PDA

View Full Version : 10-15 second Ron-On commercials!

coffeewithchess
01-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I just threw these together...RP did not officially approve these, but I did it with him in it so I could see how much the audio would add to the videos...any advice is appreciated also.

Updated at 3:40pm on Monday, January 28:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR-OW-0BS-k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDXatOG3agU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6b27S4da8Y ( End the war)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWg5k4zthSg ( 3 reasons)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exNsYWBkmbE End the IRS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ2wBWNojO4 Defend America!

coffeewithchess
01-27-2008, 03:40 PM
bump

coffeewithchess
01-27-2008, 03:55 PM
bump bc new video added to list and working on more...

coffeewithchess
01-27-2008, 04:10 PM
bump again...any comments on these?

hawks4ronpaul
01-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I have not watched yet but you might want to know that Otto1882 misspelled "intellect" in his Channel Comments harangue about spelling.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Dutchie
01-27-2008, 04:23 PM
the image you use is more comic book than political campaign
more joke than serious
think sleek, professional, accomplished, smart, intelligent, issues

a cut-out image of a guy bringing the constitution back to life with
a refibulator is more of a political cartoon joke.

just a critique, i respect the fact that you are working on something
and actually made it. it has a lot of potential.

freedom-maniac
01-27-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't get it. Are they supposed to be like Head-On? (You need the website URL in there too)

coffeewithchess
01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
the image you use is more comic book than political campaign
more joke than serious
think sleek, professional, accomplished, smart, intelligent, issues

a cut-out image of a guy bringing the constitution back to life with
a refibulator is more of a political cartoon joke.

just a critique, i respect the fact that you are working on something
and actually made it. it has a lot of potential.

Thanks for the critique...if you can/will, find a picture that goes better, I will update it, I was actually working on a picture and adding, www.RonPaul2008.com, but it didn't look right.

Crickett
01-27-2008, 04:27 PM
I like the sound of the voice..it is a great voice. But the ad does not say much. I do not know if there is a way to drum up emotions in a 15 sec ad...but my idea (just now) is this. Show a picture of a GI holding a murdered child in Iraq, a shot of Arlington, and then that cartoon pic of RP holding that baby with liberty In big letters on it. Then someone saying something like NONE of these Children should die. Then a real pic of RP that says vote RP for Pres 08 and the website.
That might do it.

coffeewithchess
01-27-2008, 04:31 PM
I like the sound of the voice..it is a great voice. But the ad does not say much. I do not know if there is a way to drum up emotions in a 15 sec ad...but my idea (just now) is this. Show a picture of a GI holding a murdered child in Iraq, a shot of Arlington, and then that cartoon pic of RP holding that baby with liberty In big letters on it. Then someone saying something like NONE of these Children should die. Then a real pic of RP that says vote RP for Pres 08 and the website.
That might do it.

Nothing about the war or issues...just RP...and trying to get name recognition, we need name recognition.

coffeewithchess
01-27-2008, 04:42 PM
more critiques?

literatim
01-27-2008, 04:44 PM
suggestion: don't use them. :P

coffeewithchess
01-27-2008, 04:49 PM
suggestion: don't use them. :P

LOL, wasn't it your line I used? "Ron Paul, elect directly to the White House. Ron Paul, elect directly to the White House."

Crickett
01-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Nothing about the war or issues...just RP...and trying to get name recognition, we need name recognition.

Well..I disagree, I guess, then. Mostly because no one gets to see him on TV, and tho the name may sound familiar, it needs to associate with something to be effective (to me). If an ad does not somehow grab emotion, it does nothing, really. I think my spur of the moment idea was really a good one. The 2 first pics would cause emotion and grab attention. When showing the RP and baby liberty you could say his name with the quote..RP will let none of these children die (or whatever) Then RP again when the pic shows saying I am RP and I approve etc., with the big RP for Pres sign so it shws in writing too..imo

coffeewithchess
01-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Well..I disagree, I guess, then. Mostly because no one gets to see him on TV, and tho the name may sound familiar, it needs to associate with something to be effective (to me). If an ad does not somehow grab emotion, it does nothing, really. I think my spur of the moment idea was really a good one. The 2 first pics would cause emotion and grab attention. When showing the RP and baby liberty you could say his name with the quote..RP will let none of these children die (or whatever) Then RP again when the pic shows saying I am RP and I approve etc., with the big RP for Pres sign so it shws in writing too..imo

Maybe a picture of how much the national debt is...

magicmike
01-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I wrote a script a while back about this, required some animation and live actors. but it was more directed at youtubers that are tired of the Ron Paul spam, I'll try to look it up and post here.

magicmike
01-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok Here it is,

This is not meant as a national AD, just a humorous way to ease some tension on youtube.

Ron Paul Head-on Parody

Monotone announcer voice

FAST ZOOM IN: on spam email of Ron Paul

Ron Paul...

CARTOON ANIMATION OF EXPOSED SIDE OF HEAD

(A cartoon animation of a roll on stick that says RON PAUL and a side exposed view of the brain with 3 big gray areas that have the word apathy on them, and 3 small areas in red white and blue saying HOPE LIBERTY FREEDOM, as the applicator erases the apathy progressively through the ad the 3 other words become bigger until apathy is only a single small section.)

Apply directly to the brain.

FAST ZOOM IN: Spam post on forum

Ron Paul...

CARTOON ANIMATION OF EXPOSED SIDE OF HEAD cont.

FAST ZOOM IN: A busty women wearing a Ron Paul t-shirt

Ron Paul...

