PDA

View Full Version : A Plea to the American People

gregl26
01-27-2008, 12:56 PM
A Plea to the American People

Please read this in its entirety. I come to all of you today to beg for your support. We have one more chance to save this country, it is called the Ron Paul Revolution. If you are unaware of it go to youtube and type Ron Paul or go to ronpaul2008.com. His own words are much more poignant and enlightening than my own. We have one more chance to save this nation from corporate domination, ruin, and despicable politicians. It is called the Ron Paul Revolution. This man is one of the greatest Americans in the history of this country and possibly the most principled, honest, and earnest leader alive.

For 30 years Dr. Ron Paul has been the lone voice against the abuse of power and the danger of fascism in America. Right now he is engaged in THE battle to retake our government from those who have sold our country to the highest bidder. I know a lot of you do not follow or care about politics because all the politicians seem crooked and morally bankrupt. Many people despise the fact that corporations give millions of dollars to both parties because they care not who wins; they only seek influence over our political system. This apathy is common but a major phrase in the Revolution is "Dr. Paul cured my apathy".

Our country has been stolen from us by the cabal of politicians, big business, mainstream media, and the military-industrial complex. They sold our nation to big bankers who then created the Federal Reserve which prints money at will, driving the value of the dollar down, so that they can fill their sleazy pockets. Dr. Ron Paul has spoken against this for 30 years and they have laughed at him for it. He has the best Congressional voting record in American history and constantly addresses an empty congress, they do not even deign attend his speeches. Any time there is a vote that passes 400 to 1, Ron Paul is that one lone defender of liberty. When every other politician is taking money from any and every corporation and lobby group they can get their greedy hands on, Dr. Ron Paul refuses to betray the trust of the people.

Those who control the wealth of this country, and hence the country, prey upon the American people's lack of knowledge about events so they can continue to destroy this nation. While we are enjoying the Simpson’s they are enjoying complete control of the government. They are terrified of Dr. Ron Paul now because here is finally a man who understands the danger posed by this system and who has the chance to be President. Can you imagine?

He has been saying these same things for 30 years so they let him run for President but then something amazing happened, we started listening. His message of honoring the Constitution and abolishing the evil implements of government like the Federal Reserve and the IRS is spreading like wildfire across this great land. The internet is ablaze with support for him and the average citizen knows nothing of him because the main-stream media refuses to give him air time. That is because everything you see and hear is owned by a handful of wealthy men who enjoy your ignorance so that they can keep robbing our nation. They are part of the same web of corruption that Dr. Paul wants to abolish.

The internet is the last free place for the American people to converse, and converse we have. We have used this as a tool to organize ourselves to spread the word, AMERICA IS NOT FOR SALE ANY LONGER! On Nov 5th tens of thousands of concerned Americans donated a total of 4.3 million dollars in 24 hours to his campaign; a record, then on Dec 16th they raised 6 million in 24 hours. There is a limit of $2300 on individual contributions and Dr. Paul refuses to take a penny from greedy corporations. There are many who are not eating, saving any money they can to give to the campaign because they know we will never have another chance like this. Citizens have had to be very inventive in order to get the word out about him. Thousands have pooled their own money together to fly a Ron Paul Blimp around the nation, they raised money for the Ron Paul Air corps, a team of planes trailing RP Banners. Ron Paul’s campaign lives and breathes on its own; it is organic. Through word of mouth, cleverness, and hard-work we the people are fighting for our liberty.

Never before in America has a politician raised so much so fast. There are Ron Paul Meetup Groups all around the world as the message of liberty spreads. Too long have we been controlled like sheep while the elite carry on in their arrogance.

I volunteered from Jan 2nd till the New Hampshire primary on the 8th for Dr. Paul. There were hundreds and hundreds of people from all across the country, some of whom quit their jobs to volunteer. People from other countries came and volunteered because they pray for the future of America and the world. During the campaign I was appalled at the lengths to which other candidates and the media went to exclude and minimize Dr. Paul. Ron Paul wins the majority of the tamperproof post debate polls and straw polls, he receives the most money from active military, and had more cash on hand than McCain, Hunter, Tancredo, and Huckabee combined as of Dec 12th. Still they tell the voters he can not win.

Before you even get to vote the media picks who will win. They repeat it over and over again until we believe it. Before we even get to vote in the first primary they have anointed the "front-runners". The News talks about what strategies a certain candidate should employ to combat the latest accusations and ignores the issues. They speak of candidates "electability" and how they will poll with certain groups, not about the issues. The media has become morally bankrupt and the American people are beginning to notice.

The polls are conducted by Fox sellout Frank Luntz who has been accused by countless watch groups of manipulating the votes. The polls are then used to convince America that certain candidates are unpopular and others are. Have you ever voted for someone because of a candidate's "momentum"? While I was in New Hampshire countless people told me that they really liked Ron Paul a lot but didn't want to waste their vote because the polls said he couldn't win. One lady told me she was going to vote for McCain because he would end the war, even though he has said he would be there for 100 years. Ask yourself this, do you really pay attention to what the candidates stand for, have you researched their voting records to see if they vote how they speak, do you understand economics and middle-eastern history well enough to form your own opinion or do you do what most of do; vote based upon sound bites. So many people I spoke with in NH said they would make up their mind in the voting booth, this is what the powers that be want you to do because more than likely you will make an uninformed decision based upon what some media person said.

