PDA

View Full Version : Should I still sign up (Precinct Leader)??

Michigan11
01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm in Michigan, and the primary is over, as we know, but should I still sign up to become a precinct leader?

What about those in other states, who have already voted...NH, Iowa, and Wyoming?

The precinct program was just getting started, I believe about 2 weeks before the Michigan primary, so alot of us were busy hitting the streets canvassing, and are unsure about signing up now...Please comment -Thx

tsetsefly
01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
just for the numbers i would say yes.

freedom-maniac
01-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Bump, I would like to know.

LandonCook
01-27-2008, 05:08 PM
it wouldn't hurt!

WilliamC
01-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Contact the campaign HQ and ask if there is any benefit to them for your doing this.

angrydragon
01-27-2008, 05:11 PM
If you do sign up, help with these districts. I'm not sure what districts have been taken already though.

Originally posted by Thomas_Paine of OLFD.

"Winning delegates in California, A California District Strategy.

California has 53 Congressional Districts, each District has 3 delegates REGARDLESS of the proportion of Dems and Reps in that district. This means that districts with extremely low amounts of Republicans can easily be "taken over" through precinct canvassing. The following are districts have a small minority of Republicans: 1st, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31th, 32th, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 38th, 39th, 51st. If you live in California or plan to volunteer there, please choose precincts within the above districts, or your efforts may be largely wasted."

nc4rp
01-27-2008, 05:13 PM
is michigan done? totally? id become a precinct leader in Montana or somewhere and start calling from the precinct leader call list.

Rob
01-27-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm in Michigan, and the primary is over, as we know, but should I still sign up to become a precinct leader?

What about those in other states, who have already voted...NH, Iowa, and Wyoming?

The precinct program was just getting started, I believe about 2 weeks before the Michigan primary, so alot of us were busy hitting the streets canvassing, and are unsure about signing up now...Please comment -Thx

It depends on how confident you are. If Ron gets the nomination, we'll be contacting you to essentially redo those tasks. In the very slim chance Ron goes 3rd party, we'll do the same.

peacemonger
01-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Sadly, these posts make it clear that there are a number of us here who truly do not have an understanding of the grand strategy to take out country back.

The precinct leader program is most basic building block of the Revolution. It is not limited to this year's primary at all. The precinct program is about getting the freedom lovers in the revolution out into their neighborhoods so that we can change the politics from a local level. This means that you should join so you can get a walking list and become acquainted with your community. We need boots on the ground because the major media will not be giving us any attention. We need RP supporters to become a part of their local GOP infrastructure. Often there are lots of open seats and they are open to regular Republicans. You would be surprised to learn that many of the old guard GOP members are not opposed to Ron Paul. They respect him but they just think he can't win this time. This is part of a grand strategy to move the party in the direction of freedom from the grassroots up. We need boots on the ground to help our local candidates get elected. We need boots on the ground so that we can reform and grow the party. We also need boots on the ground so that we can form larger voting blocks that carry more influence in local, state, and national elections.

No matter what happens this year... In 2012, the party establishment will know that no candidate can win the GOP nomination with out the Ron Paul Revolution voters. If we get the 200,000+ active precinct leaders we need, then we will be able to carry more influence in the party than the millions of evangelicals. Everyone knows that it is not possible to get the nomination without the evangelicals, veterans, tax reformers, gun rights folks, pro-lifers, etc. We can become more influential than all of them combined because we have the platform that can bring them all together. We have the fundraising ability. We have the Constitutional message that brings people together. We have an amazing internet platform developing that has increased our ability to communicate and coordinate. What we need is a system of activists who are hell bent on taking charge of their communities. Join a precinct, run for office, support others who run for office, donate to RP, donate to the grassroots chip-ins, become a member of your local GOP, become a delegate. If you do any of those things you will be helping.

One last thing, don't worry if you don't have that much time right now. Even if you can only walk 20% of your precinct because you are busy, that is still 20% more than would have gotten walked other wise. Also, just because there is a precinct leader in your precinct already, that doesn't mean you are not needed. My precinct is far too large for me to manage by myself and I WISH somebody else would sign up to help me with it. Besides, canvassing is MUCH more effective if you can partner up with somebody else. We really need at least 2 volunteers for each precinct in my opinion. But hey we have to start somewhere.

For the love Freedom, sign up!