http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnitdH4Pso

My new video, hope you guys like it.

Daring video Luis :)

Kingfisher
01-27-2008, 06:49 AM
Nice! Welcome.

dblee
01-27-2008, 08:44 AM
welcome! love the video, hate the music. :)

luis9343
01-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Daring video Luis :)

yes, i bit daring wasn't it ;), thanks guys.

acroso
01-27-2008, 01:01 PM
I found that a tad bit offensive...mostly the clip of General Patraeus...it brings back bad memories of "General Betray-us" move on ads....

integrity
01-27-2008, 01:04 PM
I liked it a lot. music was good to. Kill Bill scene where the hitlady dressed as a nurse...?

RPTXState
01-27-2008, 01:06 PM
THIS DOES NOT WIN THE BASE!!

Attacking Bush (or Gen. Patraeus) hurts RP's reputation among the BASE (conservative voters).

/rant

HenryKnoxFineBooks
01-27-2008, 01:07 PM
I havent seen the video yet (not at a B-Band connection), But, if it's anything like the MoveOn.org video of a few years back (2005?), that transposed one of Hitler's speeches over an image of GW Bush, it was so broadly condemned, from both the left and the right, that MoveOn.org, the leftist of the left, apoligized for it, claimed it was a mistake, and pulled it.

I'm sure yours is much more tasteful....and will attract republican undecided voters....

CareerTech1
01-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Hitler set out to kill innocent people believing his race was superior and should rule the world.
Bush set out to save lives believing Iraq had WMD - and continuing on in believing we are bringing democracy to the region.
Petraus is a good man who is following orders with the same belief.

I don't agree that we should be over there any longer - and I do believe there was a lot of manipulation related to oil interests as our primary motivation to go there - which is also why I believe we need to get out of there asap. But i do not believe our President and government had bad intentions in going there - or in the response to 9/11.

I assure you Ron Paul would not compare Bush, Petraus, Chaney, etc. to Hitler.

Ron Paul is a statesman and the closest thing to the founding fathers we have. I hope and pray that we get out of Iraq. I am completely sickened to learn that approx 1.2 million civilians have been killed over there.

luis9343
01-27-2008, 01:16 PM
lol, yes guys i agree its a bit of a stretch, the holocaust and iraq are not the same thing, but its hard to ignore the similarities. So i hope you guys take the first part with a grain of salt, lol. And yes the song is from Kill Bill Vol.1 not sure what scene though.

ronpaul4pres
01-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Interesting video, but I don't think it will go viral. There is an association of Ron Paul with Hitler and Bush in the video (and this thread title) with no clear distinction. It is difficult to see how he is different (from a new person's perspective).

luis9343
01-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Hitler set out to kill innocent people believing his race was superior and should rule the world.
Bush set out to save lives believing Iraq had WMD - and continuing on in believing we are bringing democracy to the region.
Petraus is a good man who is following orders with the same belief.

I don't agree that we should be over there any longer - and I do believe there was a lot of manipulation related to oil interests as our primary motivation to go there - which is also why I believe we need to get out of there asap. But i do not believe our President and government had bad intentions in going there - or in the response to 9/11.

I assure you Ron Paul would not compare Bush, Petraus, Chaney, etc. to Hitler.

Ron Paul is a statesman and the closest thing to the founding fathers we have. I hope and pray that we get out of Iraq. I am completely sickened to learn that approx 1.2 million civilians have been killed over there.

true, but isn't it just too easy to simply say, the nazi's were all evil people, period. They were obviously people just like every one around the world, and there just seems to be some similar correlations with the war on "terror". Both are two countries fighting for power. Different times, different countries. Sure its a stretch, but if we were really fighting for just democracy, then i suggest that right after Iraq we go into Africa, give them democracy and then to North Korea, lol.

CareerTech1
01-27-2008, 01:29 PM
this video can and will most likely hurt just as much if not more than help -

slantedview
01-27-2008, 01:31 PM
i like it

luis9343
01-27-2008, 01:41 PM
i like it

thanks, glad you liked it ;)

luis9343
01-27-2008, 06:47 PM
this video can and will most likely hurt just as much if not more than help -

don't jinx it, lol, i hope not :(

Sey.Naci
01-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Using Hitler's name is always risky. Haven't even seen the video, but I'm put off just by the title. If I am, a staunch RP supporter, it's likely others would be, especially if you're linking Hitler to Bush.

thehittgirl
01-27-2008, 07:05 PM
I like it...didn't care for the whistling, but otherwise good video. I ticked a few fellow Christians off when I compared Bush to Hitler. Oh well. The truth hurts.

jglapski
01-27-2008, 07:07 PM
It will do more harm than good, because you are equating Americans with Nazis. That is the image they will take away.

Then there is the problem of equating Iraq with WWII and with the Holocaust.

The other issue is that the demarcation between Hitler/Bush and Paul is not clear at all, if you watch it casually.

thehittgirl
01-27-2008, 07:20 PM
It will do more harm than good, because you are equating Americans with Nazis. That is the image they will take away.

The other issue is that the demarcation between Hitler/Bush and Paul is not clear at all, if you watch it casually.

Supposedly many Americans are against the war...at least polls say that. So really, the Bush administration is accountable for lying to the people.

Americans aren't Nazis, it's just that many were/are blinded. We have to stop being so politically correct. It's a big part of what's bringing our country down.

luis9343
01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
I like it...didn't care for the whistling, but otherwise good video. I ticked a few fellow Christians off when I compared Bush to Hitler. Oh well. The truth hurts.

lol, glad you liked it

ye, it was risky, but it was a correlation i couldn't ignore. Hopefully people will focus in the second half, lol.

luis9343
01-27-2008, 07:25 PM
something i want to make very clear about my vid, i had no intentions to criminalize the troops or the American people, but just the bush administration since they are the ones running the show. Just like in Germany you cant say every single German was evil, rather the ones in command.

Supposedly many Americans are against the war...at least polls say that. So really, the Bush administration is accountable for lying to the people.

Americans aren't Nazis, it's just that many were/are blinded. We have to stop being so politically correct. It's a big part of what's bringing our country down.

i agree

jarofclay
01-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Why isn't it OK to compare Bush with Hitler? People should be able to draw reference and make comparisons with history all day. Condemning peoples opinions (as strange as some may be) is spitting on the amendment right that lets everyone make an ass of themselves.

luis9343
01-28-2008, 01:59 AM
just like ron paul has said "they don't attack us because were free but because were over there in there country, tellin them how to live, and we have been for the last 20 years or so." WWII lasted like 6 years, and the war on "terror" in the middle east is now on its like 7th year and bush wants to attack iran. Maybe it isn't the same type of killing, but if like ron says, were killing people because we give them the reason to attack us, i dont see whats the difference really, than killing them for racist issues, they both seem unjust to me.