PDA

View Full Version : lit drop and canvass in Tuscaloosa right NOW

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Anybody want to help?

andys311
01-27-2008, 09:07 PM
anytime you canvass in tuscaloosa let me know! I've been wanting to help out but the meet-up or facebook groups never seem to work out!

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Will do, and thanks! I'm going tomorrow, I'll be out from 9AM to sunset. The first part of the day will be arranging to have some lit printed. Then maybe a lit drop until people wake up, and then start canvassing for support.

Call me sometime after 9 tomorrow and we'll arrange to get together. That same should apply all week, and through the weekend. e-mail me at glen42@gmail.com and I'll get it on my mobile. Text me at 919-272-7182 or call me.

We need more lit! Trifolds seem to work best, especially when stuffed with a slimjim. Most especially if it can be a specific slimjim to match the person's issue after talking to them.

If anybody wants to do a total grassroots litdrop, for general drops, pick conservative generic or liberal generic slimjims, and save the trifolds for actual contacts. Look for dense middle class, and then reach out to the suburbs then rural and inner city.

And talk to people! Develop Ron's platform in your speech, and show people where he stands on their issues. If you talk to people who want "more Patriot act," I say, sharply salute them, snap an about face, and march away. Some people will never awaken.

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2008, 10:02 AM
hey, could someone email my gmail account above and let me know where I can find some good dense middle class in the area? I'm right by the university now. Just grabbed some Java at Wicked Bean, and am right out front.

If a local would be kind enough to direct me to some dense middle class nearby, I'll be lit dropping in moments. Thanks!!

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2008, 10:04 AM
either that, or where do gazillions of people hang out and socialize round here?

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
ok, found some decent dense middle class just north of Northport, near this big High School. Ran into a fellow on his way to a hospital to visit family (if you do, please pray for them) work truck plastered w Ron Paul signs. He helped me find this dense middle class, so I'm likely to be in Northport for a couple days, then hit middle class South of Tuscaloosa.

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Kirk Wood Drive Hunter Creek Road areas look good for a couple days. Or less if I get lots of help!

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Just called it a night on the canvass, will look for night time activities now to spread the word. Not really looking for a bar, inebriated people don't remember what you tell them, but more of an "all comers" or family oriented activity in the area that draws tons of people. I want to go, hang out, and talk to folks about Ron Paul.

Tomorrow should wrap up the neighborhood I found in Northport, and on Wednesday I'll probably go to the middle class areas south of Tuscaloosa.