PDA

View Full Version : Will Ron run as an Independent?

Cyclone
01-27-2008, 05:40 AM
http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-Independent-012708.html

What do you all think of this? I am not sure where I fall on this one.

Please read the article and tell me what you think of the analysis.

Rebel Resource
01-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Running for republican first provides the springboard of exposure and gets the vote out much earlier. To think we can get GOP nomination is probably what the campaign want us to believe, but only because the harder we work towards that goal, the most powerful our springboard will be for the indepedent run.

EotS
01-27-2008, 06:44 AM
I have always believed that he would be reluctant to do so - as he says - but if the grassroots pushes for him to run, he will.

Cyclone
01-27-2008, 06:48 AM
I guess I should have should, please read this article and tell me what you think. Can't change the title now. Sorry.

nosebruise
01-27-2008, 06:48 AM
hes gonna try as hard as possible for the nom.

failing that, i think it wholly depends on what things look like.

i mean, if you put him in a completely hypothetical situation where his odds looked unbeatable it would be pretty stupid not to run.

of course it's not gonna look like that, but its just proving a point... if he has enough support to warrant a run, who knows maybe?

i dont think we should focus on it though. lets shoot for the nom. failing that we'll see what the general consensus is.

Wyurm
01-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Even he has said that there is an extremely minute possibility that he could change his mind. However, this is the problem I see: When you offer options up to people they tend to put the most energy into what they feel would work best to achieve what they want most. There are alot of people who are behind Dr. Paul that want to challenge the two party system, winning the presidency would be a bonus to them.

So, for those of us who desperately want Dr. Paul to be president, this constant discussion of his possible independent or third party run is not a good thing. It provides a type of hope that diverts energy away from the nomination process. I wish everyone was of a mind that we will cross that bridge IF we get to it, rather than when we get to it.

I'm aware that the powers that be within the GOP don't want him to win. Of course they don't want him to win since much of the GOP leadership usurped the truly conservative leadership. Why would they want to allow a true conservative back in and undo everything they have spent so much time building? The thing is that we have our best chance in the general if we are in one of the two main parties. We should all be well aware that it wouldn't be easy and would be filled with a great many obstacles, but it is still our best chance.

I know it's nice to hold out hope, but I worry that the hope of an independent run is acting as one of our greatest enemies. I can also see where I could be wrong on this since there is the slight chance that enough in the GOP could fear Dr. Paul could run and keep them from winning, but then I would also have thought that they would have given up on wanting to start any more wars in the middle east as well.

nodope0695
01-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Running for republican first provides the springboard of exposure and gets the vote out much earlier. To think we can get GOP nomination is probably what the campaign want us to believe, but only because the harder we work towards that goal, the most powerful our springboard will be for the indepedent run.

I tend to agree with your assessment Rebel, however I would hope he continues toward the possiblility of a broker convention. The field is going to narrow, and he will no longer be over shadowed as much as he is now.

It will be a happy day when Ghouliani drops out. He's technically in last place, but still get three times as much media attention as Paul.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-27-2008, 08:06 AM

Exactly. He needs to ride the Republican vehicle as long as possible because it's what is getting him exposure. He has said he's in it as long as we support him and raise money for him.

Besides, most of us would write him in anyway, so he may as well run with it.

First things first though.

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 08:37 AM
My previous post on the case for 3rd party...

I think there are MANY good reasons why a third party run gives us a greater chance at the presidency than a brokered convention.

1. We are losing voters to registration deadlines
2. If Hillary gets the nod for the Democrats, I'm sure we can convince Obama supporters to come to us (They hate Hillary).
3. We don't have to be demoralized by working within the Republican Party corrupted system controlled by the nWo lackies (who will never allow Ron to get the nod anyway)
4. If McCain (It will be him or Romney) gets the nod then we could attract a lot of conservative Republicans who hate him with a passion but are not yet aware of Ron because they are fixated on Romney and the MSM.
5. More time for people to discover Ron and more time to convert people.

