PDA

View Full Version : New commercial idea to reach the older folks

Mortikhi
01-27-2008, 08:47 AM
*An older couple, looking somber, sitting at the kitchen table*

*No noise, other than a clearing of a throat and the rattling of a newspaper that 'Grandpa' is reading*

Grandma: We haven't seen Joey since he graduated college.
Grandpa: I know.
Grandma: I sure wish he would come see us. We haven't even seen our grandkids yet.
Grandpa: Let's give him a call.

*Grandma on phone*
Grandma: Joey, how would you and the kids like to come down here this summer and spend some time on the beach?
Joey: I can't Mom. I have to work.
Grandma: Surely you can take off a couple weeks.
Joey: No Mom, I can't. ...I can't afford to take off work.
Grandma: How about just one week then.
Joey: Mom, I would love to come see you and Dad, to let play with the kids, but I can't do much now since the government raised the amount of my pay that goes directly to Social Security. It's over 50% now. Add in income tax and I'm paying 70% of my paycheck to the government.

*Camera on Grandma's face. Eyes tearing up.*

*Cat's In The Cradle starts playing in the background*

*fade to black*

*white text on black screen*

"Let's let the younger generation opt out of Social Security. It's for the Grandchildren"

Vote Ron Paul

:D

Mortikhi
01-27-2008, 09:56 AM
ITS FOR THE GRANDCHILDREN!!!! *weeps*

Derek Johnson
01-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Get in the nursing homes, please. They will appreciate your visit, and your passion for the constitution. Offer them a ride to the poll, they will take you up on it. You can't tell them who to vote for, but they will like Ron's positions.

Mortikhi
01-27-2008, 05:59 PM
My wife works in a nursing home. Going there is an exercise in futility.

Crickett
01-27-2008, 08:18 PM
It isn't the nursing homes, it is the retirement homes and communities..the ones that are still active and like to listen to different programs in the evenings..the ones they take to go and vote!