PDA

View Full Version : Should RP's Supporters take Mitt’s Free Ride & Ticket?

politico
08-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Should Ron Paul supporters take Romney's offer for a free ride and ticket to the Ames' Straw Poll? http://ronpaulpledge.com/wordpress/?p=21

I like the comment below.

"If it is wrong to accept his kind offer for a free lift to the rally, then you accept that these polls can be bought. Whichever candidate has the most money, can ship the most people there to make sure they win.

Accept his kind offer and listen to any little speach he gives you before the rally. but when you enter that booth ask youself the question. “Who do I want as my next President” If that answer is Romney then vote for him, but if it is still Ron Paul then vote for him. Romney can buy your attention, but he should never be able to buy your vote."

SWATH
08-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Here is an article about that very topic

http://www.townhall.com/blog/g/7a3fad78-fc9e-417a-88a5-5128bb19f1bb

Friday, August 03, 2007Ron Paul's Insurgent Ames Strategy (http://www.townhall.com/blog/g/7a3fad78-fc9e-417a-88a5-5128bb19f1bb)Posted by: Matt Lewis at 9:05 AM... So it seems some Ron Paul supporters (http://ronpaulpledge.com/wordpress/?p=21)are considering having Mitt Romney pay for their transportation to the Ames, Iowa Straw Poll:

Mitt Romney plans to bribe Iowans to vote for him in the key Ames Straw Poll (flier below). He’ll pay all the expenses for an Iowan, feed them and transport them to and from the event in an effort to buy
their vote.
Some say if Mitt is willing to bus Iowan’s to Ames for the Straw Poll…they should take him up on his offer!
Some say Mitt Romney could pay for your $35 straw poll fee, transport you to and from the event, and buy you ‘Iowa’s Best B-B-Q.’
Some say that then, after carefully weighing their options…..they may decide to vote Ron Paul at the Ames Straw Poll!
If interested, you could call Mitt for the free package at 866.505.2008 (details on flier below).
My take: These Ron Paul guys are living off the land, and running an insurgent campaign that is reminiscent of guerilla warfare tactics used against a bigger and stronger opponent.

Is it unchivalrous? Perhaps. But it's hard for an under-funded candidate to play by the proper rules of campaign etiquette. Will it be effective? Time will tell...

Thom1776
08-03-2007, 08:40 AM
When I ran for Congress in '92, I had to collect 2000 signatures. Many people I encountered told me that they were already supporting one of my opponents. I told them that I wasn't asking for their vote, but only their signature to get my name on the ballot so that I may participate in our political process. They were then more than happy to sign my nomination papers.

I look at this in much the same way. Romney is encouraging people to participate in the political process at Ames. He is helping them to get there and giving them a ballot. What they do with that ballot is up to them.

micahnelson
08-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Do it. Spam the Romney-Bus.

fletcher
08-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Does anyone know if he will be handing out tickets at the event for those that didn't take a bus?

risiusj
08-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know if he will be handing out tickets at the event for those that didn't take a bus?

I'd like to know the same.

JPFromTally
08-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Can I get on the bus wearing a Ron Paul T-Shirt?

Natalie
08-03-2007, 09:18 AM
ROFL! If I were an Iowa resident, I'd let Romney buy me a ticket ; )

BLS
08-03-2007, 09:20 AM
If I were an Iowa resident and a RP supporter, I would most definately get take it and use it to vote for RP.

trispear
08-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Can I get on the bus wearing a Ron Paul T-Shirt?Wear your Ron Paul shirt inside out until you get your ticket:) I suspect if they won't hand out tickets to those against Romney - as those doing the handing out will be Romney supporters obviously.

Thor
08-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Wear your Ron Paul shirt inside out until you get your ticket:) I suspect if they won't hand out tickets to those against Romney - as those doing the handing out will be Romney supporters obviously.

There was a thread on this yeaterday with almost the exact same title...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=10026
Should a Ron Paul Supporter take Mitt's free expenses to Ames?

And I said:

It would be interesting to see what they would do if you took off your jacket after you were on the bus in motion and you proudly showed everyone your Ron Paul shirt as you walked to the back to the bathroom so all could see it. I wonder if they would have the guts to drop you off on the side of the road.

You could peaceable resist. Just sit there. Then get some TV coverage out of it if they got down right rude.

Dave
08-03-2007, 09:31 AM

Romney, Tancredo, Huckabee, Brownback, and T. Thompson are giving away tickets. I don't know about Hunter. I'm sure they are giving away tickets at their tents to anyone who they think will vote for their candidate, not just those coming on buses.

retrorepublican
08-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Should Ron Paul supporters take Romney's offer for a free ride and ticket to the Ames' Straw Poll? http://ronpaulpledge.com/wordpress/?p=21

I like the comment below.

"If it is wrong to accept his kind offer for a free lift to the rally, then you accept that these polls can be bought. Whichever candidate has the most money, can ship the most people there to make sure they win.

Accept his kind offer and listen to any little speach he gives you before the rally. but when you enter that booth ask youself the question. “Who do I want as my next President” If that answer is Romney then vote for him, but if it is still Ron Paul then vote for him. Romney can buy your attention, but he should never be able to buy your vote."

Haha, that's brilliant! Wish I could post this on the Daily Paul but I don't know how good "Ron Paul Ticket Jackers" would look to outsiders. If I was an Iowan I'd definitely do this though.