Of course the bad thing is that the 2 major parties have worked together to shut out 3rd parties with outrageous rules for getting on the ballot etc...It's fucking fascism. It's CFR V CFR with the Dems and GOP, then you look elsewherre and you find nothing, because they have shut 3rd parties out. Pisses me off so much.

edit: O Yeah....and it will be FUN AS HELL and we could expand the movement MUCH FASTER (Some people are turned off simply because we identify as 'Republicans' - I call that the Keith Olbermann false-left paradigm effect)

AlexMerced
01-27-2008, 08:41 AM
I have always believed that he would be reluctant to do so - as he says - but if the grassroots pushes for him to run, he will.

that pretty much sums it off, if the grassroots stay in tact and keeps him funded + if he can get firm solid routine to break into a small chunk of media exposure, he could be a force in the general election.

Truth Warrior
01-27-2008, 08:48 AM
I strongly doubt an independent run.

r3volution
01-27-2008, 08:51 AM
we have been debating this every day now for almost a yr , give it a rest already . you guys are starting to sound like the media .

mysticgeek
01-27-2008, 09:06 AM

Lets not lose focus on the task at hand! We need to do everything in our power to get him on the GOP ticket.

But if the republicans keep trying to oust him from the party ... why the hell wouldn't he run as an independent? Look what happened to Joe lieberman ... the democrats were vicious because of his pro war stance ... he ran as an Independent and won!

disciple
01-27-2008, 09:10 AM
The message comes before the party, and since the party has long abondoned the message , I say Dr. Paul should run as an indepedent, or risks becoming another Ross Perot.

Michigan11
01-27-2008, 09:12 AM
I was against him running a third party previously...

At this point I am seeing a strategy unfolding.....not from this article, but something much bigger than I could have imagined before...hmmm

obstruksion
01-27-2008, 09:20 AM

+1

Derek Johnson
01-27-2008, 09:40 AM
shhh........y'all......timing

;)

right time, right place, in front of the right people = our victory

JoBurke
01-27-2008, 09:45 AM
party smarty, I am for Dr. Paul all the way - no matter what.

SilentBull
01-27-2008, 10:12 AM
The field is going to narrow, and he will no longer be over shadowed as much as he is now.

Did you not see the last debate? Are you not seeing what is happening with John Edwards. Even if there are only 3 people left, they will make it look like it's only 2 people running.

They are ignoring him even more than they used to when there were more candidates running.

govtpigII
01-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Look, Dr. Paul has stated numerous times he will stay in this as long as WE support him. That is all you need to know, donate to the guy and he will stick around.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Of course he will run independent.

The trick will be getting him as much free meda as possible. Already, people like Blitzer, Leno, Maher, and others seem to love RP. That's a good first step.

One of our biggest priorities will be getting him into the debates with Hillary & Mitt, or whoever the two-party system cranks out.

B of R guy
01-27-2008, 10:32 AM
I used to be against a third party effort but am now thinking that may be what needs to happen.

With our support RP has a firm foundation and the money to carry the message to a much broader audience than the depressingly narrow Republican base.

Libertarian social positions will appeal to many Democratic constituencies.

The movement could really grow with a third party run. That growth seems most important to me right now.

The big question is whether the elitists in MSM could resist reporting on a RP third party effort. They so love conflict generally and spoilers in particular. They would have a tough time ignoring a third party.

animator
01-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I know it's nice to hold out hope, but I worry that the hope of an independent run is acting as one of our greatest enemies. I can also see where I could be wrong on this since there is the slight chance that enough in the GOP could fear Dr. Paul could run and keep them from winning, but then I would also have thought that they would have given up on wanting to start any more wars in the middle east as well.

I agree. When the media keeps asking him if he's going to run independant, it's not 'cause they want him to succeed. It's 'cause they know if he starts talking independant it will split the focus in his supporters and many would probably give up the effort to get the Republican nomination thinking they had another chance.

If an army is too strong, divide and conquer

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 10:42 AM
I agree. When the media keeps asking him if he's going to run independant, it's not 'cause they want him to succeed. It's 'cause they know if he starts talking independant it will split the focus in his supporters and many would probably give up the effort to get the Republican nomination thinking they had another chance.

