PDA

View Full Version : Um...

Patriot123
01-27-2008, 12:26 PM
I have a question. People always talk about preventing vote fraud via petitions and legislations, but why not instead of trying to pass some legislation that would revert everything to paper ballots, why not go for something like... Receipts? Just a question :rolleyes: I just don't really see why people are trying to go for one thing which would be three if not four times as hard as something as getting their local primaries or caucuses to give recipts :p

asgardshill
01-27-2008, 01:42 PM
I have a question. People always talk about preventing vote fraud via petitions and legislations, but why not instead of trying to pass some legislation that would revert everything to paper ballots, why not go for something like... Receipts? Just a question :rolleyes: I just don't really see why people are trying to go for one thing which would be three if not four times as hard as something as getting their local primaries or caucuses to give recipts :p

The reason I've been repeatedly given why voting receipts are a Bad Thing is the asshole boss or union rep who could require you to produce your receipt to prove that you actually voted when you took time off work to go vote. Then, heaven help you at your next performance review if you didn't vote the "right" way. A sore point with me, as I actually once lost a contract job solely because I "voted the wrong way".