PDA

View Full Version : NRA called

hamilton1049
01-27-2008, 04:53 PM
wanting me to support them with $150 contribution, told them I sent my $150 to support Ron Paul for president and when NRA endorses him I will consider sending them anything I can.

noztnac
01-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Awesome!

WilliamC
01-27-2008, 05:01 PM
What did they say in reply?

Recently I got a call from a right-to-life group. I spent ~10 minutes telling the gentleman about Ron Paul, his pro-life postions, how he was an OBGYN who had delivered more than 4,000 babies, and how all my spare money was going to fund his campaign.

The gentleman was interested in learning about Ron Paul even though he didn't get the donation he was after.

hamilton1049
01-27-2008, 05:39 PM
What did they say in reply?

Recently I got a call from a right-to-life group. I spent ~10 minutes telling the gentleman about Ron Paul, his pro-life postions, how he was an OBGYN who had delivered more than 4,000 babies, and how all my spare money was going to fund his campaign.

The gentleman was interested in learning about Ron Paul even though he didn't get the donation he was after.

He thanked me for my time and hung up.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-27-2008, 06:05 PM
He thanked me for my time and hung up.

You should've asked why they didn't support HR 1703.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h109-1703

FSP-Rebel
01-27-2008, 06:43 PM
I've come to see the NRA as a hunting club only. They sure as hell don't understand the original concepts behind the 2nd Amendment. All they do is frighten people outta their money by complaining about the dems in congress all the while promoting neo-cons. They're controlled opp and an endless moneypit.

tcindie
01-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Except maybe for Heston.. he seems to have a good handle on the 2nd.

youngbuck
01-28-2008, 05:59 AM
I've come to see the NRA as a hunting club only. They sure as hell don't understand the original concepts behind the 2nd Amendment. All they do is frighten people outta their money by complaining about the dems in congress all the while promoting neo-cons. They're controlled opp and an endless moneypit.

Yep, that's why when I recently went looking at all the pro-gun organizations for a life membership, and decided to go with Gun Owners of America (GOA)! :)

Tugboat1988
01-28-2008, 11:22 AM

After the NRA organized the ILA they began to understand that if solutions were reached ILA wouldn't have a life nor would it create contributions. So, they kept the debate going so contributions could be promoted by fear of loss. For other gun rights organizations, the temptations is quite real as well. GOA and the Second Amendment Foundation are much better but still they don't want to stand solid on definition. However, after many letters from this life member, I did see GOA mention that the 2nd is a ban on govenment powers. I decided not to send in my life membership after that.

These gun rights organizations are not stupid. They can read the definition of the word "infringed" but that would not bring in the donations.

BTW, "Infringe" - to break (a law or pact) - infringe on (or upon) to encroach on (the rights, etc. of others).

The US Constitution is a pact and fundamental Law which regulates government. There is ample evidence that the Bill of Righs (all ten articles) was required to make the Constitution acceptable, and it still is. As the Resolution of the first Congress reads "that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added..." Those restrictions apply to government, not individuals. That alone should end the debate with undeniable conclusion as the document is a pact.

Tugboat

Joe3113
01-28-2008, 11:34 AM
The NRA is controlled opposition. Note that the establishment candidates use the NRA's support as justification when they vote to restrict 2nd amendment rights.

youngbuck
01-29-2008, 03:07 AM
However, after many letters from this life member, I did see GOA mention that the 2nd is a ban on govenment powers. I decided not to send in my life membership after that.

What do you mean when they said the 2nd is a ban on government powers? In essence it is, because it's secures the individuals rights which are inherently opposite to governmental powers. I'm pretty interested, cause I'm a GOA life member... :confused:

TruckinMike
01-29-2008, 08:03 PM

Yep.

Go GOA! Go JPFO! Go Second Amendment Sisters!!

TMike

Dr.3D
01-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Yes, I'm also a GOA member. :)

Truth-Bringer
02-02-2008, 06:13 PM
wanting me to support them with $150 contribution, told them I sent my $150 to support Ron Paul for president and when NRA endorses him I will consider sending them anything I can.

