PDA

View Full Version : Info for Idaho

1776Patriot
01-27-2008, 02:40 PM
We have a small following of hardcore RP'ites. Small, but dedicated. We sort of lack ideas on what to do. They get together every Friday and waive signs on our main street when the cold and snowy Idaho weather permits that is, we have done some flier distributions and a couple other meetup events, but can anyone in a much bigger area give us some advice as to what sorts of things we can or should be doing for our area of SE Idaho?

Many folks that you talk to simply say "Idahoans votes don't really count for much anyhow because of the Electoral Votes" and are often apathetic because they are under the impression that one area of the US's votes like NH or Iowa etc means much more then does a place like Idaho.

Is there something that we could be doing when it isn't a snowy blizzard here to bring attention to Paul outside of letters to the editor and signing?

Do Idahoans votes count really with the electoral college? And doesn't Paul for whatever reason support that very system which many say will not allow him to win an election anyhow

pilby
01-27-2008, 02:49 PM
often, by the time Idaho gets around to voting in primaries, the winner is already a given. this time around, though, it looks like it's going to be very close and we may well be headed to a brokered convention. hence, any extra delegates snagged for Dr Paul are a big bonus.

I think the main thing to be focusing on right now is identifying Paul supporters and getting them involved. If you haven't already, sign up at http://voters.ronpaul2008.com.

pilby
01-27-2008, 02:51 PM
there's also helping out in neighboring states that vote earlier. i did a bunch of phone canvasing in NV just before their caucuses. i believe we've still got UT coming up that could probably use some help. convert all those Mormons! it's not hard once they find out a lot of things about Mitt.

1776Patriot
02-07-2008, 01:29 AM
there's also helping out in neighboring states that vote earlier. i did a bunch of phone canvasing in NV just before their caucuses. i believe we've still got UT coming up that could probably use some help. convert all those Mormons! it's not hard once they find out a lot of things about Mitt.

so it is a case of trying to somehow help out the other states then...That is typically the case is that when Idaho gets to the table to eat, all the food is already gone or what's to eat has already been decided by everyone else.

Mormons here are a hard lot. I must say that the most vocal and supportive members of our meetup are mormon's but they tend to view Paul as hopeless and did so from the get-go or support Romney just because they think it is best to have their man on campus as a sort of religious support.

Ball
03-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Holy crap dude, this is what you do:

Determine the delegate process.

Comb the state for supporters and train them to become delegates.

Take over the state GOP and make sure all the delegates going to national are for RP.

Delegates delegates delegates!