If an army is too strong, divide and conquer

I think the main purpose is to alienate loyal republicans and to make them think there is no point in voting for him. If he says 3rd party is a possibility it puts them off.

Little do they know their party is not actually the true republican party anymore but a nWo-controlled part of the false right paradigm.

crazyfingers
01-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Anyone who thinks Ron is going to make an independent run needs to watch the very end of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6hZfxsJ4lQ

In it, he says "I'm ruling it out", and "It's not gonna happen"

Interviewer: So if you don't get the Republican nomination you're out?
RP: That's right

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Anyone who thinks Ron is going to make an independent run needs to watch the very end of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6hZfxsJ4lQ

and then he said at the Florida debate "I have no plans to do that" once again.

merrimac
01-27-2008, 11:14 AM
One of his biggest complaints about a third party run is that you have to spend half of your money just getting on the ballot like he had to in 1988. But I think we can all agree that this time around all Ron has to do is say "I'm running" and he will be on the ballots, guaranteed. He won't have to spend a cent just like he didn't have to spend a cent to get $6 million in one day. We're just too dedicated. It's like we're in some sort of unconcious competition with each other to see who can sacrifice the most time, money, and who can be the most creative. My way of contributing to the campaign has mostly been making videos that promote him on youtube and I will keep making them if he stays in the race. And most people on this forum will keep doing what they're doing now because if we want to take back our country, what other choice do we have? I will no longer sit back and silently watch this country slowly drift further away from our Constitution, our founding values, or our independence ever again. Just think: we raised more money in one day than the special interests could ever muster in a single day. If you look in the political book of world records, the most money donated in a single day no longer belongs to the corrupt who only donated to get something in return. It belongs to the Patriots who want nothing except their country back. Whether 5% or 10% of us are awake, I'll bet that that's much more than it was last year. And that's an encouraging thought. So I say let's continue the trend.

Ron, if you're out there reading this, should you lose the Republican nomination, I am still on board.

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 11:18 AM
One of his biggest complaints about a third party run is that you have to spend half of your money just getting on the ballot like he had to in 1988. But I think we can all agree that this time around all Ron has to do is say "I'm running" and he will be on the ballots, guaranteed. He won't have to spend a cent just like he didn't have to spend a cent to get $6 million in one day. We're just too dedicated. It's like we're in some sort of unconcious competition with each other to see who can sacrifice the most time, money, and who can be the most creative. My way of contributing to the campaign has mostly been making videos that promote him on youtube and I will keep making them if he stays in the race. And most people on this forum will keep doing what they're doing now because if we want to take back our country, what other choice do we have? I will no longer sit back and silently watch this country slowly drift further away from our Constitution, our founding values, or our independence ever again. Just think: we raised more money in one day than the special interests could ever muster in a single day. If you look in the political book of world records, the most money donated in a single day no longer belongs to the corrupt who only donated to get something in return. It belongs to the Patriots who want nothing except their country back. Whether 5% or 10% of us are awake, I'll bet that that's much more than it was last year. And that's an encouraging thought. So I say let's continue the trend.

Ron, if you're out there reading this, should you lose the Republican nomination, I am still on board.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

- Margaret Mead

evadmurd
01-27-2008, 11:19 AM
He told the reporter in Nevada that it is not going to happen. No. It is the republican candidacy or nothing.

Nanerbeet
01-27-2008, 11:20 AM
If Hillary and McCain get the nomination, a 3rd party run would be feasable; Rush Limbaugh hates those two candidates and blasts them each and every day. Who do you think his listeners are going to support?

If either Obama or Romney get the nomination, then it would make much less sense.

Shink
01-27-2008, 11:21 AM
I would not be surprised after Super Tuesday if Ron's site put up a poll about that option or asked for emails relating to people's opinion on the subject. Ron would want to be sure his Revolution is still in his corner.

EvilNight
01-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Ron will run 3rd party if and only if necessary.

The best solution is to support Ron and help him do whatever he is doing. Right now, that's winning the Republican nomination.

