PDA

View Full Version : Who should Ron Paul select as a VP?

nebulous
01-28-2008, 02:28 AM
This may have already been discussed, I couldn't find the thread.

I'm looking at the Libertarian Candidates since all the Republicans are CFR based!

George Phillies (http://phillies2008.org/)

End the War

If elected, I will immediately end our occupation of Iraq. Our forces with their supplies and equipment will move as rapidly as possible through peaceful Kuwait to await shipment home.

The Republicans started the war. They want to keep fighting. The American people gave the Democrats control of Congress so they could end the war. What did the Democrats give us? More War!...

Restore Fiscal Sanity

The first step to a prosperous America is restoring fiscal sanity to Washington.
Uncle Sam is 9 trillion dollars in debt. In Fiscal 2006, the on-budget Federal Budget Deficit was $484 billion. General Accounting Office simulations show that by 2040 interest on the national debt will consume the bulk of Federal taxes. If we go on like this, we will become a third-world banana republic.

Our only hope is a President who points at Federal program after Federal program, corporate welfare scheme after corporate welfare scheme, and says the same four words "We can't afford that."

Those words got our grandparents though the Great Depression. Those are the words that will restore fiscal sanity to our Republic...

Save Your Freedoms

The Bush administration illegally listened to phone calls and read emails of millions of Americans, probably including you. Those warrantless searches were crimes. I'll do my best to ensure that everyone who committed these crimes goes to prison.

I will vigorously encourage Congress to repeal the Military Commissions Act, which violates the right of trial by jury, the so-called "Patriot" Act, the RealID act, and other laws that endanger your freedom.

I will order all Executive branch employees to comply enthusiastically with all Congressional requests for documents and testimony.

Torture is a felony. Under a Phillies Administration, torturers will be despised prison convicts, not honored Federal employees.

I want Uncle Sam out of your bedroom and out of your private life. Uncle Sam should care whether his soldiers shoot straight, not whether they are straight. Uncle Sam has no legitimate role in the abortion issue, and neither does your state government...

Jim Burns (http://www.jimburnsforpresident.com/)

On the day I become President, I will order all United States military forces home (in an economic and safe way). I will maintain our forces within the United States with the overwhelming ability to protect the people within the United States.
Thanks to the blessings of the Second Amendment, we will be able to keep America safe from any foreign invasion and drastically reduce the size and expense of the military.

I will adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy that includes free trade and the peace, prosperity, and progress that free trade brings.

On that day, I will abolish the personal Income Tax.

On that day, I will abolish the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Education, and the Department of Labor.

On the day I become President, I will abolish the FEC, DEA, EPA, OSHA, and the rest of federal government's alphabet nonsense.

I will make "Social Security" and Medicare/Medicaid voluntary.

I will abolish legal tender laws.

Registration for the draft will be abolished.

Then I'll rest for an hour or so, then I'll go to some parties: On the day I become President.

When I am President, I will limit the size and scope of the federal government to its proper role of protecting our rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Libertarian Party Presidential Candidates (http://www.lp.org/libertydecides/alpha.html)

Unspun
01-28-2008, 02:30 AM
RP VP Thread #561321656456126312312645

hueylong
01-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Another waste of time post.

cageybee
01-28-2008, 03:06 AM
mike gravel

nebulous
01-28-2008, 03:11 AM
RP VP Thread #561321656456126312312645

I think this number is the amount of our National debt with a dollar sign in front and some commas.

$561,321,656,456,126,312,312,645