PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party NOT ruled out!!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!

Myerz
01-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Watch this again......

He says he is not shutting the door on anything....I'm not sure of the timeline but I heard him say it.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong....I'm sure someone will.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=102906

Myerz
01-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I thought this would be good news to some that had that independent streak running through them. ???

Shink
01-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Yes. There are about zero other things I can think of when he says he's not shutting the door on anything.

Gadsden Flag
01-27-2008, 03:28 PM
If Ron Paul is going to run, we need Romney to win the republican nomination, and bloomberg to also run independant.. Bloomberg won't run if moderate McCain wins.

I don't know whether Obama or Hillary is more of a centrist. They both seem like communists to me. But whichever one is farther left needs to win the nomination if RP runs 3rd party.

We need the field to be as diluted as possible.

hueylong
01-27-2008, 03:30 PM
We need to focus on what WE'RE doing. We can't control who the parties nominate.

And yes -- he HAS left the door open.

It will DEFINITELY depend on whether he has SUPPORT from us to do so.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-27-2008, 03:32 PM
No! Bloomberg is a bad thing. He'll suck away all the "end the two party system" votes and he'll have a billion dollars to spend.

If it goes to this, it needs to be Romney vs. Clinton and no other real, viable third party or independent candidate. That way Ron Paul can be the only small government and the only real anti-Iraq war person running.

literatim
01-27-2008, 03:36 PM
There is no chance of Ron Paul running independent. He would have to leave the Republican Party which he won't do and thus give up his seat in Congress. You people are insane for even suggesting it.

me3
01-27-2008, 03:38 PM
There is no chance of Ron Paul running independent. He would have to leave the Republican Party which he won't do and thus give up his seat in Congress. You people are insane for even suggesting it.
QFT

theantirobot
01-27-2008, 03:44 PM
don't forget about that little exclamation point in the upper right. When someone posts something blatantly false be sure to report.

like the post earlier that says Ron Paul unequivically rules out third party run

Don't reply to threads like that. Report them and let them sink.

It is our responsibility to keep this place free of mis-information.

Wyurm
01-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Imagine you are trying out to play for the Cubs and people keep saying what a great minor league player you would make. That is what both the media and this type of thread is like. You keep knocking him down in potential voter's eyes. We are obviously supporting him no matter what. But people that keep saying "I would vote for him if he had a chance" are not about to give him a chance when they keep hearing "third party". It seriously makes me wonder what side some of you are on.

How about crossing that bridge IF we get to it?

SeanEdwards
01-27-2008, 03:45 PM
I would love to see a Giuliani vs Hillary vs Bloomberg vs Paul general election.

3 neocons split the New York vote. Paul takes everything else.

yongrel
01-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Ron Paul is a Republican. He will run for President as a Republican. He will be elected President as a Republican.

Unspun
01-27-2008, 03:46 PM

Exactly. At this point an indy run is irrelevent. There's no reason to go all out trying to get an indy bid going if the results of the R bid isn't announced. Waste of much needed energy.

SeanEdwards
01-27-2008, 03:49 PM

Abandoning the GOP would not automatically mean Paul loses his Congressional seat.

And there is nothing insane about being disgusted with the GOP and democrat parties. What's more insane is thinking that the machine is going to meekly allow a bunch of libertarian leaning people to take over.

GHoeberX
01-27-2008, 03:53 PM
If Ron Paul is going to run, we need Romney to win the republican nomination, and bloomberg to also run independant.. Bloomberg won't run if moderate McCain wins.

I don't know whether Obama or Hillary is more of a centrist. They both seem like communists to me. But whichever one is farther left needs to win the nomination if RP runs 3rd party.

We need the field to be as diluted as possible.

Ohhh; it's very obvious to me that most young people vote Obama (just check all the internet polls), so if Obama somehow drops out of the final race, then Paul can point to Hillary and Romney/McCain as the war-mongerers. With these three running for president, Ron Paul could get the whole anti-war vote (which alone is the majority of voters).

me3
01-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Imagine you are trying out to play for the Cubs and people keep saying what a great minor league player you would make. That is what both the media and this type of thread is like. You keep knocking him down in potential voter's eyes. We are obviously supporting him no matter what. But people that keep saying "I would vote for him if he had a chance" are not about to give him a chance when they keep hearing "third party". It seriously makes me wonder what side some of you are on.

Please stop posting such reasonable and well thought out positions. We need more idle speculation, and projection of our expectations on the campaign.

The only thing good that comes out of this 3rd party talk is that it's not done by people who canvass THANKFULLY.

