PDA

View Full Version : Lest we forget...

USAF Vet Dan
01-27-2008, 11:01 PM
To those 40%+ of Americans who, whether by apathy or ignorance, no longer see the Iraq Occupation as a "major issue": You have turned your backs on our troops by blindly accepting the sacrifice of their lives in an illegal occupation of a foreign nation resulting from an unconstitutional invasion based on intentional lies spun by the main stream media to appear necessary for our safety.

So I have taken it upon myself, in my own small way, to do what the MSM conveniently refuses to do. Below is a list of the 31 soldiers who have died in Iraq so far this month. Taking a couple of minutes to read their names is but a small sacrifice of your time. They sacrificed a hell of a lot more for you. As you read their names and how they died, think of how their families' lives have been changed forever.

The surge didn't work worth a damn for them.

Read my entire article (http://www.nolanchart.com/article1478.html) in Nolan Chart. Please repost this link. Its the least you can do for the 31 soldiers who died in Iraq this month.

SeekLiberty
01-27-2008, 11:18 PM
To those 40%+ of Americans who, whether by apathy or ignorance, no longer see the Iraq Occupation as a "major issue": You have turned your backs on our troops by blindly accepting the sacrifice of their lives in an illegal occupation of a foreign nation resulting from an unconstitutional invasion based on intentional lies spun by the main stream media to appear necessary for our safety.

So I have taken it upon myself, in my own small way, to do what the MSM conveniently refuses to do. Below is a list of the 31 soldiers who have died in Iraq so far this month. Taking a couple of minutes to read their names is but a small sacrifice of your time. They sacrificed a hell of a lot more for you. As you read their names and how they died, think of how their families' lives have been changed forever.

The surge didn't work worth a damn for them.

Read my entire article (http://www.nolanchart.com/article1478.html) in Nolan Chart. Please repost this link. Its the least you can do for the 31 soldiers who died in Iraq this month.

Thanks for posting this. I read your full article. Very thoughtful. I won't forget that there are another 31 devastated lives of the families of these brave soldiers.

"I shall not forget you, my brothers."

Neither will I. R.I.P.

- SL

Dave Pedersen
01-27-2008, 11:21 PM
31 died in Iraq. During the same time based on averages 480 committed suicide stateside.

Thank you for helping us remember.

RockEnds
01-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks Dan.

It's a shame that John McCain turned his back on his brothers in arms by sealing their records and their fate to save his career. It's no less a shame that the American people have forgotten that real Americans are still deployed and dying in an unconstitutional, aggressive war without end because John McCain says the 'surge is working'.

Fortunately, there are a few good men like Dr. Paul who aren't afraid to keep the topic in the forefront of American political discussion every chance they get.

USAF Vet Dan
01-28-2008, 09:05 AM
31 died in Iraq. During the same time based on averages 480 committed suicide stateside.

Thanks for bringing the suicide rate to light. When you add up the deaths, suicides, disabling physical and mental injuries, and the costs (monetary and to our country's reputation), the overall cost of Bush's little excursion to the Middle East is staggering... mind-numbing... appalling.

I'm as pissed as I am sad. The next time some @sshole accuses me of not supporting the troops by not supporting the occupation, I'm going to come unglued.

asgardshill
01-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Bush Derangement Syndrome BUMP!

Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
Bush does! Bush does!

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
Bush does! Bush does!

Who keeps back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
Bush does! Bush does!

Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
Bush does! Bush does!

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks for bringing the suicide rate to light. When you add up the deaths, suicides, disabling physical and mental injuries, and the costs (monetary and to our country's reputation), the overall cost of Bush's little excursion to the Middle East is staggering... mind-numbing... appalling.

I'm as pissed as I am sad. The next time some @sshole accuses me of not supporting the troops by not supporting the occupation, I'm going to come unglued.

Thanks Dan and I'd like to thank all service members and vets for their service to our country. I salute you.

