08-03-2007, 08:33 AM
http://tampa.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A278008

Bradley in DC
08-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Excellent, great find!

Dustancostine
08-03-2007, 09:25 AM
I loved this quote:

"About two years ago I decided that I had had enough of trying to convince people that we needed to change direction. I dropped out," Wagner wrote in an e-mail. "I sold my house, retired from my job, moved on board my homemade boat and sailed off. I intended to cruise the world and leave the U.S. behind."

But when he arrived in St. Petersburg earlier this year, he heard that Paul had declared his candidacy. A veteran of Paul's 1988 Libertarian Party campaign (Paul finished third behind Bush 1 and Michael Dukakis with less than 1 percent of the vote), Wagner docked his boat, registered as a Republican and joined the meet-up.

"I put my plans for cruising the world on hold," he wrote, "in hopes of helping to restore sanity to our nation's government."

BLS
08-03-2007, 09:40 AM
That's a great article.

Thor
08-03-2007, 09:41 AM
That article rocked! Send that to everyone you know.

Not one negative dig or put down in it at all.

I wonder if Wayne Garcia is a closet Paul supporter? We should email him our thanks.

The one thing that took me aback was this:

That hasn't stopped Paul from bringing Florida to the campaign. Two weeks ago, Bourgeouis and a few others from Tampa Bay flew on a private jet to a Paul speech and rally in South Carolina. He said it was inspiring.

Who is paying for these private jet rides? Campaign money? I think that money would have been FAR better spent on radio/tv ads.

Ronstock '08
08-03-2007, 09:48 AM
http://tampa.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A278008

My respect for CL just went up a notch.

alexlcameron
08-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Wow what a great article. the cartoon was great too!!

michaelwise
08-03-2007, 10:31 AM
I have read numerous stories of Americans expatriating from America, for lack of hope for the future of our nation. Ron Paul truly is Hope For America.