ROTFL! That's great. I love it. I said the same thing when the National Republican Committee called me.

But we shouldn't be supporting the NRA at all. Everyone should give any donations to the Gunowners of America. They don't compromise like the NRA.

http://www.gunowners.org

Also, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership is very good on the issue (they accept non-Jews as members):

http://www.jpfo.org

samsmom
02-02-2008, 11:32 PM
My father is a Life Member of the NRA and has been known to vote for "their" candidate becuase he is a fervent supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

Right before the Michigan primary, he called the NRA and asked them how they felt Ron Paul is on the gun control issue. They reported to him that he is quite high on their list, but that they hadn't endorsed any candidate.

Based on that, IF the weather had been good and my mobility-impaired 79 year old father felt comfortable getting out, he would have voted for him. This from a man a month ago wouldn't have even dreamed about voting for Ron Paul.

And yes, I volunteered to get him and take him to the polls, but he's stubborn.

SWATH
02-02-2008, 11:59 PM
About an hour ago a friend called me and told me he was at Shot Show in Vegas today. He said he was super pumped because he a been drinking so he got up the gumption to march right over to Wayne La Pierre an ask him why the NRA would not endorse Ron Paul. His response was because they he has voted against some of their bills, like when he voted against H.R. 1036, and that they were waiting to see who the viable candidate would be (which is completely bullshit).

Here is why by the way:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul91.html

So he told him that is why he is renouncing his life membership. Wayne and his entourage quickly scurried away.

So let me get this straight they will not endorse Ron Paul because he voted against an unconstitutional pro-gun lobby bill, but they are waiting to see which candidate to endorse between Romney, McCain, Hillary, and Obama, all of which are egregiously anti-gun?

FireofLiberty
02-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Next time the NRA holds any kind of convention or rally here I'm planning on showing up, speaking and denouncing the NRA as having sold out gun owners and cutting up my membership card right there in front of everyone.

krott5333
02-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I won't send them a dime ever again after their support of HR 2640.

Truth-Bringer
02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
I won't send them a dime ever again after their support of HR 2640.

Just make sure that you instead send the money to GOA.

Publius Freeman
02-11-2008, 11:09 PM
At this point in American history, the NRA is like the GOP in some respects...it needs to be reformed somewhat, and from the inside, as Ron Paul would say.

In a political campaign, we must never underestimate the voting power of NRA's membership base, 10's of millions strong (many of whom strongly support RP), and its ability to decide an election (especially against a gun-grabber like Hillary if she were nominated).

The enemy's wettest dream would be for the NRA to go away...the truth is, the NRA is not going away, at least not any time soon, and I for one am thankful for that. All gun rights advocate groups are good, and some are, indeed, better than others...the NRA knows that it has growing competition, but it remains the largest in America at this time.

Have you seen http://www.nravalues.org ? (NRA's Celebration of American Values)

Check out MrCain's speech (the crowd booed at length near the end).

Cynics aside, I think there is still a very good chance the NRA could endorse Ron Paul before the November election...

According to Chris Cox, Executive Director, NRA-ILA:

"This forum was not intended to serve as the springboard for an NRA endorsement in the presidential campaign. As we have historically done, we will carefully weigh every candidate's past actions and future commitments on all issues affecting the Second Amendment before making an endorsement decision."

Let's keep the faith...and keep the pressure up on all gun rights advocate groups regarding their 2008 Presidential Endorsements, especially the NRA.

"...from my cold, dead hands!" - Charlton Heston

RP2008!

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-18-2008, 10:02 AM

when i first became a gun owner i went out and joined the NRA. i promptly terminated my membership after receiving the freedom first magazine. i received a few copies even after i canceled my membership which was nice haha.

Doktor_Jeep
02-21-2008, 12:30 AM
If you want to join a real gun rights protecting group, I suggest either Gun Owners of America or the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. GOA or JPFO. The JPFO is more of a think tank than an activist group however they do great work tracking and fighting the abuses of the BATF.