PDA

View Full Version : HELP me please

Cyclone
01-27-2008, 05:53 AM
I can't find the section on materials, and I just got a ton of 2 x 4 foot official signs.

How do I put them up? They didn't come with any sticks or anything. I am dead broke. What is the cheapest way to get these things set up along the road? They only have to last for 9 days.

Please help me and be specific. I am not very technical.

Do I use wooden stakes? Metal wires?

LibertyEagle
01-27-2008, 06:10 AM
I can't find the section on materials...

Here is the section on campaign materials.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

LibertyEagle
01-27-2008, 06:11 AM
Cyclone,

I've heard people say on here that you can buy wire stands for about 1 dollar.

Cyclone
01-27-2008, 06:35 AM
The wire stands for a buck won't hold the 2 x 4 signs. Everyone on those threads kept saying, make your own wire stand. Does anyone know how? I am almost out of time folks. Just got the signs today.

Please tell me how to do this. I have 70 or more signs to put up. I can't afford two bucks or more each to put them in the ground.

I have been up all night painting them and adding glass beads so they reflect when car lights hit them. They are sooooo cool. There must be a way people have found to handle these bigger signs.

Cyclone
01-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Has anyone here put up one sign? If so, can you tell me how? These things are big. 2 x 4 feet.

Also, how do you find out where it is legal to post them. They keep telling me on public property, but I don't know what that is. How do I find out?

evadmurd
01-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Probably the cheapest way to get those up would be to wire them or tie them to a fence or tree. Anything else would cost too much, and as you say that is out of the question. I use the same wire stakes for the smaller signs with the 2x4's without problems. You need 2 per sign though. Good luck, Cyclone.

Every jurisdiction has their own rules about sign placement. Ours need to be 15 feet off of the road, and can't exceed 32 sq ft (or something like that). Basically, as election time gets closer, and more and more signs go up, just make sure they present no safety issues. Your county or city election committee will have the official rules.

Cyclone
01-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Probably the cheapest way to get those up would be to wire them or tie them to a fence or tree. Anything else would cost too much, and as you say that is out of the question. I use the same wire stakes for the smaller signs with the 2x4's without problems. You need 2 per sign though. Good luck, Cyclone.

Every jurisdiction has their own rules about sign placement. Ours need to be 15 feet off of the road, and can't exceed 32 sq ft (or something like that). Basically, as election time gets closer, and more and more signs go up, just make sure they present no safety issues. Your county or city election committee will have the official rules.

Thank you very much.

rancher89
01-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Also, there was a guy that showed in a video how to post signs quickly. I'll try to describe it. He had one of those packing tape dispensers and ran the tape in and "X" pattern across the front and back of the sign when attaching the sign to a post, pole or other upright object. The same for fences, but cut the tape and push through the holes in the fence and then continue up the back and over the top, again in the "X" pattern.

Hope this helps, he had smaller signs he had made himself, but some were larger, same technique.