PDA

View Full Version : An Idea For LibertyTax08.org

virginiakid
01-27-2008, 12:58 PM
This is an idea that I posted on in another thread. To the organizers of the libertytax08.org site.

An idea. After the Feb. 1 money bombs. Why not begin the process of having a second libertytax08.org money bomb for RP. I think the libertytax08 is a great title for a money bomb. Rather catchy to be honest.

However, I think its timing is a bit off. This thing could easily raise $10 million plus for RP. I would highly suggest that you and others on this board get behind this money bomb and set a new date--say around April 15 or maybe late March.

Why? By that time, people will be really upset at the IRS and taxes. I know I will be, because I have to pay in every year. The only problem would be knowing if RP is going to stick with us through April (I think he will).

I would also suggest adding other totals to donate. Do the $500, $250, $100, and $50. You may even consider doing the $1,000 pledge along with the others.

Just a suggestion.

rtil
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
hell if i had $1000 i'd donate it, but the fact is i just don't.
the problem with libertytax is that the total is something a lot of people like students (myself) just can't commit to.
but two money bombs within 3 days of eachother is ..eh

virginiakid
01-27-2008, 01:26 PM
No, no, no, what I am talking about is taking the libertytax08 idea after Feb. 1 and making it a April 15, libertytax money bomb for RP. Instead of giving the idea that they want you to only donate $500, they should have options such as listed in the previous post from $50-$1,000.

libertygrl
01-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Personally, I think the first 2 money bombs were the best - The 5th of November and the Boston Tea Party. And I think the reason they were so successful was the fact that it touched on that rebellious spirit of fighting tyranny. It was exciting and it was promoted in the right way.

While the MLK moneybomb was quietly inspirational, I think these money bombs are beginning to loose some steam. Not only because some of us are actually broke purchasing campaign material for our precincts and funding other things like ads in local newspapers, etc., but also because the money bombs are coming about so frequently with less than inspirational themes. (imho)

It's a trap that most successful ideas fall into - like some filmmakers and tv show producers, they beat a great concept into the ground to the point where the public loses interest. (AND THE REVOLUTION CANNOT AFFORD TO LET THIS HAPPEN)

I'm not saying we should totally scrap these money bombs altogether, but perhaps come up with long range goals so that they are well thought out and planned in advance. Maybe even have people vote on the most favorite themes .

Individually we should continue donating what we can, and then save up for these money bombs. But they should be done in such a way where they are timed better, and don't all run into one another. Maybe someone with marketing experience can come up with an advanced plan. Or maybe just one money bomb per month? I don't know how these things work.

Don't ask me where this came from but, this morning I woke up after a sound night of sleep and the first thought that popped into my head after opening my eyes was:

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE" MONEY BOMB. (Or, "MAD AS HELL" money bomb for short) Then more ideas started flooding in and I began building on it. I don't know about you guys but anger is a BIG motivator. It got me out of my shyness to go canvassing for one thing! I am beyond livid about the blackout of Ron Paul in the media. That's the start. And as you know there is a whole litany of things - the patriot act, Iraq war, illegal immigration, big government, etc. etc.

A website could be created that when people donate, maybe a cartoon outline of an angry head of an average Joe, fills up with the color red at the different issues listed line by line and donation by donation. Or maybe it could be the head of one of the founders whose head would explode because of the destruction of the constitution. We could show all the things that get Ron Paul supporters really angry to remind them why they got involved in the first place. (good for motivation - the video at the last FOX debate when they were laughing at Ron Paul) Or maybe a place on the site where people could list the things going on in the country that they are angry about.

We could do a promotion video - clip showing the guy from the movie Network with that famous scene of telling everybody to go to their windows and shout "I'm Mad As Hell.. etc. Maybe all of us could video tape ourselves going to our windows at home doing the same thing, then sending the footage to the person who will edit the video to be inserted into the scene from the movie. Could write on screen - Mad about the Iraq War? Big Government? Lying Politicians? Corporate media? How much is your anger worth? Donate to Ronpaul2008.com. Tell the world we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.

Any thoughts??

libertygrl
01-27-2008, 03:04 PM
By the way, like the LibertyTaxBomb idea and I agree - better on April 15th.

virginiakid
01-27-2008, 07:19 PM
You are right. People work off of anger and emotion. Get them angry enough and emotional enough to act, they will act.

The reason the liberty tax idea is really good because it does work off of peoples emotions. Its just that the timing is a little off for that one. Come April 15, people will be so upset at the IRS they will be more than happy to pay a few bucks. It will be in everybody's minds at that time.

Like you said. Money bombs play off of emotions, use it. But you have to market it well to.