DeadtoSin
01-27-2008, 11:29 AM
I personally think it is a bad idea for him to run as a third party, but I would support him in any case.

Shink
01-27-2008, 11:31 AM

He's also said he can't imagine quitting if all his supporters want him to keep going. He is keeping an ace in the hole.

familydog
01-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Ron Paul has more of a chance to get elected president as a Republican than an independent. If Ron's whole campaign is nothing but a launching point to a third party or an independent run, then its going to piss a lot of his supporters off including me. I'm supporting him to be the Republican nominee, not anything else and I know a lot of people outside this forum agree with me. Does that mean I will vote for any of the other Republicans? No. But it's pretty crappy for Ron Paul to tell us we can win the GOP nod, all while knowing he can't and is just using this as a springboard. I'm not saying that is the case, but some people here make it sound like it.

Riddle me this. Why do people here get so angry at the MSM when they ask him if he will run third party or independent, at the same time these same people have no problem starting threads about it or saying how great it would be?

maqsur
01-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Just a thought on the idea of 3rd party run.

Now, let's talk about feasibility of a 3rd party run, as Dr. Paul has talked about before. As he has said, it is extremely difficult to get on the ballot, and to get included in debates, etc. After all, look what the Democratic Party did to Ralph Nader in the 2004 election; he had to spend all his money just to fight in court.

Now, let's look at our campaign. I believe firmly that Dr. Paul should go all the way as a Republican, because that is the kind of person he is; he will fight til the end. Having said that, if Dr. Paul for whatever reason doesn't get the Republican nomination, then he really should consider 3rd party.

His worries about ballot access and such can be helped by the grassroots. Think about it, if we can raise almost 30 million dollars at least so far for his campaign (since he declared his candidacy), I think we can help pay to get his name on the ballot as an independent.

That way, Dr. Paul can focus on the message of liberty, while we help him with the ballot access and related issues of 3rd party campaigning.

What are your guys' thoughts?

Rebel Resource
01-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Riddle me this. Why do people here get so angry at the MSM when they ask him if he will run third party or independent, at the same time these same people have no problem starting threads about it or saying how great it would be?

Because the people here are different to the sheep watching the TV interview. We know we need to work hard whatever the best plan is. The dumb sheep will say why should I support him when he's running a pointless campaign.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Ron Paul has more of a chance to get elected president as a Republican than an independent. If Ron's whole campaign is nothing but a launching point to a third party or an independent run, then its going to piss a lot of his supporters off including me. I'm supporting him to be the Republican nominee, not anything else and I know a lot of people outside this forum agree with me. Does that mean I will vote for any of the other Republicans? No. But it's pretty crappy for Ron Paul to tell us we can win the GOP nod, all while knowing he can't and is just using this as a springboard. I'm not saying that is the case, but some people here make it sound like it.

Then you are not a Ron Paul supporter. Your loyalty is the broken, war-mongering GOP, it appears.

Rebel Resource
01-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Just a thought on the idea of 3rd party run.

Now, let's look at our campaign. I believe firmly that Dr. Paul should go all the way as a Republican, because that is the kind of person he is; he will fight til the end. Having said that, if Dr. Paul for whatever reason doesn't get the Republican nomination, then he really should consider 3rd party.

What are your guys' thoughts?

When we switch to 3rd party, we'll cause such a fuss that most of America should eventually see the media is a fraud. We'll fund the most powerful attack ads on whatever Rep and Dem are selected and destroy them.

In six months time this campaign is going to be ready to go into orbit, I'm pretty sure of this.

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 11:41 AM

A lot of people weren't aware the Republican party was nWo controlled before Ron tried to get the nomination.

My position is that the Republican nomination is impossible for Ron, for that very reason. They will not let it happen. Even if we win some states, the others will join together and rape him at the convention.

Rebel Resource
01-27-2008, 11:48 AM
A lot of people weren't aware the Republican party was nWo controlled before Ron tried to get the nomination.

