PDA

View Full Version : **Poll...Are you a Precinct Leader?**

Mckarnin
01-28-2008, 03:19 AM
So, I have heard and seen how few Precinct Leaders we have for a movement with so many MeetUps and supporters. I want to find out if the majority here are Precinct Leaders already. I finally signed up yesterday!

I don't know how to refer properly yet but if you put my email: LymanAssist@gmail.com in the box I'll get some brownie points with Ron Paul...lol

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/precincts-banner.gif (https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/)

If anyone has encouraging words about being a Precinct Leader or reassurances to give feel free to put them in this thread. I can't remember who posted it but I'll have to find the thread about shy people being Precinct Leaders that someone wrote a week or so ago. That really helped me to start thinking about it.

bucfish
01-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Being a precinct leader has given me new energy and direction. I suggest ALL sign up now! You will see what the campaign has spent a lot of money doing NOW IT IS UP TO US TO WIN THIS thing and become a precinct leader immediately.

Mckarnin
01-28-2008, 03:34 AM
Being a precinct leader has given me new energy and direction. I suggest ALL sign up now! You will see what the campaign has spent a lot of money doing NOW IT IS UP TO US TO WIN THIS thing and become a precinct leader immediately.

I thought I would have to do a lot of investigating to do a good job as a precinct leader but once you sign up the list of names, addresses and phone numbers is right there. They also give you training and tools so you can figure out exactly how you want to lead your precinct. Not scary at all.

Mckarnin
01-28-2008, 03:40 AM
I found the thread..this really helped me. Even though I now plan to make calls and visit some folks it is comforting to think that I can do my job without that level of contact.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89676&highlight=shy+precinct+leader

Mckarnin
01-28-2008, 04:08 AM
I see 44 views but only a few of those people have voted. I think I set my poll up as private. Why not vote? I'm trying to get some idea what percentage of those on the forums are actually Precinct Leaders.

:)

LandonCook
01-28-2008, 04:11 AM
yes

Michigan11
01-28-2008, 04:36 AM
I am in Michigan, and I spent every day canvassing before our primary, with my fellow meetup members. This precinct leader idea was not available untill a couple weeks before the primary, and therefore alot of us were too busy canvassing as a meetup to learn about it and sign up.

Yet, those in my state that did sign up, more than doubled the vote for Ron Paul in their precincts!!! Amazing, because Ron Paul polled 6% in the state, yet polled in the mid-teens percentage range where there were precinct leaders.

Looking back, I wish I would have signed up and become a precinct leader, rather than canvass with my meetup group.

I am going to sign up now, so that when the general election comes, I am ready!

Royksopp
01-28-2008, 04:50 AM
wheres the option for people who cannot become precinct leaders?

wisconsinite
01-28-2008, 05:00 AM
OK, I voted in your poll. But you didn't have any category for people who physically can't become a precinct leader (due to living overseas), so I had to check the "I refuse" box.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
01-28-2008, 05:17 AM
Everyone that has the ability and are available to become a Precinct Leader should become one, and I mean EVERYONE! We are 13 000 leaders now, which is great. But imagine what a number of 50,000 leaders could accomplish, or +100,000. I wish more people would jump on the train for the program. Even if you don't have a lot of time, it would always be somebody in your precinct or area that would be willing to help out.

It's fun, and with some help from other fellow Ron Paul supporters a precinct wouldn't have to take long at all. Recommended time at each door is 90 sec anyway (and max 10 min)

I urge everyone to trumpet this to their meet up groups. This is how we really can win this election, and hopefully more people will understand this very, very soon.

Mckarnin
01-28-2008, 12:14 PM
I am in Michigan, and I spent every day canvassing before our primary, with my fellow meetup members. This precinct leader idea was not available untill a couple weeks before the primary, and therefore alot of us were too busy canvassing as a meetup to learn about it and sign up.

Yet, those in my state that did sign up, more than doubled the vote for Ron Paul in their precincts!!! Amazing, because Ron Paul polled 6% in the state, yet polled in the mid-teens percentage range where there were precinct leaders.

Looking back, I wish I would have signed up and become a precinct leader, rather than canvass with my meetup group.

I am going to sign up now, so that when the general election comes, I am ready!

Yay!

Mckarnin
01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Bump!

Ron Paul cured my apathy but not my laziness...lol...that's what an RP supporter I talked to just said to me.