I worked at the polls in NH during the primary and saw a certain candidate's people bring tons of mentally challenged individuals to vote for them, I was told by many fellow volunteers that this happened at their polling places as well. I witnessed a secret media event staged so that a certain candidate could ship in 20 people to hold his signs behind a news anchor to make it seem like he had support. The next day the picture on the front page was of this group. To anyone who was not there it would have appeared as if that candidate had tons of people supporting him. To anyone who was in Concord or Manchester though it was obvious Ron Paul volunteers had a 30 to 1 advantage in supporters. Why did they do it in secret? Because there was not a camera in Manchester that was not surrounded by hundreds of Ron Paul volunteers from all over the world in order to get ANY news coverage at all.

I screamed as Fox News excluded Dr. Paul from the debate the day before the primary even though he was VERY popular in NH and had an army of devoted Americans running all over the state. How many supporters of the other candidates did we see out talking to people? Other than one particular candidate, only a few. I was enraged that a corporation would DARE to directly and blatantly attempt to influence the outcome of the Presidential election. The NH GOP pulled their sponsorship of the debate in their disgust over it. My heart finally broke though after the results were tallied when we discovered that there had been voter fraud to steal the election from this good man. Dr. Paul has yet to comment on this but the volunteers are raising the money for a recount on our own though the media will just ignore that as well.

I cried the day America invaded Iraq because that was the day our leaders destroyed everything this country was built upon. Never before had we invaded another country. The principles of our founders were forgotten as America entered the age of empire. I am crying again now as I write this plea to you. Our country has been stolen from us. The politicians of both parties pay only lip service to the American People. They base their campaigns around what they think we want to hear not on any sense of honor. They play the American people against each other. They pander to our religious devotion by pretending to be godly. They pander to our hope for our children's future by promising a better tomorrow but then forget their oath as soon as they attain power. They play the lower, middle, and upper classes against each other to occupy our energies while they bankrupt this nation to fill their own banks. Do not let it be said that when providence delivered the American people its last chance for liberty that I was silent.

The time of voting for the lesser of two evils is past. There is finally a great man that the American people can rally behind, his name is Dr. Ron Paul

If you have ever wished things were better then get this note into the hands of as many people as possible. If you have ever felt a tingle of patriotism then tell everyone you know about Dr. Paul. If you have ever received any kindness in your life then please do this country a kindness and get this note into the hands of as many people as possible. If you have ever looked at the flag as a child and felt hope, pride, and security then please spread the word about Ron Paul..

E-mail this to everyone you know, walk the streets and stores of America and hand it out to everyone you meet and implore them to read it. Feel free to alter in any way you think is better. Whether you are a Republican, Democrat, Independent, cannot even vote, or have never engaged in political action you are first and foremost an American! Complacency or apathy is no longer an excuse. Volunteer with the campaign, donate to the campaign, pray, make Ron Paul signs and put them EVERYWHERE across America and tell everyone you know to do the same but most importantly VOTE. God bless you all, God bless America, and God bless Dr. Ron Paul for curing my apathy. If anyone wants to know what they can do to help please contact me.

Greg Lewis gregL26@yahoo.com
Orlando, FL, The United States of America
The Revolution has begun

If you are a member of the media will you still stand in the way of the American people? It is time to choose. Either you are a responsible reporter on the side of the United States or you are directly undermining the electoral process!

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM

khorbis
01-27-2008, 04:37 PM

Agreed. Good post, but you're preaching to the converted. Your article needs to go in your local newpaper, magazine, blog, television ad, or whatever, not ronpaulforum(s).com. Everyone here has their own reasons for supporting Dr. Paul, so I doubt very many here would use a personalized missive.

Just my 2 pennies.

pacelli
01-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Try posting that on hannity forums ;0

tommy7154
01-27-2008, 04:40 PM
heh. He knows that we are converted. He's saying we should e-mail this and get this message out there to people who aren't.

Edit: I agree with it all except this line "My heart finally broke though after the results were tallied when we discovered that there had been voter fraud to steal the election from this good man."

Where is the proof of that? Maybe there is, but I haven't seen any.

Otherwise that letter is superb. Nice job.

Paulitical Correctness
01-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Americans don't like to read.

Cliff notez plees.

thehittgirl
01-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Americans don't like to read.

Cliff notez plees.

Good article but above is QFT. Even a good number of our elected officials don't even read stuff :mad:

Mystile
01-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Good article but above is QFT. Even a good number of our elected officials don't even read stuff :mad:

yeah, but it's just non-important stuff like the NIE report, 9/11 commission report, the constitution....

Neomatrix
01-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Greg,
I feel you buddy. I respect that you came here and poured your heart out to the American People. I appreciate all you are doing to further the campaign to get the good Dr. into office. The frustration sometimes makes you want to go to the tallest point in America with the biggest bullhorn in the world and scream at the top of your lungs to everybody to WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE GONNA RUN OFF A CLIFF IF YOU DON"T HIT THE BRAKES!, and it just doesn't seem that anybody is listening. Too many distractions, thousands medicated just to shut out the pain, thousands scared just to come out of the house, especially in high crime areas. And don't forget about the ones who are scared of speaking out so as not to disrupt their lives. What would the neighbors think. If you sound too "kooky" the labels start to come out.
I am going to use your letter as another tool to help convince my friends, family and neighbors to open their eyes as well. (I may change a few small things) I think this further solidifies the idea that we have to do this one by one, person to person, step by step. I signed up as a precinct captain about a week ago, and have started my door to door campaign. One person/family/neighbor at a time. It seems at this point in the process it is the best method for the me to increase awareness and help spread the message. I'm sure the status quo would rather we succumb.

OBTW....I've cried many times before and during this campaign as well. Sometimes you just gotta. It's painful losing freedom.

Buck up and Onward!

Peace,

Shawn :)