My position is that the Republican nomination is impossible for Ron, for that very reason. They will not let it happen. Even if we win some states, the others will join together and rape him at the convention.

http://www.vimeo.com/383751

I'm watching this right now and its about the delegate situation and very interesting.

familydog
01-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Then you are not a Ron Paul supporter. Your loyalty is the broken, war-mongering GOP, it appears.

Get off your high horse. You don't know anything about me.

Rebel Resource
01-27-2008, 11:53 AM

Well, it's simple enough, if you support RP it doesn't matter what he runs as. You know we're right.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-27-2008, 11:53 AM

Your statement was clear: You will only support RP in the GOP, not independent. That speaks for itself. Your loyalty appears to be to the GOP, not to Ron and his message.

thehittgirl
01-27-2008, 11:54 AM
I was against him running a third party previously...

At this point I am seeing a strategy unfolding.....not from this article, but something much bigger than I could have imagined before...hmmm

Same here and quite honestly, I see support growing faster than ever. Not trying to sound like a downer as far as the GOP. but I wonder if the fast growing support is too late for the GOP. So that's why I am all for an independent run where as previously I didn't think he'd have a chance on that.

familydog
01-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Well, it's simple enough, if you support RP it doesn't matter what he runs as. You know we're right.

I never said I wasn't going to suppport Ron Paul if he ran as something other than the GOP. It's that simple buddy.

dw1345
01-27-2008, 11:55 AM
IF Hillary is the dem nominee.... he BETTER run Independent haha

familydog
01-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Your statement was clear: You will only support RP in the GOP, not independent. That speaks for itself. Your loyalty appears to be to the GOP, not to Ron and his message.

Youre message is clear. You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about and by looking at previous posts of yours it proves it. Quit putting words in my mouth. You're as bad as the MSM.

TastyWheat
01-27-2008, 11:58 AM
I think he should do it. Some people, who chose to remain independent, couldn't vote in the closed primaries. So he'll pick up some of those votes. In any case I think he should stick with it up until the end because there's always a chance. If we take away Republican votes and cause a Democrat to win who cares. That's what they get for not supporting Ron Paul. Either way I think the next President should get us completely out of the Middle East asap.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Youre message is clear. You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about and by looking at previous posts of yours it proves it. Quit putting words in my mouth. You're as bad as the MSM.

Okay, tell us WHY you will not support Ron in an independent run?

Revolution9
01-27-2008, 12:06 PM
The message comes before the party, and since the party has long abondoned the message , I say Dr. Paul should run as an indepedent, or risks becoming another Ross Perot.

Ross perot had no pulpit beyond his POTUS run. Ron on the other hand has an exemplary career in Congress and should the nomination fail for him he should return to Congress where every word he speaks and every bill he tables will be talked about and scrutinized. He can actually halt the police state momentum from Congress now that he has major kudos and a proven ability to attract money and support. As an indeoenedent he will lose the race and someone else will take his cpngressional seat and he willo be stuck on the lecture circuit for four years instead of standing in the breach for We The People, as has been his lifes work in politics.

So please, roll this around in your mind though it may be like marbles in your mouth. Ron now has major power in the two party system . He will lose that power by running independent. they want him to do so as he then willingly has stepped out of the box and they can slam the lid shut. And the the hijacked Republican Party gets further eroded by trojan horse neocon warmongers and profiteers, fools, mercenary buffoons, theocrats and scared silly pantywaisters.

If we haven't got this round we will barnstorm, steamroll and get the largesy majority ever in the 2012 elections. However..Many of you forget how bad the dollar s tanking and this is the storm clouds silver lining in our bid for POTUS. Ron needs to stay in the Republican Party or he risks giving away the power we have given him.

Best Regards
Randy

Rebel Resource
01-27-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm supporting him to be the Republican nominee, not anything else and I know a lot of people outside this forum agree with me. Does that mean I will vote for any of the other Republicans? No.

This was your quote and it sounded like it still sounds. But no worries, so you're cool then :D

wgadget
01-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Well, if the Republicans don't nominate him, whoever they DO nominate will lose to the Democrats anyway....So, what do we have to lose?

familydog
01-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Okay, tell us WHY you will not support Ron in an independent run?