I live in a navy town and hear all the time about how I don't support the troops because I don't support the war. It is everything I can do to not come unglued. The worst was a young mother toting 3 children under the age of 5 who got in my face and screamed at me that her husband was fighting for my freedom. How twisted is that? I want her children to have an alive and undamaged father; but I "don't support the troops". *sigh*

When hannity came to our town in the fall, we "Ron Paul People" got publicly accused on our local talk radio show of being rude and disrespectful to him, after some good-natured, two-way heckling. I wrote to the host that I didn't think any amount of "rudeness" was out of line when people were DYING and GETTING MAIMED in Iraq and Afghanistan and that a$$hole was calling for more of it. (why don't they all send THEIR kids if they think this war is so wonderful?????????)

This has to be THE most frustrating part of trying to wake people up. I wish I had answers...

USAF Vet Dan
01-28-2008, 03:12 PM
This has to be THE most frustrating part of trying to wake people up. I wish I had answers...

Even though I've been "enlightened" for 20 years now, I am still amazed at the Elite propaganda's power of brainwashing. Its like some critical brain function has been cauterized in those like the lady to whom your refer. Evidence that power over our government has been stolen from We, the People abounds... it is everywhere. But the majority of the masses remain brain-numbed - oblivious to the blatant signs that are EVERYWHERE!

They remind me of the "masses" in this clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9PQ16KVntQ).

Dave Pedersen
01-28-2008, 03:18 PM
5 more died in a roadside blast today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080128/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

USAF Vet Dan
01-28-2008, 06:12 PM
They remind me of the "masses" in this clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9PQ16KVntQ).

Actually, I like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h3G-lMZxjo&NR=1) version better :D

USAF Vet Dan
01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
5 more died in a roadside blast today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080128/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

I looked at the amount of media coverage of this story. It barely made the headlines.

XNavyNuke
01-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I looked at the amount of media coverage of this story. It barely made the headlines.

The surge is working, don't cha know? Can't have anything mess up that rosy picture!

XNN

HOLLYWOOD
01-28-2008, 06:38 PM

Where's McCain quoting how well the Surge has worked for Military Members... see, John McCain has been in Washington DC for 25 years now, that being said, when you continue to lie, so much and for so long... you start to believe your own bullsh*t and you figure and expect everyone else to start believing it all.

John INSANE McCain's little trips over to Iraq were just using the military for his own political advantage to propel his presidential run... his THANKSGIVING Trip was a major PR stunt and cost the TAXPAYERS millions in resources so he could be filmed in the Baghdad Market.

He could of spent all his time visiting all the different branches of the military, spending Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, etc, with the personnel, if he was truly concerned... what a SCUMBAG!

HOW'S THAT FOR USING THE TAXPAYER MONEY WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE CAMPAIGN MONEY?

IF that's not enough... take a look at GOVERNMENT TRACK = McCAIN's VOTING RECORD is RATED: Extremely Poor relative to peers

here's the link on McCain voting:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=300071 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=300071)

Another scumbag TACTIC John McCain has used: When a SENATE BILL Appears to be passing or failing by a substantial MARGIN, HE CHANGES HIS VOTE, prior to the voting window closing. MANY POLITICANS are starting to do this and the only way you can tract it is video taping and replaying the proceedings.

tomveil
01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
The next time some @sshole accuses me of not supporting the troops by not supporting the occupation, I'm going to come unglued.

Last night I went out to get my car from the parking lot, and there was one of those "Support the Troops" ribbons over my Ron Paul bumper sticker. I was going to throw it away, but then realized I could do better. I put it just above the bumper sticker and turned it so the words now read:

Support Our Troops
Ron Paul for President '08

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Even though I've been "enlightened" for 20 years now, I am still amazed at the Elite propaganda's power of brainwashing. Its like some critical brain function has been cauterized in those like the lady to whom your refer. Evidence that power over our government has been stolen from We, the People abounds... it is everywhere. But the majority of the masses remain brain-numbed - oblivious to the blatant signs that are EVERYWHERE!

Agree. Sad and scary. Most people just refuse to see what's right in front of their faces. I could tell you many stories of people literally putting their hands over their ears if I try to enlighten them.

The good news is that more and more people are waking up and that keeps me sane. Even my formerly totally non-political husband, who has made fun of me for years for talking about all this "conspiracy stuff", now sees it loud and clear. It was the blatant medial blackout of Ron Paul that made a believer out of him.

I guess we just need to stick together and keep at it, one person at a time. Hopefully, that snowball will keep growing.