FAST ZOOM IN: A outdoor Ron Paul sign

Ron Paul...

FAST ZOOM IN: Ron Paul bumper sticker

Ron Paul...

STILL SHOT: The last screen breaks in half to reveal a angry woman with frizzed out hair & another person in the background walking up to her.

Angry woman

(Note that the first shot of this woman needs to be a hard right comedy shot to break up the rhythm, have her do a very weird scream, almost a cross between a woman in labor and a blender.)

Arrrgggggguuuuuuuhhhhhh, I hate Ron Paul and his annoying ad's and spam!

Man behind her

(Note if we find a good roto artist we could have Ron Paul himself composited in the scene.)

Yes I understand, but did you ever take the time to look him up? He wants to make America the great respected nation again, not through fear of force. but by going back to the foundation of this nation the constitution.

AT this point I had a writers block so the ending is open to whoever wants to finish it.

Crickett
01-27-2008, 05:34 PM
We are talking a 10 sec ad here--coffee..why do you not like my idea? I think it could really DO it in 10-15 sec because RP is the only one against the war. They may look at other stuff if they see that..

born2drv
01-27-2008, 05:48 PM
i think it's gay, sorry... the pic is gay... the concept is gay... and i hate those head on asswipes for spamming my TV so i would hate RP for running this ad too if he did....

just my 2c

literatim
01-27-2008, 05:55 PM
LOL, wasn't it your line I used? "Ron Paul, elect directly to the White House. Ron Paul, elect directly to the White House."

Yes, I was joking.

emk
01-27-2008, 06:07 PM
At least have something that says "REPUBLICAN FOR PRESIDENT"

kmj.ronpaul
01-27-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm the OP who originally requested the 10- and 15-second ads.

Here's what I said in my other thread:

"My ideal 10- or 15-sec spot (which probably doesn't exist!) would have the short slogan suggested by some here on RPF: (I don't know what the background would be, maybe footage of Dr. Paul.) The narration would just say: "End the war. Vote for Ron Paul. Stop our economic crisis. Vote for Ron Paul. Restore America. Vote for Ron Paul." (A 15-second spot would probably have time for one more phrase in there, e.g. "Restore our individual freedoms. Vote for Ron Paul." I would place that phrase 3rd in this list.)

I would think that if people heard this message repeated enough, they would have a very good idea of Dr. Paul's basic platform, and this might be an effective way to spread the message."

So, I do appreciate your work, coffeewithchess, but I have to agree with those who say that the picture is too cartoonish, and the message doesn't convey any useful info.

Instead, like I suggested above, I would

a) use at least one, and maybe more, "presidential"-looking photos of Dr. Paul (e.g. see the thread "What's your favorite Ron Paul picture?":
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38574&highlight=favorite ) or, even better, some video footage of Dr. Paul.

and b) use a few short but *informative* phrases, as above. We want to *inform* people about Dr. Paul's positions in a short amount of time.

kmj.ronpaul
01-27-2008, 07:17 PM
... and, I think it's unnecessary to include the "I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message" clip at the end... it takes up time, it's untrue (and, probably, we won't have a chance for him to approve it, anyway), and it doesn't add any new info to our message.

sharpsteve2003
01-27-2008, 08:52 PM
My Ron Paul head on ad

http://www.youtube.com/sharpsteve2003

coffeewithchess
01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the critiques...I just threw the ads together in about an hour this afternoon after first reading the OP about wanting a 10-15 second RP ad...I'll be working on improvements...also, the only reason I added RP at the end saying "I'm RP and I approve this message" was so that I could see about how long it would be for a LEGAL disclosure that I think has to be in all political ads.

AmyPA
01-27-2008, 10:49 PM
I thought it was going to say "apply directly to your forehead."

sharpsteve2003
01-27-2008, 11:18 PM
also, the only reason I added RP at the end saying "I'm RP and I approve this message" was so that I could see about how long it would be for a LEGAL disclosure that I think has to be in all political ads.

thats only for ads Ron Paul has approved for the National campaign.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-27-2008, 11:34 PM
That might do it.

Um, the voice is Computer generated. Sounds like the new voice in Leopard.

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Um, the voice is Computer generated. Sounds like the new voice in Leopard.

It is computer generated, but not Leopard. Does anybody know a good AUDIO software kit to download or buy?

magicmike
01-28-2008, 01:08 AM
Ummm I'm just wondering did anybody even look at my script?
it's on page 2.

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 03:00 AM
Ummm I'm just wondering did anybody even look at my script?
it's on page 2.

Yea, I looked at it, but I'm not good with animation...

honkywill
01-28-2008, 03:23 AM
I'm about half a year ahead of ya, buddy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPyBiqVJZBE

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 03:32 AM
I'm about half a year ahead of ya, buddy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPyBiqVJZBE

Good job...I wish the campaign was actually doing something like this last August.

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 12:09 PM
bump...

fuzzybekool
01-28-2008, 12:12 PM
interesting, but if all that people will remember is head-on. what good is it ?

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 12:53 PM
interesting, but if all that people will remember is head-on. what good is it ?

Name recognition?

krott5333
01-28-2008, 01:18 PM
delete those videos and reupload without Ron Paul's approval at the end..

thats a big no-no!

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 01:22 PM
delete those videos and reupload without Ron Paul's approval at the end..

thats a big no-no!

These aren't running anywhere...somebody was looking for short commercials so I threw these together and if you look at the OP, I said RP didn't approve them, I only added his audio to it so that I could have an idea of how long a legal approval would be in the commercial.

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 02:37 PM
bump, updated videos