There you go again. I never said I didn't support Ron running as an independent or third party. I simply said he has more of a chance of getting elected president in the GOP. If he makes it as the GOP nominee, regardless if the establishment hates him, the RNC will have to support him. We all know this is a two party system, and regardless of how piss-poor the dem and republican nominee are, they will get 95% of the attention. I am supporting him to be the GOP because he is running as a Republican.

As I stated in my original post, I and many Ron Paul supporters outside this forum will be pissed IF this whole thing is nothing but a launching point to an independent run. He has been telling us all along he has a chance to get the GOP nod, and if he and his campaign knows that actually isn't true he should be honest about that. I want to see him as president. I don't want to see any of the others as president. But I'm not so blinded that I won't be pretty upset if this whole Republican run is nothing but a charade.

If you still interpret that as me supporting the GOP over Ron, then apparently there is no help for you.

Spirit of '76
01-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Ross perot had no pulpit beyond his POTUS run. Ron on the other hand has an exemplary career in Congress and should the nomination fail for him he should return to Congress where every word he speaks and every bill he tables will be talked about and scrutinized. He can actually halt the police state momentum from Congress now that he has major kudos and a proven ability to attract money and support. As an indeoenedent he will lose the race and someone else will take his cpngressional seat and he willo be stuck on the lecture circuit for four years instead of standing in the breach for We The People, as has been his lifes work in politics.

So please, roll this around in your mind though it may be like marbles in your mouth. Ron now has major power in the two party system . He will lose that power by running independent. they want him to do so as he then willingly has stepped out of the box and they can slam the lid shut. And the the hijacked Republican Party gets further eroded by trojan horse neocon warmongers and profiteers, fools, mercenary buffoons, theocrats and scared silly pantywaisters.

If we haven't got this round we will barnstorm, steamroll and get the largesy majority ever in the 2012 elections. However..Many of you forget how bad the dollar s tanking and this is the storm clouds silver lining in our bid for POTUS. Ron needs to stay in the Republican Party or he risks giving away the power we have given him.

Best Regards
Randy

Great insight, Randy. Personally, I'd like to see him run for the Senate if his bid for the nomination fails. He is concurrently running for the House, though, and I'm sure his efforts will be focused there if he doesn't receive the nomination.

As you say, he would be a more formidable force in the Congress than ever before. You can rest assured that the GOP now takes him more seriously than at any previous point in his long career.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-27-2008, 12:14 PM
There you go again. I never said I didn't support Ron running as an independent or third party. I simply said he has more of a chance of getting elected president in the GOP. If he makes it as the GOP nominee, regardless if the establishment hates him, the RNC will have to support him. We all know this is a two party system, and regardless of how piss-poor the dem and republican nominee are, they will get 95% of the attention. I am supporting him to be the GOP because he is running as a Republican.

How did Ross Perot get fair treatment in 1992??? He was in the debates and got as much MSM coverage as Bush or Clinton. He was LEADING in national polls before his meltdown.

As I stated in my original post, I and many Ron Paul supporters outside this forum will be pissed IF this whole thing is nothing but a launching point to an independent run. He has been telling us all along he has a chance to get the GOP nod, and if he and his campaign knows that actually isn't true he should be honest about that. I want to see him as president. I don't want to see any of the others as president. But I'm not so blinded that I won't be pretty upset if this whole Republican run is nothing but a charade.

Anyone with any knowledge of the politics knew that RP would never get the GOP nomination. He wants to end the war and legalize cocaine! The point all along has been to gain name recognition, be in the debates, bring down the neocon ideology, gain support, and see what happens from there. If you actually thought the GOP would nominate RP, I don't know what to tell you. Ron HAD to say he was trying to win. If he said, "Well I know we can't win" from the start, many would have supported him. Come on, dude. Use some common sense.

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Great insight, Randy. Personally, I'd like to see him run for the Senate if his bid for the nomination fails. He is concurrently running for the House, though, and I'm sure his efforts will be focused there if he doesn't receive the nomination.

