PDA

View Full Version : Liberty and freedom was won by...

EvilEngineer
01-27-2008, 02:41 AM
Do you understand yet how liberty was bought and paid for by our forefathers?

Can anyone name any tyrannical government that was ever over thrown peacefully? And I mean 100% not a soul got hurt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
responses:

... the business end of a rifle, and the blood and sacrifice of patriots.

... angry civil people with fliers and signs, who bowed to the will of the government and entered the "free-speech cages"

... people wearing pink and disrupting meetings of king and court.

... democratic elections, in a system where the votes aren't counted.

Heracles
01-27-2008, 04:17 AM
East German government, 1989: A government official mistakenly announced that people would be allowed free passage to the West, and the citizens of the East overwhelmed the wall's guards with their numbers.

That's a historical anamoly, though. Most change has come through much political struggle or violence.

Ginobili
01-27-2008, 04:38 AM
We gota blow stuff up. Its not going to be pretty.
http://i0006.photobucket.com/albums/0006/pbhomepage/cat%20or%20dog/emokitty.jpg

tcmaroc
01-27-2008, 04:52 AM
creative energy of individuals?

fatjohn
01-27-2008, 04:57 AM

Can anyone name any tyrannical government that was ever over thrown peacefully? And I mean 100% not a soul got hurt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
responses:

... the business end of a rifle, and the blood and sacrifice of patriots.

... angry civil people with fliers and signs, who bowed to the will of the government and entered the "free-speech cages"

... people wearing pink and disrupting meetings of king and court.

... democratic elections, in a system where the votes aren't counted.

India and Pakistan got rid of the Britisch under leadership of Mahatma Gahndi. And by the way their condition was a bit extremer.

fatjohn
01-27-2008, 04:58 AM
Why stop the war in Iraq to begin a civil war in America.

pcosmar
01-27-2008, 05:23 AM
India and Pakistan got rid of the Britisch under leadership of Mahatma Gahndi. And by the way their condition was a bit extremer.

Gandhi taught peaceful resistance and had a large effect. However that was also a large and unarmed population. There were violent confrontations and they finally wore down the British.
It also took many years, thousands died, but in the end they were successful.

pcosmar
01-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Why stop the war in Iraq to begin a civil war in America.

Who said anything about a civil war?

It my come to that, but not yet.
This struggle against the entrenched corruption in power and the media might be likened to war, but it is not to the point of a shooting war.
I believe the OP was pointing out the seriousness of this struggle.