PDA

View Full Version : Guerrilla Newspaper Takeover Network - For Ron Paul

Petar
01-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Here is how I intend on translating the firestorm of support that exists for Ron Paul on the internet into the printed press of every single city in the United States of America:

The site will display a map of the 50 US States. Each State will display two figures. 1. Emails appearing in print 2. Direct responses appearing in print. Users will be directed to email their local newspapers with letters of support for Ron Paul. The user will then be directed to post that article + email address of that newspaper on the website for all to see, once it appears in print. Then, anyone browsing that post will be directed to write in to that newspaper to directly concur with the post, or to argue against anyone who is printed directly disagreeing, since the original poster will be directed to update the post whenever either of these occur. This way, all of RPs online supporters across the nation can be organized into a national printed press consuming swarm, utilizing a simple member protocol directed from a central location.

Here is the simplified explanation:

You go my website...you write an email of support for Ron Paul to your local paper...once you see it printed then you post it on my page, along with the papers email address...then everyone can see your printed email, and they are encouraged to write to that same paper to agree with you, or to disagree with anyone who is printed saying that you are wrong, since you check the paper and add all that to your post...it creates a sort of buddy system that allows us to systematically use our online army to take over all of he newspapers as well.

The site is ready enough to launch. It looks ugly but it works. W'ell make it pretty as we go along. Right now we have to focus on getting this ball rolling.

www.letters4liberty.org

enjoy

Sey.Naci
01-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Bravo! Glad to see this project off the ground. Have noticed, especially the last couple of days, more and more letters getting printed in local newspapers. So this is excellent timing to begin using your site to keep track of the success rate across the country.

danda
01-27-2008, 01:27 PM
I registered to check things out, but I don't see where to upload/submit a letter.

And a suggestion - it seems like you should have at least one letter up there for people to see how it works as things start rolling.

Petar
01-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Well, i did my best to have the steps be explicit, but I understand your confusion since it's a completely new type of website.

What you have to do now is write some letters of support for Ron Paul to your local papers just like in step 1

Once it gets printed, please go to step 2

Yeah, I should have had the forsight to have had a letter printed to post for the launch of this website. I'm pretty sure I'll have one to post in a couple of days. Please bear with me in the meantime while I push to get this boulder rolling now. Thank you very much.

Sey.Naci
01-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Login response was a bit wonky. Am using Firefox on Mac (Intel, OS X Tiger). Have allowed scripts, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Anyway, by 'wonky' I mean that I had to try twice. The first time, Firefox became unresponsive and I had to do a Force Quit. Second time, it worked, but the login screen took longer than one would expect. (I'd have expected an instant load.)

So, once in, I clicked the Write link. Was confused by the email address that came up in the email window's To: field. I assume the idea is to replace that email address with the one for the newspaper to which you're writing the letter. If so, then for user-friendly reasons, it would be helpful to state that in the Write instructions.

Sey.Naci
01-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Also seems slow to load and to close.

This is a BRILLIANT idea, so I hope more people sign up to start using it and help sort out the bugs.

Petar
01-27-2008, 02:19 PM
yeah, it wont crash Firefox regularly...if it's slow then code needs to be optimized I guess...as for clicking the write link, it invokes your email client, which is supposed to help the user clue into the fact that the system involves taking the first step of writing your local newspaper on your own without the website doing it for you in any way.

BreakYourChains
01-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Good start! I hope you keep tweaking it and improving this site. Excellent idea on how to get us all on the same page...

bucfish
01-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Good Idea Social Engineer I am behind it 100%

freedom-maniac
01-27-2008, 02:52 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=57772

Petar
01-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Good start! I hope you keep tweaking it and improving this site. Excellent idea on how to get us all on the same page...

Pease join my site and write a letter of support for Ron Paul to your local newspaper. Then you can post it on my site to help get this ball rolling. Thank you very much.

Sey.Naci
01-27-2008, 03:00 PM
People who have already written to local papers and had them printed should add those letters to the site's dbase too. Have seen several Letters to the Editor coming up in my "Ron Paul" Google news alerts lately. Those writers should be joining your site!

Petar
01-27-2008, 08:37 PM
People who have already written to local papers and had them printed should add those letters to the site's dbase too. Have seen several Letters to the Editor coming up in my "Ron Paul" Google news alerts lately. Those writers should be joining your site!

Yes, if anyone has had any letters printed in their local paper, please sign up to my website and post that, so that you can see responses come in from all anywhere in the world and more. Details @ www.letters4liberty.org

humanic
01-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Congratulations on getting this up and running. I signed up......... then I accidentally flagged the example letter as inappropriate. Sorry!

Petar
01-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Congratulations on getting this up and running. I signed up......... then I accidentally flagged the example letter as inappropriate. Sorry!

Heh, thats ok, thank you very much for joining! Please write a letter to your local newspapers now, and just follow the steps to help get this movement going!

Nate K
01-28-2008, 12:46 AM
bumppp i'm writing one tomorrow

Nate K
01-28-2008, 01:22 AM
this is important

Petar
01-28-2008, 01:23 PM
this is important

Thanks comrade

danda
01-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I see now.

It was not obvious to me that "write" was itself a link. It is written in white, and the same color as the rest of the text.

As someone who has been using the web, and developing websites since 1996, I consider myself a bit more "web-savvy" than many... and if it wasn't obvious to me, then I suggest it will not be obvious to many others as well.

I suggest that you make some buttons, or at least change the color/size of the link text. A light green would work better perhaps.

Just a suggestion.

And another suggestion.... these types of sites always have a chicken/egg type of problem when getting started. Generally speaking, the more user activity, the better. And if people don't see others using the site, its discouraging. Why not encourage people to upload their letters even if they have not yet been published. An unpublished letter can very well be picked up by another volunteer and perhaps published somewhere else in the country.

Well, i did my best to have the steps be explicit, but I understand your confusion since it's a completely new type of website.

What you have to do now is write some letters of support for Ron Paul to your local papers just like in step 1

Once it gets printed, please go to step 2

Yeah, I should have had the forsight to have had a letter printed to post for the launch of this website. I'm pretty sure I'll have one to post in a couple of days. Please bear with me in the meantime while I push to get this boulder rolling now. Thank you very much.

bucfish
01-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Bump

Petar
01-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I see now.

It was not obvious to me that "write" was itself a link. It is written in white, and the same color as the rest of the text.

As someone who has been using the web, and developing websites since 1996, I consider myself a bit more "web-savvy" than many... and if it wasn't obvious to me, then I suggest it will not be obvious to many others as well.

I suggest that you make some buttons, or at least change the color/size of the link text. A light green would work better perhaps.

Just a suggestion.

And another suggestion.... these types of sites always have a chicken/egg type of problem when getting started. Generally speaking, the more user activity, the better. And if people don't see others using the site, its discouraging. Why not encourage people to upload their letters even if they have not yet been published. An unpublished letter can very well be picked up by another volunteer and perhaps published somewhere else in the country.

I agree, I need to do something about those links...I think I'll have my coder make the non-link text much smaller, that should make it pretty obvious...

Don't worry, I have a good plan for the chicken egg scenario...it will unfold over next couple of days

:)

Petar
01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7955/banneryj2.th.jpg (http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banneryj2.jpg)