As you say, he would be a more formidable force in the Congress than ever before. You can rest assured that the GOP now takes him more seriously than at any previous point in his long career.

I hope you are bullshitting just to get people to shut up about 3rd party.

I say this because the big collapse is on the cards. And by that I mean the collapse that will be worse than the Great Depression. The bankers will then offer the amero and the New World Order as a solution.

We need to win this.

familydog
01-27-2008, 12:25 PM
How did Ross Perot get fair treatment in 1992??? He was in the debates and got as much MSM coverage as Bush or Clinton. He was LEADING in national polls before his meltdown.

Anyone with any knowledge of the politics knew that RP would never get the GOP nomination. He wants to end the war and legalize cocaine! The point all along has been to gain name recognition, be in the debates, bring down the neocon ideology, gain support, and see what happens from there. If you actually thought the GOP would nominate RP, I don't know what to tell you. Ron HAD to say he was trying to win. If he said, "Well I know we can't win" from the start, many would have supported him. Come on, dude. Use some common sense.

Ok, why didn't Ralph Nader get fair treatment? He wasn't in the debates, barely got MSM coverage other than smear pieces, and never led national polls.

You're right. I'm stupid to ever believe the GOP would nominate Ron Paul. I'm glad you're here, the master of politics, to predict the future and tell us what's going to happen.

/sarcasm off

So basically what you're saying is that I have wasted almost a year of my life trying to convince the GOP to vote for Ron Paul.

I'm not sure what dreamworld you are living in, but a lot of Republicans who would vote for Ron Paul will not follow him into an independent run, because the two party system rule. A Dem wins or a Repub wins. Now, you can call them sheep, dumb, morons, brainwahsed, anything you want, but it won't help anything.

I wonder how many other people are like you. No wonder why we are struggling with the GOP.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Ok, why didn't Ralph Nader get fair treatment? He wasn't in the debates, barely got MSM coverage other than smear pieces, and never led national polls.

Because Nader has very, very little popular support. Ron's stunning rise in terms of support and fundraising echoes Perot's bid, not Nader's. It seems to me that YOU are the pessimist if you are comparing RP to Nader instead of Perot.

So basically what you're saying is that I have wasted almost a year of my life trying to convince the GOP to vote for Ron Paul.

You've only wasted your time if you refuse to support him as an independent.

Spirit of '76
01-27-2008, 12:42 PM
I hope you are bullshitting just to get people to shut up about 3rd party.

No, Randy is right.

I say this because the big collapse is on the cards. And by that I mean the collapse that will be worse than the Great Depression. The bankers will then offer the amero and the New World Order as a solution.

We need to win this.

Where'd you get your crystal ball?

Anyway, if that comes to pass, who's going to fight for us in Congress after Ron has left the GOP and abandoned his House seat for an Independent run he's not guaranteed to win?

What makes you people think that the establishment and the media are going to be any more cooperative with him if he runs Independent than they have been so far?

The small group of people here who continually agitate for a third party run when we haven't even gotten to Super Tuesday yet are every bit as much of a problem as the hostile media.

They're both working against us, trying to paint Ron as "not really a Republican", even as Ron stands on a stage and continually, repeatedly tells us that he is a true Republican.

The know-it-all little kids here who, out of some knee-jerk antipathy to the Republicans, constantly refer to them as "repukes" and "repugs" and "rethugs" are applying those labels to Ron Paul himself, who has chosen to be a Republican, refers to himself as a Republican, and has decided to work within the Republican Party.

Even worse, they're doing as much to divorce us from the Republican base as is the mainstream media, and they're actively working to make Ron's goal -- the goal he himself set -- of attaining the Republican nomination impossible.

They're being selfish, shortsighted, and small. Worse, they're being disrespectful to Ron and to everyone who is actually doing to the hard work of canvassing for voters, nominating delegates, volunteering as poll-workers to make sure the voting is fair, and generally doing the things that need to be done to win an election, while the third-party pushers sit around and bitch about it on the internet.