PDA

View Full Version : Project - Birmingham

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Alabama is the place to wake America up. We have been approaching the canvass wrong. Freedom is sold while doing what people love: while they are doing what they hate, freedom is only a bitter reminder.

Ron Paul needs to be the center of an event that starts and does not stop. Have pool tournaments for freedom. Hold events with local musicians and stack the deck with people passionate about Ron Paul. Schedule LAN parties and game tournaments and half the people there can't shut up about Ron Paul.

Hold children's event parties at parks, and draw families with parents. Have something they will legitimately enjoy, but staff it with chatty Ron Paul people.

Hold seniors conferences where we give them information they will need, and they have a forum to air their concerns and grievances with the public.

Make a set of events that address the entire strata of society, and build up the anticipation/hype (pool tournament, bingo tournaments, concerts and art showings) and bring Ron Paul up on the table for discussion. Then on the weekend, you have an "ideologic bomb" where the events actually happen, and then people vote on Tuesday.

It would be better to have a month, but a week will do. build up maybe 5-7 major events to attract "Alabama" as a whole. Staff all the events with passionate Ron Paul people who couldn't shut their mouths about him if they wanted to.

"Freedom for America Event"

What do you think?

bucfish
01-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Yes and we also should get newspaper ads and editorials in ALL local Alabama Papers!!!

Sey.Naci
01-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Your ideas are spot on. ALWAYS accentuate the positive.

It's all about associating mood and emotion with a name. Messages carrying a negative point, on what's wrong, will get associated with the messenger.

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2008, 10:10 PM
OK, do we have any Alabama APA contacts?
How about people into the music scene?
Art fanatics?

Come on Alabama folk, declare your passion!

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2008, 10:52 PM
who here is in Alabama, and how could we reach your scene?

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Only one person has an opinion on the "Freedom for America" event?

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2008, 03:59 PM
anybody else want to weigh in on this?

btwilli1
01-28-2008, 04:07 PM
BUMP, where y'at Alabama?

austin356
01-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Glen, Alabama just is not the same as it was not a short while ago. We need more leaders. The people of Birmingham relied too much on Shana and I and now that we have resigned the metro area has turned cold. If we want future "freedom events" we need to find some activists (who don't scare off potential freedom lovers) who actually live in Jeff Co or Shelby Co. Tuscaloosa county cannot keep providing the organization and organizers for Birmingham.

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2008, 06:06 PM
btwilli1 - I am at Tuscaloosa and Northport for the time being. 8-)

Austin - I hear you! In NC, SC, and AL there were always some folks who did a lot and some who didn't. I just want to convey to people who are pure grassroots, having never been involved with HQ not for a minute, that they can do what they need to without waiting for leadership.

If there is a guy in Birmingham associated with an APA Pool league, then HE can go ahead and set up a "Freedom in America" Pool tournament without waiting on any leadership. Just come get some lit and ask for volunteers amongst the grassroots.

All I'm saying is we can't keep waiting for HQ. Sure, we need to meet or exceed our canvass quotas, but beyond that there are hundreds of other things we can do to wake people up. And if there is a guy, who lives in Birmingham, and wants to set up a pool tournament to promote Ron Paul, he should just DO it. We can help with some lit, but I want everyone in Alabama to understand, if you have a good idea, do it. Like the blimp - they didn't clear the blimp through NHQ, some guy got an idea and just DID it.

We can too! 8-)