PDA

View Full Version : Problem-->Reaction-->Solution - a prediction

freelance
08-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Have you guys watched the Congresscritters on TV the past 24 hours scrambling to propose solutions to our crumbling infrastructure? It's really been funny listening to them talk about how they're going to raise taxes (including a gas tax) to pay for upgrades. Someone, some pundit, even suggested that we're going to have to go the way of England, and pay a tax for USAGE. In England, they install these monitors on cars, and people pay by the mile. They are hell bent on removing any of our remaining mobility.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they will use the bridge collapse to let us know that a) we have a problem (well, DUH!), b) react with all kinds of hand wringing, and talk of raised taxes, and finally, c) propose that the SPP is the solution, i.e., since we don't have the money, how about letting Centra rebuild and just go ahead and turn all of our roads into toll roads--FOREIGN-owned toll roads.

Just wait...

LibertyEagle
08-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Someone, some pundit, even suggested that we're going to have to go the way of England, and pay a tax for USAGE. In England, they install these monitors on cars, and people pay by the mile. They are hell bent on removing any of our remaining mobility.

Yup, not to mention being able to track our every move.

All this, while we keep sending our dollars all across the world in foreign aid and the War on a tactic, rages on.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 09:42 AM
I work in Civil Engineering....and the gov already provides funding for many rehab, retrofit projects...it's agencies don't take advantage of them

freelance
08-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Yup, not to mention being able to track our every move.

I've stopped pointing it out, because everything they do is meant to track us. SIGH!

Johnnybags
08-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Now the ability to privatize major roads and bridges from abroad, effectively giving foreign entities taxing power on US citizens. I'll bet 1-9 that an offer to rebuild the bridge in Minn comes from abroad with Us politically tied constuction companies building it. Look for Australian and Spanish companies to leap forward, partnering with Goldman for financing and the massive tolls that only increase. Gauranteed.

LibertyEagle
08-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Heck, Giuliani's law firm can even help put the deal together. After all, he's up to his neck in the same thing in Texas with the Spanish company, Cintra.

Johnnybags
08-03-2007, 09:59 AM
its a scam, foreign entities are dying to tax us citizens, these scams are a back door to give them FAUX taxing piwer, The King of Spain, Rudy and certain large US construction co's are behind the charade.

freelance
08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, it didn't take long for us to figure out the scam. Now, I wonder how long until the sheeple get it.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
08-03-2007, 11:08 AM
You all must know that that collapsed bridge was in the way of a central corridor of the Nafta superhighway project? I guarantee it will be rebuilt as corridor for the superhighway.

Johnnybags
08-03-2007, 11:13 AM
and Nafta superhighways this fall, unfortunately I think they need a market crash to be able to sell Americans on it. Just the beginning of preparing us for the joys of merging.

AZ Libertarian
08-03-2007, 11:25 AM
You all must know that that collapsed bridge was in the way of a central corridor of the Nafta superhighway project? I guarantee it will be rebuilt as corridor for the superhighway.

Oh REEEEEEAAAAALLLLY!?! That though had not occurred to me.....

Patriot
08-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh REEEEEEAAAAALLLLY!?! That though had not occurred to me.....

I had not thought of that angle either.

Johnnybags
08-03-2007, 11:32 AM
I had not thought of that angle either.

It's peak rush hour on U.S. I-35, North America's busiest trade artery. International cargo is rocketing along its 1,585 miles (2,536 km.), bound for every corner of the globe. In fact, I-35 has become its own economic engine, powering unprecedented growth at every major intersection.

Stretching from Laredo, Texas, to Duluth, Minn., I-35 links the world's wealthiest continent, with US$7.5 trillion gross domestic product. And I-35 traffic is still accelerating, pushed by growing international market demands and trade barriers' rapid fall.

Five years ago, North American nations celebrated the U.S. decision to designate I-35 a "High Priority Corridor." Then, 1994's North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created a still-rising continent-wide swell in cross-border trade.

NAFTA inspired the formation of North America's Superhighway Coalition (NASCO), which aims to ease trade flows and attract more funding for I-35, dubbed by supporters "the NAFTA Superhighway."

And of course the 7.00 toll that goes with it to Spain.

Johnnybags
08-03-2007, 11:38 AM
of this? They'll go nuts.

freelance
08-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Well, yes, I did know that I-35 is the NAFTA highway. That little old low-tech thing called a map confirmed it for me.

Well, of course the "truthers" will go nuts. What's NOT to go nuts about? The TRUTH is that this is a very convenient collapse. Does that prove anything? No ... not yet.

aravoth
08-03-2007, 12:50 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=a2Rnaf9tZJbA&refer=home

A current 9 trillion dollar deficit, and an incoming entitlement debt of 40-50 trillion. Inverstors moving to china, and the largest Credit bubble in the history of the human race. Well.....I hope you all got some canned food.

Mesogen
08-03-2007, 09:36 PM
IT'S THE CORRUPTION (STUPID)

More money will just lead to fatter contractor pockets.
They cut corners and skimp and bribe inspectors.

Maybe we should start thinking about taking the Chinese approach to government corruption, hmm?

Truth Warrior
09-25-2008, 03:35 AM
Lather, rinse, repeat. :rolleyes:

bump