njandrewg
08-03-2007, 10:24 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sjuEdJ0DAGc

Bergie Bergeron
08-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks !

Cunningham
08-03-2007, 11:03 AM
I wish Ron Paul would point out that Lasik eye surgery and Plastic Surgery have dropped in price quite a bit and they generally aren't covered by insurance. It might help to illustrate his point about government intervention driving up prices.

shadowhooch
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I wish Ron Paul would point out that Lasik eye surgery and Plastic Surgery have dropped in price quite a bit and they generally aren't covered by insurance. It might help to illustrate his point about government intervention driving up prices.

Yes. I agree with Ron Paul's answers. But you are right. I think he needs to explain it in a more concise way and give good examples.

I really believe he can hit a home run on this question. But sometimes his broad intellect gets in the way of driving home the answer with the average viewer. He's got several bullets he could fire:

1) Name all the legislation he has tried to pass to allow tax free healthcare for the individual. (see ronpaullibrary.org if you don't know what I'm talking about)

2) Pound the fact that government created the HMOs and that ALL of the medical costs of Corporations are currently tax deductible.

3) Give personal examples of how free market healthcare and savings accounts work. I like your examples of Lasik and Plastic surgery.

4) Explain how poor people will be treated. (This one is the most important).

He's SO CLOSE. I understand his answers. I just wish he could make it more clear and simple for others to understand.:o

Birdlady
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I would like to see Ron Paul talk about how the FDA shuts down natural health techniques in all the while giving pharmaceutical companies free reign in our government and our lives.

These companies are immune to our laws. Then you have brilliant people who have created salves, treatments, or procedures that cures cancer that get raided by SWAT teams!!

Health care really gets me angry. Ron Paul's solution is great, but people don't understand it. Going to the doctor and getting a pill is not health care. WE just have a really awful mindset in this country with doctors.

ThePieSwindler
08-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I would like to see Ron Paul talk about how the FDA shuts down natural health techniques in all the while giving pharmaceutical companies free reign in our government and our lives.

These companies are immune to our laws. Then you have brilliant people who have created salves, treatments, or procedures that cures cancer that get raided by SWAT teams!!

Health care really gets me angry. Ron Paul's solution is great, but people don't understand it. Going to the doctor and getting a pill is not health care. WE just have a really awful mindset in this country with doctors.

Agreed- he talks about health freedom. Right now, the Triad of pharma, insurance, and HMOs have an integrated monopoly. Alternative medicine is essentially OUTLAWED! People have no real health freedom, so the pharmaceutical companies can charge whatever they want because the FDA essentially ensure that they have a monopoly through "regulations".

wbbgjr
08-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Ron Paul is really smart. Too smart for the average person. He needs to start using words that the average person can connect with.

For example, instead of saying socialized health care, he should say National Healthcare. He just needs to point out that our current system encourages people to make needless visits to the doctors and the hospitals to charge the maximum. National Healthcare will only exacerbate that problem.

Birdlady
08-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Agreed- he talks about health freedom. Right now, the Triad of pharma, insurance, and HMOs have an integrated monopoly. Alternative medicine is essentially OUTLAWED! People have no real health freedom, so the pharmaceutical companies can charge whatever they want because the FDA essentially ensure that they have a monopoly through "regulations".

Yes. I am glad there is another person out there that just gets really fired up when I hear about health care.

My sister was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few months ago. She is 26 years old with a 17 month old son. She was feared mongered into getting chemo and radiation. Now she is being told that she needs to be on meds because she had a seizure the other day. Natural health techniques could be used in this case and she would not have any of these problems. She is on all these pills to counteract one another. It is soo screwed up...

I think that aspartame (all artificial sweeteners) caused her tumor in the first place! Those companies are given unlimited protections by the FDA!!! Everyone in those companies and in the FDA should be arrested and tried for treason...:mad:

So back to my point. Our health care system is totally screwed up. Going to the docs and getting a pill is not what health care should be. Doctors no longer know anything. I know more about health than my doctor does!

The only times I have gotten help is when I did my own research and helped myself through natural techniques. The only thing I have got from a doctor is a stress headache because they know nothing!

goldenequity
08-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Audio Posted:

August 3, 2007 - Ron Paul Youtube Campaign Feature Week Day 3 of 7 (5 min)
Healthcare

HERE (http://ronpaulaudio.com/index.html#new)

maiki
08-03-2007, 03:28 PM
For example, instead of saying socialized health care, he should say National Healthcare. He just needs to point out that our current system encourages people to make needless visits to the doctors and the hospitals to charge the maximum. National Healthcare will only exacerbate that problem.

But Socialized Healthcare is what it is. Words like "universal" or "national" healthcare are deceiving. They emphasize the "for everyone" part without mentioning how we have to pay for everyone's health care, as if the money grew on trees (which is sort of does right now... but that is another topic :p ). Socialized implies we tax you more to pay for the same services for everyone.

I think you are underestimating the public by saying they need things "dumbed down" to understand. People understand better without Newspeak being shoved down their throats at every opportunity. Those words used to promote socialized medicine are intentionally vague.

LibertyEagle
08-03-2007, 05:11 PM
My sister was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few months ago. She is 26 years old with a 17 month old son. She was feared mongered into getting chemo and radiation. Now she is being told that she needs to be on meds because she had a seizure the other day. Natural health techniques could be used in this case and she would not have any of these problems. She is on all these pills to counteract one another. It is soo screwed up...

Oh geez, Birdlady. I'm sorry. :(