Ohhh; it's very obvious to me that most young people vote Obama (just check all the internet polls), so if Obama somehow drops out of the final race, then Paul can point to Hillary and Romney/McCain as the war-mongerers. With these three running for president, Ron Paul could get the whole anti-war vote (which alone is the majority of voters).
In America, you have a better chance of winning the lottery than winning the Presidency as a third party. The established 2 party system has a massive infrastructure in place, with lifetime, and even generational voters. Not to mention complete control of the media.

alienpyro
01-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Imagine a fleet of Ron Paul vehicles roaming high-traffic areas 24/7

First off, check out this amazing vehicle wrap:

http://www.drive4ronpaul.com/sample.jpg

Basically, we want something even sweeter than this for Ron Paul.
Here are some thumbnails of other examples:

http://www.drive4ronpaul.com/thumbs.jpg

So far we have a ton of support for this idea and roughly 500 people who have volunteered to have their car to be wrapped in completely removable vinyl for the purpose of getting Ron Paul elected. As of now we are putting the finishing touches on www.Drive4RonPaul.com, including getting it functional in IE. What we need help with right now is graphic designs/artwork for the wraps.

The adobe illustrator template can be downloaded here (http://www.drive4ronpaul.com/jeep_52.ai). It is 1 20th to scale.

Please if you have any artistic talent, download the template and see what you can come up with. Please send all your ideas to Drive4RonPaul@gmail.com.

Here are the technical specifications of what we need:

File Formats-Mac or PC

* Illustrator CS2 or below - .ai, .eps or .pdf files
* Photoshop CS2 or below - .tif, .eps. or .psd files
* InDesign CS2 or below - .indd files
* Corel Draw 12 or below - exported to Illustrator (.ai) for Mac Version
* Quark 6.0 or below - .qxd files
* Freehand and Flexi- converted to Illustrator (.ai) or .eps format

FONTS

* Please include your fonts or convert all text in your documents to outlines!

PHOTOS
* All photos should be at least 150 dpi at print size. If scanning your image, please scan it with the above settings. Larger print sizes may allow for lower resolution. Preferred file formats are .tif, .eps or .psd. Jpegs can be used but are not advised due to the data loss (during compression) associated with them. Gif and bmp files are generally unacceptable.

RGB/CMYK

* Files saved in RGB or CMYK are accepted, while CMYK is preferred. Keep your file in the color space it was created in, and don't mix the two. (IE, do not place RGB images in a CMYK document or the reverse.)

COLORS

* All specialty colors need to be clearly identified, especially PMS colors.

http://www.drive4ronpaul.com/drive4ronpaul_banner.jpg (http://www.drive4ronpaul.com)

Jobarra
01-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Abandoning the GOP would not automatically mean Paul loses his Congressional seat.

And there is nothing insane about being disgusted with the GOP and democrat parties. What's more insane is thinking that the machine is going to meekly allow a bunch of libertarian leaning people to take over.
Pretty sure the GOP has rules about running against the party. I have no clue what you are talking about. He WILL lose his seat as a Republican if it comes to that. He might be able to run as an independent for his seat, but the chances of winning go down, although incumbency works in his favor. Who knows, maybe he'll do that.

ProfNo
01-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Yes. There are about zero other things I can think of when he says he's not shutting the door on anything.

I think he might be thinking about a possible VP slot...or at least he would be opposed to one.

crazyfingers
01-27-2008, 04:06 PM
don't forget about that little exclamation point in the upper right. When someone posts something blatantly false be sure to report.

like the post earlier that says Ron Paul unequivically rules out third party run

Don't reply to threads like that. Report them and let them sink.

It is our responsibility to keep this place free of mis-information.

Yeah, like that interview in which Ron says "it's not gonna happen" and "I'm ruling it out." It sure is "blatantly false" to take Dr. Paul at his word.

speciallyblend
01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Your 100% wrong .NO ONE IS GOING TO STOP ME FROM VOTING RON PAUL, so what your saying is if he doesnt get the nomination,your gonna vote for a big government warmonger hillary republican?? i think not ,Ron Paul will be my WRITE IN,
RON PAUL HAS NO CHOICE in the matter, WE DECIDE IF RON PAUL RUNS 3rd Party,not Ron Paul, He has My Vote already,so doesnt matter what ron paul says;) IT MATTERS WHAT WE DO when the republican party leaves us;)
RON PAUL 2008

speciallyblend
01-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Exactly. At this point an indy run is irrelevent. There's no reason to go all out trying to get an indy bid going if the results of the R bid isn't announced. Waste of much needed energy.

to be honest we use the republican party. We recruit the real republicans and if they ignore ron paul on convention day.Then we leave in mass the next day for his independent run;) It's the grassroots decision ,not Ron paul's anymore...

i highly doubt we are gonna flock to a warmonger big government hillary republican.

My Choice Is RON PAUL,doesnt matter what the gop says;)
continue to build within the republican party,this will help us build leverage, by the time of the convention the gop will be lucky if Ron Paul even chooses a member of their party as vp;) and if they dont go for it,then we leave in MASS,if we have a solid 10-20% of support and in some like nevada we hit 14% and in some 4-6%,this is enough to leave the party in mass and TAKE THE TRUE REPUBLICAN PARTY with us,since it seems they left the republican party,not us;)

Ron Paul vs Hillary Republicans
building leverage within the republican party,is exactly what the neo-con hillary republicans dont want and are scared to death of.

It's time to let them know We are only voting for RON PAUL;)

Ron Paul2008

Mordan
01-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Ron Paul can create a new Party out of the GOP if the GOP is shown to have been rigging caucuses. A neat Casus Belli since Ron Paul is the only republican left.