official-media-guide-to-attacking-ron-paul/

And caused The Lazy Mob:
http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/01/27/ron-paul-and-the-lazy-mob/

The above are two commentaries regarding my thoughts on the matter.

Enjoy.

Joe3113

Ah yes. The wit of the MSM-consuming masses.

bucfish
Let the MSM continue the lies as the lies and those that commit them are soon to be exposed.
The people will lose all respect in the MSM and knowledge amongst us will increase.

Briggsy
Let me guess, once they spewed a bunch of lies about him, they then no longer wanted to talk politics when you tried giving them the correct info? Yea I have had this happen to me also. Even if some do listen, they write off my information as "not credible" because I got it off the internet and "anyone can put anything on the internet". I have also just gotten some eye rolls and "Oh Ok". I then realized my family had been mysteriously labotomized by aliens at some point in thier lives and I had never noticed it before. Amazing.

jarofclay
01-28-2008, 08:38 AM
1. Giuliani is the drag queen. (hand them a Ron Paul DVD)
2. A california Senator recently said he was voting for Ron Paul because he was the only conservative left. So if by crazy.... you mean sane. (Hand them a slim jim.)
3. He just won 2nd in Nevada. He is winning and will win.

:)

justatrey
01-28-2008, 08:40 AM
A drag queen? I guess I missed something because I've never heard anyone in the media (or anyone else) call him a drag queen. I've seen the pics of Rudy, but now its Paul? When did this start happening?

skyfi
01-28-2008, 08:41 AM
I have run into this problem as well, with one of my older sisters.

Everytime we have lunch together I will bring up politics at some point for a short time, trying to at least talk about the subject before moving into RP's platform... Everytime she will shut me up, tell me she doesn't want to talk about it in front of her kids (whom are young enough they wouldn't know what we are talking about anyways) and then she usually goes on to argue her side of the story and then laughs and starts eating, and right when I get ready to retort she will pull the "Hey! I thought I said I didn't want to talk about it??" card...

Its very annoying.

Joe3113
01-28-2008, 08:42 AM
3. He just won 2nd in Nevada. He is winning and will win.

...and 2nd (possibly 1st) in Louisiana :)

Seanmc30
01-28-2008, 08:43 AM

I have always said it! Its not the big hit pieces that hurt. It is the little subconscious jabs they take. It is the comentators just calling him crazy and moving on. It is the constant labeling they do, and the lack of coverage.

The media knows what works, and they are sticking to their playbook. That is why it is so important that the internet always stays unregulated. If it gets regulated like TV, all hope of ever getting people like RP elected is over.

Joe3113
01-28-2008, 08:44 AM
I have run into this problem as well, with one of my older sisters.

Everytime we have lunch together I will bring up politics at some point for a short time, trying to at least talk about the subject before moving into RP's platform... Everytime she will shut me up, tell me she doesn't want to talk about it in front of her kids (whom are young enough they wouldn't know what we are talking about anyways) and then she usually goes on to argue her side of the story and then laughs and starts eating, and right when I get ready to retort she will pull the "Hey! I thought I said I didn't want to talk about it??" card...

Its very annoying.

I've seen this strategy before in conversation. They say "I don't want to talk about it" then they proceed to give you their opinion, and when they are finished giving you their opinion and you attempt to retort, they say "I don't want to talk about it" once again.

These people are known as sociopaths.

homah
01-28-2008, 08:44 AM
1. No
2. No, the status quo is crazy.
3. Baaaa.
4. No.

My standard line is "You might to hold back on the bashing until you've done some *actual* research on the candidates and their positions."

luvfreedom
01-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Let the MSM continue the lies as the lies and those that commit them are soon to be exposed.
The people will lose all respect in the MSM and knowledge amongst us will increase.

source? I would love for this to happen.

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2008, 08:46 AM
A drag queen? I guess I missed something because I've never heard anyone in the media (or anyone else) call him a drag queen. I've seen the pics of Rudy, but now its Paul? When did this start happening?

The person who thinks Ron Paul is a drag queen, is thinking of "Ru Paul"

I have run into this. :mad: You only have to show them a picture of a 72 year old white man, to get the Ru Paul image out of their minds. Stupidity, however, is almost impossible to overcome. :rolleyes:

Mortikhi
01-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Its idiot people thinking Ru Paul not Ron Paul. That was spread around quite a bit after Ron started his run.

Sometimes I find it amazing that so many people's mental development was arrested at age ten. How do you go through life without striving to know more is beyond me. People like that are on par with cattle. Moo.

Jae0
01-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Let me guess, once they spewed a bunch of lies about him, they then no longer wanted to talk politics when you tried giving them the correct info? Yea I have had this happen to me also. Even if some do listen, they write off my information as "not credible" because I got it off the internet and "anyone can put anything on the internet". I have also just gotten some eye rolls and "Oh Ok". I then realized my family had been mysteriously labotomized by aliens at some point in thier lives and I had never noticed it before. Amazing.

