PDA

View Full Version : George Carlin: Who Owns You, clip

tekmo
01-27-2008, 01:02 PM
This is a classic. George Carlin hits it on the head... he is wise beyond his years.

Strong language:

Original (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9KReZyAZLI0)

with graphical overlay (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg)

nc4rp
01-27-2008, 01:44 PM
yea we need an endorsement by him. anyone know contact info?

Caravello
01-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Reminds me of what my dad used to say when I was growing up, and I, being so much wiser, thought he was dumb. He always said that big business runs the country. Turns out pops was right.

Edu
01-27-2008, 02:39 PM
The strange thing is these people are voting for Romney, like they want a big corporate guy running things.

Why would he do anything against corporations? He's all intertwined with them, they all live and breathe together.

You could say he has a conflict of interest and should recuse himself from the election.

SimpleName
01-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Carlin is definitely an intelligent man. I really wish he would see that Dr. Paul is the best hope to stop this government corruption. If only Carlin would "endorse" somebody, something he hasn't done in a VERY long time (before his stand-up career took off), it would be BIG! Although Carlin does seem to be quite liberal about some things, I think he would see the light if he paid attention. Come to think of it, why didn't he endorse Kucinich? An honest, full hearted, uncorrupted liberal. That would have made sense. Anyway, we are here George! Join us!

From now on, I will never let those beautifully genius closing lines escape me. "It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." It is such a strong statement, that you almost refuse to want to believe at first. Overwhelmingly though, it will eventually conquer your mind and awaken you. Unfortunately we haven't awakened enough people yet. It seems like this is our first leap. Sorry...getting overly rhetorical and horrifying off topic.

Anyone have contact info? I scanned his website. No e-mails or anything. I don't think he checks often. I hate mailing, but if anybody has a mailing address, that'd be good too.