PDA

View Full Version : We need $3,000 to reach over 5 million commuters!

ronpaulbillboards
01-27-2008, 05:44 PM
We have raised over $3,100 so far of our goal $6,000. This will cover the costs of leasing both billboards for 30 days and the production costs of 4 sheets of vinyl. We factored in a $1,000 for the installation but the actual quote is higher than we expected. There is a single contractor with the right truck and ladder to do this job. We are still waiting for a call back to negotiate the price of the installation of 4 sheets of vinyl. Our goal needs to be reached by Feb. 1st to ensure we have the billboard up for a good 30 day run before the primary. We have enough to contract the vinyls to be produced. But we don't want to start that until we are sure we can make this goal by weeks end. It would be a waste of money and vinyl since the sizes of these billboards are not as widely used such as 14 x 48. Once we have raised the goal we will have more leverage to negotiate with the owner of the billboard and the installation contractors. Since we are local, having cash money to pay with in person could help us bring the price down on this project.

Please visit ronpaulbillboards.com (http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com) and contribute towards our Austin, Texas Billboard Campaign to reach millions.

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPAustinI35.JPG

Austin, Texas Billboard Campaign

We can reach over 5 million people in 4 weeks!

The Texas primary is March 4th. We have located a prime location for a Ron Paul Billboard off the heavily traveled I-35 corridor. The billboard faces North bound traffic and is split into two sections 9x30 and 9x30, it is also front and back which is a big plus. The location is on the upper deck split of I-35, which is next to the Capitol, downtown and the University of Texas. The advantage of using a billboard off the upper deck is that since it's elevated there are no other eye catching objects within view. Another plus is that the South bound traffic will also see it since there are no other obstructions in their view. The traffic bogs down from 7am to 9am and from 3pm to 7pm so people will be at a slow pace or stand still to view this billboard. We will use the top billboard to display one of our designs with 3 key issues and use the bottom sign for the primary date and Ron Paul 2008 in the biggest font to ensure drivers see it. With this location we will not only reach locals but also interstate commuters passing through. The daily commuter circulation is 250,000 so we will reach a large number of people versus the cost of the ads. Visit ronpaulbillboards.com and contribute to our campaign and we can do our part to expand awareness of Ron Paul and his message of liberty.

Contribute to our Texas Billboard campaign at ronpaulbillboards.com

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

FSP-Rebel
01-27-2008, 05:59 PM
You just can't beat the location and the volume of daily traffic... Mega-bump

ronpaulbillboards
01-27-2008, 08:19 PM
http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPI35Back2.JPG

Very rough design concept for billboard facing far side of highway.

"Legalize The Constitution" "Vote Ron Paul"

It will include primary date, phone number and website.

We believe the "Legalize The Constitution" statement sums up Ron Paul's campaign. The wordage and format will attract the eyes of the commuters especially in Austin with the word "legalize".
We are still working out the design for the oncoming traffic.

Harold

Ilhaguru
01-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Just make sure you're using some colors not just the black.

BreakYourChains
01-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Bump

FSP-Rebel
01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Warning: most people are lazy and may not look up our positions via the website. I hope the other side highlights a few issues. I think it should be mentioned that Ron is the only reliable supporter of the 2nd Amend at least... Just my $.02

Ilhaguru
01-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Might be easier to read something like this:

LEGALIZE THE

CONSTITUTION

VOTE RON PAUL

RONPAUL2008.COM

ronpaulbillboards
01-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Warning: most people are lazy and may not look up our positions via the website. I hope the other side highlights a few issues. I think it should be mentioned that Ron is the only reliable supporter of the 2nd Amend at least... Just my $.02

We will use black background and white letters for an attention getter for the top billboard.
The bottom will have the red, whit and blue strip and primary dates, website and phone number.

The oncoming traffic design will be different, have a picture of Ron Paul and at least 3 key issues with black background and red, white and blue

Ilhaguru
01-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Ok, cool.

ronpaulbillboards
01-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah this is a rough design, we are working on colors and fonts that will work best from a distance. I like the red white and blue letters, keep the suggestions coming

Texan4Life
01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
be sure to say he is republican.

bump

ronpaulbillboards
01-27-2008, 08:44 PM
It says GOP on the Far side, we need to have a compact statement for the far side of the freeway because they will not be able to read a lot of info. We are still working this design and we have to be conscious about what will catch the attention of drivers across the highway.
The design for oncoming traffic will say Republican

Knightskye
01-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Using the "NAFTA Superhighway" to stop it. I like it! :D

FSP-Rebel
01-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Using the "NAFTA Superhighway" to stop it. I like it! :D
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the highway thing. That's another key issue that I think Texans would be thoroughly in line with. Didn't the state legislature kill any further highway development or something?

ronpaulbillboards
01-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes!

We need to launch billboard by Feb 5th at the earliest to ensure we have a 30 day run.
I'm going to send off final designs for print this week to make this happen.
We need everyone to join this so we can make this happen. With the number of people that frequent this forum it is very achievable. We don't need hundreds of thousands to make this happen.

Please visit ronpaulbillboards and contribute to our Austin, Texas Billboard Campaign to reach over 5 million people with $3,000 dollars. You can't beat that bang for buck.

Harold

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 07:29 AM
bump!

maghi85
01-28-2008, 07:49 AM
say something like "ABOLISH INCOME TAX" vote for RP..
or "BRING TROOPS HOME" vote for RP
cuz all the other scum bags hide behind the constitution as well

JDM
01-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Count me in for $50

JDM
01-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Bump

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 11:57 AM
bump!

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Final design concepts our graphic team is working on

Design for upper billboard facing traffic across the highway. The 1-877-Ron-Paul phone number will be added as well

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/legalize.JPG
Bottom Billboard
http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPbottom2.JPG

Billboard facing oncoming traffic

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/VoteRP.JPG
Bottom Billboard
http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPbottom2.JPG

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 06:10 PM
bump!

NerveShocker
01-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Great idea and work.. Come on everyone.. this is 3000$ dollars we're talking about... this is a drop in the bucket. Let's get the money for this already!

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
1st step

we need a $1,000 to secure the lease for the 2 billboards.