Oh my god freaking amen. My family has no problems discussing their candidates and cant defend them when I talk about the facts, but you let me even whisper 'Ron Paul' and suddenly they dont want to talk about Politics anymore.

justatrey
01-28-2008, 08:52 AM
The person who thinks Ron Paul is a drag queen, is thinking of "Ru Paul"

I have run into this. :mad: You only have to show them a picture of a 72 year old white man, to get the Ru Paul image out of their minds. Stupidity, however, is almost impossible to overcome. :rolleyes:

Wow, I imagine 99% of the time people are joking about this but never thought anyone sincerely could not distinguish between the two.

Anyway, as others have said if someone brings this up its a great time to tell them about Rudy and supply pics so they know who the real drag queen is.

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Wow, I imagine 99% of the time people are joking about this but never thought anyone sincerely could not distinguish between the two.

Anyway, as others have said if someone brings this up its a great time to tell them about Rudy and supply pics so they know who the real drag queen is.

No, not joking. very serious. and ANGRY. Angry that Ru Paul would dare run for President, and that some guy (you) would actually support him/her/it.

ZzzImAsleep
01-28-2008, 08:59 AM
but you set them straight, right?

It was difficult.........

On the "fair tax" issue I explained to the person who said that he is for a fair tax that he is actually for eliminating the Irs, that he wants ZERO taxes, not just a fair or flat tax. Her response to this was just a restatement of her earlier comment, "No, he wants a fair tax." which was said as if I had misunderstood what she said. Like I dont know what Ron Paul's political positions are.

You have to understand a few things about this family.......at every family dinner they all talk over one another and no one really listens.

After dinner was over I talked to my mother in law about Ron Paul, and I think I got through to her. A one on one conversation was much more effective than trying to talk to a group of people.

Vendico
01-28-2008, 09:02 AM
That's when you send them emails and links. They can't talk over you in an email.

CaliforniaAndre
01-28-2008, 09:07 AM
remember, Ignorance is bliss.
This means we have a ton of happy people in the world......

NoPants
01-28-2008, 09:07 AM
It was difficult.........

On the "fair tax" issue I explained to the person who said that he is for a fair tax that he is actually for eliminating the Irs, that he wants ZERO taxes, not just a fair or flat tax. Her response to this was just a restatement of her earlier comment, "No, he wants a fair tax." which was said as if I had misunderstood what she said. Like I dont know what Ron Paul's political positions are.

You have to understand a few things about this family.......at every family dinner they all talk over one another and no one really listens.

After dinner was over I talked to my mother in law about Ron Paul, and I think I got through to her. A one on one conversation was much more effective than trying to talk to a group of people.

Good work! Separate them like the police doing an interrogation.

Bruce4Ron
01-28-2008, 09:10 AM
I had someone at work do that to me. Talk about all this crap on Paul and then no longer want to listen.

The last thing I said to him was this:

"I'm sorry but you want to sit here and talk like you are informed on Ron Paul's positions but when someone wants to clarify or clear up any misconceptions, you no longer want to listen? Sorry but I can't help you."

Then I walked away.

acptulsa
01-28-2008, 10:03 AM
No, he's not for zero tax. You can't provide for the common defense with no federal taxes whatever. We need to be careful not to get his positions mixed up or our attempts to educate will be looked upon as b.s. and all our work will be for nothing.

Best argument I've seen is he wants to cut the federal government to the bone. It's corrupt, it doesn't work, most of what it does is take its cut off the top and give the money back to the states to use, anyway, so why not eliminate the middleman?

If that doesn't sound sane enough for them, start showing them how little sanity there is in the rest of the field. Romney's a corporate raider who says he'll create jobs, McCain wants to keep fighting in Iraq until long after the oil's all gone, etc.

yongrel
01-28-2008, 10:11 AM
I walked into a room the other day, and a girl saw my Ron Paul tshirt. She shouted, "Ew! Ron Paul! He's that Mormon! I'd never vote for a Mormon!"

Sometimes, happiness is a boot to the head.

affa
01-28-2008, 11:09 AM
this thread made me sad.

Briggsy
01-28-2008, 11:25 AM
this thread made me sad.

Ditto

driller80545
01-28-2008, 11:33 AM
This thread would be funny if it were'nt so true.

Mark
01-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I have always said it! Its not the big hit pieces that hurt. It is the little subconscious jabs they take. It is the comentators just calling him crazy and moving on. It is the constant labeling they do, and the lack of coverage.

The media knows what works, and they are sticking to their playbook. That is why it is so important that the internet always stays unregulated. If it gets regulated like TV, all hope of ever getting people like RP elected is over.

Which is why I'm trying to get it through the heads of those in the media (and other cointelpro professions) that believe in God,
that God knows their hearts,
and that all of these "tricks" will come back to haunt them when they have to stand before God and face judgment regarding their actions on Earth.

A. Havnes
01-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Give them Ron Paul DVDs and set them straight! A drag queen? How could you possibly mistake Guiliani for Ron Paul? That's insane!

crazyfacedjenkins
01-28-2008, 12:24 PM
The branch off from chimpanzees only happened a few million years ago.

Mark
01-28-2008, 12:29 PM
The branch off from chimpanzees only happened a few million years ago.

Apparently many missed that memo.