PDA

View Full Version : Romney's paying activists in Iowa

Badger Paul
08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Sometimes money is the only motivator and guess that's why Mitt had to write a check to his own camapaign for $9 mil

From politico.com:

Ames hijincks

A pro-Romney Iowa county GOP committee chairman is going to bar representatives of the three top candidates who are skipping the Ames Straw Poll from his county's meetings in the future. Whether or not he was acting at the behest of Romney's campaign team -- from which he does draw a monthly payment -- this move does dovetail with the larger Romney effort to win support from Iowans worried about their first-in-the-nation status by reminding them that he's the only one totally committed to the traditional caucus process (which includes playing in Ames)

Also, an anonymous blog and related video have surfaced (imagine that) pointing out that Romney is paying Iowa activists to work for him. Brownback's camp denied they're involved to the Des Moines Register, but they've been the most aggressive in going after Romney in Iowa for some time. It's also possible that supporters of Brownback are working with backers of candidates who aren't playing in Ames to levy the charges.

Expect more such hijincks as the Straw Poll draws near.

thomj76
08-05-2007, 10:49 AM
I saw a thread earlier about Mitt Romney busing people in and buying them a meal after they pledge to vote for him.

After talking with my Mom about this (She was a US Government teacher for 20+ years), the first thing she responded with was 'Wow, that sounds a lot like Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall'.

Badger Paul
08-05-2007, 11:20 AM
That straw poll stuff doesn't bother me as much as paying people who be fantically they should do it for free you would think. Hell, all of us work for free that's for sure.

Ahh, a fool and his money soon parted.

Lois
08-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Thanks for posting this information -- is there a link to the article?

Syren123
08-06-2007, 11:38 AM
LOL yet hundreds - THOUSANDS - of Ron Paul supporters who show up on their own nickel are wackos.

Badger Paul
08-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm sorry I copied this so I don't have a link.