PDA

View Full Version : Money bombs, Schmoney bombs....the Gold Rush needs even MORE!

ddoggphx
01-28-2008, 02:10 AM
Ok, ok...yes money bombs are INCREDIBLY important...they sure are. However, there is one thing that is MORE important than donating money...it is donating time.

PRECINCT LEADERS ARE THE KEY TO WINNING THIS ELECTION!!!

The Gold Rush isn't only for 5 million dollars...please look at the site. They are also asking for 25,000 precinct leaders by February 5th, up from almost 13,000 now.

And you know what?? THAT SUCKS!!!

There are 180,000 princincts in this country!!! We only have people calling and canvassing in 13,000 of them.

AND LOOK WHAT WE HAVE DONE SO FAR!!

Please, spend as much time and effort in recruiting precinct leaders as we do in promoting money bombs. Precinct leaders get out the vote...they are KEY to winning elections. Let's get at least 50,000 for the good doctor by Feb 5th! And you know what...I still think that is too few. But at least it is one of those "over the top" goals that we Paulunteers love to shoot for.

My wife and I plan on WINNING our precinct for Ron Paul. Do you plan on winning your precinct for him?

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

Royksopp
01-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Some 80% of the forum members are precinct leaders I think.

Spread the word outside this forum.

ddoggphx
01-28-2008, 02:19 AM
Some 80% of the forum members are precinct leaders I think.

Spread the word outside this forum.

That's a little bit of my point. We have tons of people promoting URLs for money bombs, and even arguments about which money bomb URL is better/first/blahblahblah. However, we aren't treating the precinct leader drive the same way...yet the main campaign has set a goal of 25,000 PLs by Feb 5th.

I am not someone who can organize a nice chipin site or web campaign to raise awareness about this...but since I've seen TONS of things about money bombs I assume there are people who can elevate the PL cry from HQ and bring it to the forefront.

Let's put it this way...5.1 million for Dr. Paul's anniversary would be AMAZING. But 51,000 PLs nationwide would be far more impressive....and would have far greater impact.

I have yet to see a drive to recruit PLs like we have with money bombs. That's where I'm going with this. Let's get our money bomb minds thinking up ways to double and triple our PL numbers. And you know what? If we do that, I guarantee you the money bombs will be even MORE successful.

newyearsrevolution08
01-28-2008, 02:45 AM
Use the method I am using for the feb 1st money bomb on getting more precinct leaders as well. Check the thread below. The best people to get to become precinct leaders are those who are meetup members already. Now all you need to do is make them ACCOUNTABLE for it like I am doing with SHOWING the meetup groups that actually are supporting the money bomb.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=103290

You could do the same thing but for precinct leaders, maybe use a specific email address as the "referral link" so you can keep track of it as well AND be able to make people accountable...... Call people on their b.s. and you will soon see a big SPIKE in ACTUAL activity.

Keep at it and dont give up no matter what, just remember that we are lazy lazy creatures by nature and most would rather pull out a credit card and charge $500 then to walk around the block handing out flyers. Pretty sad I know, so find a way to change that attitude that many have and you might have something.....

ddoggphx
01-28-2008, 02:50 AM
Hey, I really, really like that personal accountability concept.

I'd love to see a site that tracks that.

I also fear that the campaign was waaay to late in rolling out the PL program, what with Super Tuesday around the corner already.