PDA

View Full Version : A little straight talk, my friends

rfbz
01-28-2008, 05:39 AM
McCain offers up some more straight talk:

"It's a tough war we're in. It's not going to be over right away. There's going to be other wars." Offering more of his increasingly bleak "straight talk," he repeated the claim: "I'm sorry to tell you, there's going to be other wars. We will never surrender but there will be other wars."

"And right now - we're gonna have a lot of PTSD [post traumatic stress disorder] to treat, my friends," he said. "We're gonna have a lot of combat wounds that have to do with these terrible explosive IEDs that inflict such severe wounds. And my friends, it's gonna be tough, we're gonna have a lot to do."

Video here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/27/mccain-warns-there-will_n_83459.html)

Paul Revered
01-28-2008, 05:47 AM
I posted this on MySpace.

Kingfisher
01-28-2008, 05:54 AM
He actually sounds worse than Bush.

Mesogen
01-28-2008, 06:47 AM
Hmm, CNN said that he was getting all the anti-war vote.:rolleyes:

mjp1025
01-28-2008, 09:14 AM
How in the hell can a nation predominantly against this "war" support this madman????

InLoveWithRon
01-28-2008, 09:22 AM
How in the hell can a nation predominantly against this "war" support this madman????

1. People who are misinformed

2. People who are dumb

3. People who don't research anything and do nothing besides believing everything the MSM says

Remember, 90% of Americans are in LA-LA land and are not informed like we are.. Unfortunately we are in the 10% minority of informed individuals in the United States.

InLoveWithRon
01-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Abraham Lincoln once said, 'You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you can't fool any of the people any of the time.'

And that's why Iraq is a safer place today, and why we have to stay there until it's no longer safe.

steph3n
01-28-2008, 10:08 AM
people think since he ran against bush in 2000 he is the anti-bush! how much more wrong could they be

Original_Intent
01-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Abraham Lincoln once said, 'You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you can't fool any of the people any of the time.'

And that's why Iraq is a safer place today, and why we have to stay there until it's no longer safe.

Um the bolded part is a misquote, isn't it? I thought it was "but you can't fool all of the people all of the time".

The way yours is worded would mean you can never fool anyone. :D