PDA

View Full Version : why doesnt ron hire this guy??????

scandinaviany3
01-27-2008, 08:05 PM
http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Hillsman_Bill_213766132.aspx

hueylong
01-27-2008, 08:06 PM
It has become pretty clear that Dr. Paul isn't going to hire people that he isn't familiar with.

It seems to be a trust issue. And given what's at stake -- frankly, I don't blame him.

uncloned21
01-27-2008, 08:07 PM
why should he?

LibertyEagle
01-27-2008, 08:09 PM
why should he?

Because he is good.

constituent
01-27-2008, 08:10 PM
north woods advertising....????

where'd i put my hat?

hueylong
01-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Northwoods is pretty good. They've worked on some cool campaigns -- particularly Jesse Ventura.

But still -- Dr. P isn't likely to step too far outside his circle. Too easy for someone who isn't a real Paulite to take the job, then pull some high-profile embarrassing stunt. It's happened before, and Dr. P is right to be cautious.

yongrel
01-27-2008, 08:15 PM
I suspect because folks like Dondero have put a bad taste in his mouth.

LibertyEagle
01-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Northwoods is pretty good. They've worked on some cool campaigns -- particularly Jesse Ventura.

But still -- Dr. P isn't likely to step too far outside his circle. Too easy for someone who isn't a real Paulite to take the job, then pull some high-profile embarrassing stunt. It's happened before, and Dr. P is right to be cautious.

You mean like putting a statement in an ad about not allowing student visas from terrorist nations? Like that? :p

Seriously, the campaign has final sign-off of any ads, so if they do their jobs, I don't see how hiring people who know political advertising could hurt them. But, that's just my opinion.

LibertyEagle
01-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I suspect because folks like Dondero have put a bad taste in his mouth.

What does Dondero have to do with this advertising agency?

literatim
01-27-2008, 08:17 PM
You mean like putting a statement in an ad about not allowing student visas from terrorist nations? Like that? :p

Seriously, the campaign has final sign-off of any ads, so if they do their jobs, I don't see how hiring people who know political advertising could hurt them. But, that's just my opinion.

I wouldn't call that embarrassing, I would call that Ron Paul's position since 9/11.

scandinaviany3
01-27-2008, 08:17 PM
CNN just showed northwood was one of the advertising groups that was shown as a top national political group for campaigns and groups to go to for commercials to create those contrast ads, that drive free media, drive down opponents and bring people to the lead when done correctly such as with humor, comedy, other ways....but got to get the message into peoples minds.

TexMac
01-27-2008, 08:22 PM
http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Hillsman_Bill_213766132.aspx

If he's good, he's probably already been hired by another campaign.

scandinaviany3
01-27-2008, 08:27 PM
doesnt hurt to check

hueylong
01-27-2008, 08:31 PM
No -- he hasn't. There was some contact with him by the grassroots about a month ago.

But as posted previously -- Dr. Paul isn't likely to go too far from his inner circle. And he just announced a new media director -- YESTERDAY.

TexMac
01-27-2008, 09:07 PM
No -- he hasn't. There was some contact with him by the grassroots about a month ago.

But as posted previously -- Dr. Paul isn't likely to go too far from his inner circle. And he just announced a new media director -- YESTERDAY.

A new media director who was the Texas State Coordinator day before yesterday.:rolleyes:

Oh, well, at least there IS a media director now.

hueylong
01-27-2008, 09:10 PM
The point was that we have a brand new media director. Not likely to go looking for another one at this point...

TexMac
01-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Would it be possible to hire a person like this just to make some ads? Like. our brand spankin' new media director could hire North Woods to produce really snazzy ads?

DRSANGLE
01-27-2008, 09:20 PM
I think the attitude of letting someone else or thinking someone else is going to take care of the job for all the rest of us is why this country is in as much trouble as it is.

This is not about Ron Paul is going to go and save all of us, cure all the ills of not having tended the garden for years.

At some point, now point there are more weeds than garden. This is about all of us and what freedom really requires. We are have a piece of our garden to tend.

Best get on with it and stop thinking there is a magic bullet. We are the magic bullet or at least the bullets.

hueylong
01-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Dr. Paul just hired a media director to make ads. That sink in yet?

TexMac
01-27-2008, 09:25 PM
What, he's going to shoot ads in his office? They hire people to make the actual ads. At least other campaigns do. Didn't you see that stink over Romney hiring an ad company that had worked for Julie?

hueylong
01-27-2008, 09:31 PM
The dude he hired produces ads. That's what he does. They're not going to hire BIll Hillman.